Celta de Vigo vs. Real Madrid; Copa Del Rey; 12/12/12, 2200 GMT

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Dec 12, 2012.

1. realM11

realM11 Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo is the best left back in the world he offers so much attacking ability to break down tight defensive sides.

2. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If all our current problems our resolved by the welcome return of Marcelo then we've got bigger problems than we think. Namely Mourinho's salary....

Minduchio and Zidane05 repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think in certain games and at certain times, yes, this team has looked like it desperately missed the element of attack that Marcelo adds. He is a fantastic player and any team in the world would miss a player of his quality. But make no mistake, the problems we're currently having go far beyond the fact that we're missing a player or two. It's an attitude problem, it's how we're approaching certain games. There's no fight in this team; last year, we'd go down a goal or two, and I'd be sitting comfortably on my couch thinking we'll easy get that goal or two back. Now, not so much.

9Qui repped this.
  4. realM11

realM11 Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am sure Mourinho will sort this problem out but end of the day it's up to the players to show it on the pitch.

5. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

All I'm saying is that if all it takes to resolve our problems is Marcelo then why are we paying Mourinho so much a year? Everyone knows how integral Marcelo is in our side and how he seems to be a great character in the squad, but our problems lie much deeper than his absence.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Ah! I didn't know yesterday accounted for this entire season? Coming from the poster who couldn't wait to chop Cristiano's head off for the sticker over the badge (instead of waiting for real confirmation like I stated) this is amusing.

I was obviously speaking about the entire season and not just this one stand alone event. I was obviously sarcastically hinting that they've done so all season so they'll most likely follow their trend. I also obviously wondered aloud how they would spin both of their contribution into being negative; hence it hasn't been done yet.

Nice spin on your part though.

Thank all those who make it their duty to nick pick the living shit out of him. They should not complain and take responsibility because after all they are the origin of all of this.

We had problems way before Marcelo got hurt. At times he was accused of being the problem (form), check the match threads.

Also if we're going to question what the manager is making, high time we question what those players are making. Seems it doesn't matter who manages this team the same shit continues to happen.

7. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Yeah, maybe we should look to Barcelona for inspiration on finding motivation.
    The team needs so much freshening up it'll be easier to change the coach. Besides it's his job to keep them motivated and interested. And this wasn't just a one off. It's been like this the entire season.
    We all know your latest drum to beat is the I-hate-the-media one, but I don't get it. Of course people will focus on the manager now. Mourinho sells newspapers. For good and for bad. He's quite the character and many people have an opinion on him and will want to read about him. When things are going well, the stories are positive. Right now not so much. That's the nature of it and I don't really think it's surprising.

Minduchio repped this.
  8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    And so it begins.

YS87, You Win Again.

And so it ends.

Minduchio and 9Qui repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Do yourself and favor and put me (hell everyone you disagree with) on ignore. That way you don't have to deal with anyone who dares disagree with you (have to agree! he's a socio and all you know!) and dares to respond to you with tone/flare you give to them.

10. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I think at the end of the day whatever Mourinho is selling the majority of these players aren't buying anymore, for whatever reason. If one or two players were underperforming I could understand the idea of the coach being the scapegoat being over-the-top but we consistently have a large portion of this team playing way below their abilities. There is an issue with the collective. However this being said this is not an excuse, even if they are "right", for these players to continually phone it in like this, at some point for them at the very least pride and recognizing the responsibility of representing this Club with 110% effort has to kick in.

So while I think there will be major changes this summer for now this coach and these players need to all swallow their pride and come to some sort of common ground so we can get this season going before it's too late.

9Qui, Ahmadi8, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Di Maria and Arbeloa need to be benched

Marcelo need to come back asap and Callejon deserves a starting place as well as Varane currently

12. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    This is precisely the 'we knew what we were getting' argument is so dumb to me. Yes, we did know he could become a divisive figure... and he absolutely has. So we can't talk about it now that is has happened?

At one point it was part of his master strategy to draw attention away from players. And of course that was a pivotal piece of why players love him so much. Now he is throwing players under the bus, throwing the cantera under the bus, throwing the club under the bus and he's back the bus over madridistas several times.

We aren't even having tactical discussions. We are talking about a lack of motivation, a lack of desire. WTF?!?! As I said yesterday, his post-match comments are really worrying. But hey, maybe this is how he breaks them down and builds them back up. What do I know.

9Qui and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I don't care if you agree or not. I just don't have the energy to get into a "you said that I said that I didn't say that you said in 2008" discussion. You are great at those. I just can't do that.

EDIT: by the way, I am Socio bitches!! And I have season tickets even though I live in the US!! And I travel to Madrid to bring my family to matches!! HALA MADRID

Minduchio and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Why? You think you're too good because you're a socio or something? Elitist bastard :rolleyes:

Don't get the game confused sucka, I gots 150 euros....

Alma Merengue repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah you're much better at taking shots at people then throwing a hissy fit when they respond to you. Evidently you only have the energy to take shots at others, but not dare receive them.

Anyways, what I'm most at awe about is:
    Weeks ago when you were bashing Cristiano for the sticker on the badge = 2008

Yeah yeah I won I'm fantastic I'm amazing blah blah

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He is struggling but he isn't one of the motivational problem players.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I blame Roncero for missing those 2 sitters yesterday. What a douche, bench him now!!

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Thank you for making my point for me.

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    No, we can't talk about it because that would make us anti-Mourinho and therefore anti-madridista. You also can't question whether he's a good fit for Madrid.
    BTW, you're not the only one feeling this alienation from the club.

Minduchio repped this.
  20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Between Roncero's nonsense and the way Casillas and Sergio Ramos were sitting on the bench, it is no wonder we are struggling!

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You guys are making mine for me. You have the same posters with the same condescending tones, sarcasm and attacks yet only some cry foul while others just realize that is the nature of the forum.

Some like me, just respond and usually don't take it personal. Others just cry.

EDIT: For those who like to talk shit but don't like when they get it back you know there is a way to avoid people hurting your feelings right?

22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Looks like Mourinho's motivational tactics no longer work.

23. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Our "current problems" aren't going to be completely resolved until this summer IMO. But from a tactical perspective, the lack of attacking impetus from our current FBs, Blondie included, is really an extra "issue" that we could do without. A return of Marcelo or even Blondie pulling his thumb out of his ass as an attacking threat would make great strides in helping mask some of our issues.

Quite frankly if I was Mou I'd put Callejon FB (either side, I don't even care at this point). Put Di Maria in front of him, at the very least it will keep the left side of our opponents honest instead of letting them simply hone in on Di Maria/Callejon/ Ronaldo and take their chances with Arbeloa beating them.

24. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    The encouraging thing is that all the problems we started showing against Valencia on day one are improving:

• defending against set pieces? much, much better! we gave up two against Valladolid, but none against Celta (unless we decide to call our own throw-in a set piece!)
    • apparent lack of motivation/inspiration? did you not watch the last 10 minutes last night!! as Adan said, if only we played that way the entire match!
    • solid goalkeeping? no comment, just SMH... even when on the bench, Iker is screwing up!!
    • the basic concept of time and space? we continue to limit our own space in the final third and give our opponents a ton of time and space on our end! wait, that's not how it's supposed to work? oh crap

I trust madridistas will pick up on these positive signs and not dare boo anyone on Sunday against Espanyol.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because it's booing the team that will make them so much better.
    Fans that boo the team deserve to watch a losing team.