Celtic FC 2009/10 Match Thread pre/dur/post[R]

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by frasermc, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep, that was the perfect debut for Duncan! :)

Now let's hope he'll continue this way.

Btw: Nice to see you still alive. :))

2. The Tartan Hoop

The Tartan Hoop New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    haha yeah thanks mate, just busy busy. Still come here for my fraser break down and you guys updating!

Loving the signings we are getting, hoping to see this Ramis come through as well but Thompson has been doing well PLUS he is a young boy which is perfect.

3. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Very true regarding Thompson but by all accounts, Ramis is the real deal. I think it'll be an excellent bit of business if we can get him in as well.

Just under 11 hours to go, so there is still time.

4. The Tartan Hoop

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    Thompson in, Loovens out and out... shame our new left back was not there for the game but by god Lee Naylor was poor with his deliveries tonight. I think Ki should have been replaced by Brown to bully the midfield and Fortune had a decent game but I wanted to see Rassmu on and working off Keane. Kamara wasn't really a great winger for me but made some good runs... McGeady was just as ball greedy as ever and needs time on the bench I'll agree with Fraser on that one.

other than that, had Ki closed down and Hoovield not pulled a leg muscle chances are the goal scorer would have been closed down earlier but we got caught ball watching and couldn't take the chances we made. We dominated but that alone does bring points.

Poor show on the changes TM, better start making better decisions and get the best out the team. and fast.

Nothing worse than getting it in the neck from the Huns at work after losing a game we truely dominated at most points! :p

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Dunfermline v Celtic - Sunday 7th February - Scottish Cup

Trying to work out who will be playing today is about as easy as picking 6 numbers on the lottery. There are some injuries to contend with that will reduce the pool of available players slightly so I'll give it a shot.

Players Out -

Jos Hooiveld
    Andreas Hinkel
    Shaun Maloney
    Paddy McCourt

[LINEUP-4-3-3]Fortune, Rasmussen, Keane, Ki, NGuemo, Brown(C), Braafheid, O'Dea, Loovens, Caddis, Boruc[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

I think TM will drop McGeady. Aiden has been struggling recently and really needs to sit out a match or two. Keane players better behind a main striker and Fortune is one of our few players showing good form. Those two can play slighlty behind the main target of Rasmussen. Our new captain will take his place in a three man midfield with NGuemo and Ki that should allow the South Korean to get further forward in attack. Space will be left on the wings for Braafheid and Caddis to exploit and NGuemo and Brown should offer some much needed cover to our CB's.

We'll see. :rolleyes:

7. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    braffheid is the real deal. just what we needed, a left back with authority and swagger. can't wait to see him in the old firm. he doesn't take shite off anybody.

rasmussen will be our leading scorer at the end of the season, i'm saying it right now. he should have had 2 goals in this game. the cb's are terrified when he's in the box, hell he's the only striker we've had who consistently gets into the 6yd box. clinical finisher. kamara was magic today as well. why mogga took him off for keano is staggering. samaras was crap per usual and boruc absolutely must go in the summer. he is a bombscare, completely out of shape and our of focus. sorry holy goalie, will always have a place in celtic legend but the time has come for zaluska between the sticks. hopefully hooiveld recovers quickly as well, loovens is having a nightmare and seems to think central defense consists of headbutting and not much else. mon the hoops. great result, finally playing the way we know they can in the 2nd half. hail hail

8. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the team just needs time to gel. people need to cut Mogga a little slack as he gets this thing right.

whether people choose to acknowledge it or not, there was alot of deadwood on Celtic, and come summer time, more of it will be gone.

the one thing i do know is Ras needs to be in the starting lineup ALL the time. the hoops are just a different, more threatening team with Rasmussen in there.

9. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in4bqR5hbXk"]YouTube- robbie keanes first celtic goal[/ame]

i've watched it over and over again. he kissed the tattoo on his right wrist which is a memorial to his father, whom he promised he'd wind up playing for celtic. special special moment

10. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    A comfortable win in the end which was made a little harder by a laughable penalty decision in the first half.

Agree with allegrabene, Braafheid looked good. Lets not have another false dawn at left back. Please let this one be for real. I think Loovens is playing on borrowed time. Thompson gave another very polished performance(other than being megged for Dunfermlines equaliser :eek:) and could be hard to shift if he continues in this form.

We still look lightweight in midfield, even with the return of Skoosh. But there are plenty of attacking options in the team and we just need to be a bit more selective in our passing at times to create better opportunities for ourselves.

Rasmussen will remain in the team for sure. TM may make some strange decisions but he isn't blind and must surely see the presence and threat he adds to the team.

All in all, a good victory in what could have been a potential banana skin game. Hearts on Wednesday and we really need to go on a long winning streak to give ourselves any chance of the title.

11. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Celtic v Hearts - Wednesday 10th February - 7:45pm KO Paradise

Everyone ready to hop onto the Celtic roller coaster again?

Hopefully we keep heading up instead of having another sharp dip in form. I want to gub Hearts tonight. I really want to see us hump them.

TM has plenty of options in the final third so I have no idea what he will go with. From certain media reports today it would seem that Fortune will come back into the fold, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

Unavailable players -

Andreas Hinkel
    Jos Hooiveld
    Darren O'Dea
    Paddy McCourt
    Shaun Maloney

Team I would choose -

[LINEUP-4-3-3]Kamara, Rasmussen, Keane, Ki, NGuemo, Brown, Braafheid, Loovens, Thompson, Caddis, Zaluska[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

Rasmussen as the main man up front with Kamara and Keane roaming around behind him. Ki in the middle to help offer support for the forward players. Brown and NGuemo can provide cover and Skoosh can also get forward to lend his weight to the attack.

The defense picks itself almost at the minute due to injury but I'd bring in Zaluska in front of Boruc. Artur's performances haven't been great lately and I really think Zaluska deserves to be given a chance at the no.1 jersey. Can't see it happening though.

McGeady and Fortune to come on in the second half.

12. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wouldn't change a thing. if i'm the manager that's the exact team i'm putting out.

what I think mogga will do is put mcgeady on the wing and have the holy goalie in goal unfortunately. in that predicament, he'll bring kamara off the bench in the second if we need goals. i hope he doesn't do this as his style of play down the sides only benefits from multiple big strikers in the middle but it's mogga so..........

13. The Tartan Hoop

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    Well that worked!

I really hope we try keep that left back and change his mind ((giving that we win the league theres a chance champions league football might tempt him)) but if not we need someone of that style of play, he was fantastic.

Mogga seemed to get it right this time, Fortune put away another fantastic run, Keane played well apart from the golden misses he managed to get in between the defenders which we needed. I'm not unsure what to do with Rassmu is fortune keeps scoring haha. Because I think keane's build up play and hunger for the ball is a driving factor.

McGeady was top notch again, probably too Allege surprise!!! :)p) but he was, played out his skin and I hope he carries that form for now up until the Old Firm games. :D

2 points dropped by the Gers, let's hope there is more of the same like that.

14. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mcgeady was the motm to my pleasant surprise and hopefully he can keep it up. i'd like to see more of rassa so that more of these opportunities in front of the net can be cashed in on. braafheid is definitely what we need and we need to do what we can to keep him. his corner delivery is second to none. kamara should be smacked the next time he waves braafheid away from a corner. and yes, i really hope wee aiden keeps up the current run of form

15. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    More than happy with the result but I'll be feeling better once we have some of our defenders back. As the first half came to a close the only player in the back four who hadn't looked shaky was Braafheid. I don't want to get carried away with our new LB as we've seen good early signs before only to be left disappointed but he does look very accomplished.

Loovens still looks shaky as hell in a defensive sense and even Caddis and Thompson had the odd worrying moment.

But lets focus on the positives. :)

Artur didn't have a save to make all night and we created plenty of opportunities and should have scored at least another two or three. Keane's movement was excellent. Mcgeady was inspired at times and Fortune also had another excellent game. Kamara struggled a bit with his final pass but he always showed for the ball. I like players that don't hide on a football pitch.

NGuemo was outstanding again and Brown did the simple things well. Aberdeen away on Saturday lunchtime. We need to win and get the gap down to 5pts as Rangers dont play until Sunday.

16. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Aberdeen v Celtic - Saturday 13th February - 12:30pm KO

Hooiveld, Hinkel, O'Dea and Maloney still sidelined. Loovens may join them with a hamstring problem that forced him to go off on Wednesday evening. Big Glenda has struggled lately but if he's missing as well then we're really down to the bare bones at the back. It'll be either Thompson/Loovens, Thompson/Rogne or Thompson/Zhi at the back. I'd prefer the first pairing. If Loovens is out then it's almost a toss up between the other two pairings. The two youngsters may be too inexperienced to start together but could be afforded protection of some sort from NGuemo and Brown. Zhi has more experience but isn't as good in the air and we know from recent visits here that Aberdeen like to take the aerial root into the box against us.

Best case scenario is Loovens is fit and then we'd likely start with the same team that started against Hearts.

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Keane, Fortune, Kamara, NGuemo, Brown, McGeady, Braafheid, Loovens, Thompson, Caddis, Boruc[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

17. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Confirmed team for today -

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Keane, Fortune, Kamara, NGuemo, Brown, McGeady, Braafheid, O'Dea, Thompson, Caddis, Boruc[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

Glenda didn't make it but O'Dea is fit enough to play in his place.

18. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Where do we go if we sack TM? His position is becoming more and more untenable with each week that passes. I cant understand why you don't try and shore up a match you're winning 4-2 with 20mins to go. Instead, in his infinite wisdom, he removes our one good tackling midfielder and adds another attacking mid and removes the power and work rate of Fortune and replaces him with the lady boy antics of Samaras...

Senseless. Absolutely senseless. The chance was clearly there to put a lot of pressure on Rangers before tomorrows match and we blow it again. This team would need to go on a 6 or 7 game winning streak to mount any sort of serious challenge now and as much as I would love for that to happen, I can't see how it's possible.

I think I might be more gutted with this result than the loss against Kilmarnock.

The majority of the defence had a stinker. Not hard to imagine considering we conceded four goals, although I thought Artur had a better match today.

In an attacking sense we played some excellent football and when you score four goals in any game you should be looking at a victory but not with our back line.

Is it really true that both Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus were defenders when they played the game or is someone just shitting with me... :rolleyes:

19. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if this were chelsea, he'd be sacked by now. if you'd like i can explain that

there's nothing else to do but sack him. bring in someone to evaluate the team and do a proper rebuilding in the summer because this team will be completely different next season. from the keeper on up. i'd say maybe 4 players will be left next season total from what we took up to the granite city with us. no sense in waiting to the end of the season. mogga isn't winning us anything. we'll be lucky to finish 2nd at this point m8. i'm sorry, i'm done giving mogga chances. this is it. it's about more than results, it's also about how they come about. his substitution of n'guemo had the wee ginger covering his face in agony. it's not improving and it's not gonna. sorry anton, i like you as a man but you haven't got it. slan

and we should be thanking artur for salvaging the point because with how bad that defense was in the last ten minutes, it should have been 6-4.

20. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I still live in hope, but nothing else. Logically, we don't look like going on the run that is required but I'll still hang on to hope while there is any sort of chance.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I admire you. ;) My hope has been gone for a long time ... so I have absolutely no expectations for this season (except for reaching spot 2).

Btw: How stupid can you be to repeatedly throw away a lead during the last minutes?

He got the players he obviously wanted, so let's give him the time to form "his team" for next season (even though I'm no TM fan). Unfortunately, some of these players were signed just on loan ... so we'll have to buy replacements if they should leave us at the end of the season.

22. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mcgeady didn't show up. great work wee man, another disappointment

tm subbing samaras instead of rassa again? samaras is a donkey. his work rate is horrid, he has no spine. another tactical error by TM

MOTM for Rangers? Dougie McDonald. are we paranoid? maybe but it doesn't mean we're wrong. horrible, shameful decision and shameful acting from lafferty. the guy is a disgrace to scotland and a disgrace to the game. how does bougherra get a yellow card and 6 fouls and not get sent off? how does miller slide into keane with studs up and only get a yellow. how does boyd handle the ball and not get a yellow and fortune does? keane getting called for offside again with two defenders behind him? hinkel called for a foul on a 50/50 ball where contact was only with the ball? horrendous referee

with ten men left i'd have been satisfied with 0.0. MOTM has to be Boruc. Today he showed why we must keep him. With Zaluska in goal it'd have been 3.0 easy.

kamara is a bombscare and should not be playing down the side and the midfield was terrible. no service for robbie at all and when samaras came on he didn't look thrilled.

Mowbray must go at this point. He brought in good players and doesn't know how to use them. The SFA needs to take a good look at itself as well as this was an absolute disgrace to the game. Simple as

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No way. There's no other choice but finish the season with him. Then we'll see what happens...

Didn't see this Old Firm, so I can't comment the match.

Here's lots of post-game articles:

CLICK

24. barack_obampot

barack_obampot BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 28, 2009
    Yes you are.

Pathetic.

25. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after that display of blatant cheating from your lot and you have the stones to come on the celtic thread and talk shite? who's pathetic mate? same old rangers, always cheating