Celta de Vigo vs. Real Madrid; Copa Del Rey; 12/12/12, 2200 GMT

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Dec 12, 2012.

1. elbuitre01

elbuitre01 New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What means "new motivation"? New coach? Ok, who?

So Kaka and Higuain are the players you put all your hope in? Good luck with that.

Yes, Arbeloa is decent. But "decent" doesn`t cut it for the first team.

2. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The reason why I thought it would be more DM than Benz was because the latter got substituted quite early due to the injury. I don't recall much, but was he stinking it up that much around 30 mins in?

I'm not sure how Kaka got dragged into this though.

3. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Al Jazeera sports had footage right after the game showing Mourinho giving Kaka instructions right before he was getting in and they were saying "oh look look how his (Kaka) eyes were wondering, and he doesn't seem interested, etc etc"

I didn't read much into it at the time but then again I haven't seen/heard of the footage you speak of.

4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, none of this makes much sense. It's all devolving now.

5. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    A lot of it is open to interpretation until Mourinho names names ... which he won't. Again, the story I am citing is not in Marca or AS or El Pais. It is a very pro-Mourinho source that is very vocal agains the media attacks. Their point of view: Di Maria is stuck in a funk... Benzema's injury may have been questioned (i.e. he could have played through it like Varane did with his)... Kaka is based on that video (he doesn't refuse to enter, it just looked like he wasn't very interested -- I suppose he expected to start).

Again -- all open to interpretation.

6. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, not a new coach. Measures, punishments. The arrogant, lazy players should be punished by the club itself.

Yes. Thanks. Benzema has better technique skills, but Higuain is a real striker, he scores at the most chances he gets.

Who do you want replace Arbeloa for? Nacho is horrible as back, look for instance to Madrid vs Ajax

7. elbuitre01

elbuitre01 New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arbeloa would be great as backup, but Real needs a world class player on his position.
    Also many people were disappointed with Higuain.
    I think he is good but also more of a backup.

8. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Sorry, but I think our players are pretty damn good sin Marcelo. It's the same squad that challenged for the CL last year and set records. All that it is, is their shit mindset.

9. elbuitre01

elbuitre01 New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, some have attitude issues.

Others like Arbeloa and Alonso have other issues.

10. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't follow RM Castilla, but do you?
    If you do, do you know how Jose Rodriguez plays ? They say that he is the ''new'' Xabi Alonso. He played this season against Ajax in the UCL and did it well, so perhaps he can replace Xabi 2 or 3 years later. Same is for Pepe and Varane.

Xabi and Pepe are superb players, but 2 or 3 years later they will be too old for Real, though Pepe can still be an important player

11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    He is in the RM Castilla starting eleven today against Lugo. Match starts in a little over 5 minutes from now (DO NOT ASK ME FOR TIMEZONES!! :) ).

You might be able to find an internet stream of the match.

12. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    The "new" Xabi Alonso is a ginger called Alex, Jose Rodriguez is a promising youngster but Alex is something special as well ;)

9Qui repped this.
  13. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's stupid. Half of the players I see that are getting instructions from the coach let their eyes wander. It is possible to listen and watch the game at the same time.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I Know what he means though. It was noted by the commentator during the live feed that it seemed as if Kaka isn't even listening.

15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it matter if players like Benzema, Ozil, and DiMaria habe quit playing for Mou. If a new coach is all that it takes to get the team motivated isn't it worth considering.

Well Mourinho has put his money on Ozil and Benzema and it seems they have disapointed him.

As far as Arbeloa he is a top defender. He's not Lahm or Ramos (as a RB) but this idea that we have to have the best player in the world at every position is absurd. Heck look at what a waste Coentrao has been, it has helped now that Marcelo is injured but he was supposed to be an ubgrade and has never looked bettert than average during his time here.

16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A motivated Ozil is better than a motivated Kaka. But a motivated Kaka is better than lazy unmotivated Ozil.

Same goes for Benzema vs Higuain.

17. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well that may be the case but as much as I love Mourinho his approach to light fires under player's asses isn't cut and paste. Would anyone be surprised if Kaka didn't care?

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's one of the highest paid players, if not athletes in Spain. Also, he doesn't play for Mourinho exclusively, but for Real Madrid.

Alma Merengue repped this.
  19. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    This can not be repeated enough. I agree 100%.

There is a new organization of Socios that put out a press release after today's comments by Florentino that basically said: "we agree with calling for unity amongst madridistas, but first Florentino has call for unity in our locker room." It was in no way a shot at him or Mourinho - this group of Socios is very much pro-Mourinho and anti-media - it was more a plea to address whatever it is that is eating away at the group.

20. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    And all God's people said?!? A-fcukin-men...:thumbsup:

I'm sure there are bridges to crossed, chapters to be written, etc. as to our future after this season but until then every person associated with this first team, players and coaches, need to focus on doing their respective jobs with 110% commitment and we'll be fine.

There will be plenty of time for finger pointing, back-stabbing, and whatever else this summer :D

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The easiest way to unity is for the President to say enough of this shit to the players. Enough is enough. You have a manager (boss) he has a certain expectation and it is expected to be met till stated otherwise.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sergio, enough already. If you want an extra Özil shirt, go out and buy one, enough of the free shit.

I'm very tempted to close this thread.

YOUNGSTARS87 and natenate101 repped this.
  23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should start with the other teams thread which is well over a thousand pages however it could be sometime before Messi gives some decent material he's not Mourinho so someone will have to be creative.