Celta de Vigo vs. Real Madrid; Copa Del Rey; 12/12/12, 2200 GMT

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Dec 12, 2012.

1. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I liked how their GK just stood with his hands raised asking for offside even before CR took the shot.

Thanks

2. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're EXTREMELY lucky to get anything out of this game. Cristiano shouldn't even have been on the pitch when he scored the goal - shoulda got sent off long ago. We have a good chance of scraping through now in the home leg. I wish I could say this is a wake up call, but it'll probably remain as one more in a long line of potential wake up calls that did nothing ultimately. Team needs to get its shit together - some of the passing today was just mindbogglingly bad. 0 freshness in ideas.

anticule repped this.
  3. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1 step forwards and 2 steps back for us at the moment.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo believed in it. Thanks Ronnie.

Totally disappointed by Iker. I remember Raul standing up watching the team when we were down, supporting them till the last minute, and Iker hangs his head like he missed the bus. Come on Iker, we can do better than that.

We totally need to invest in a replacement for Xabi. The man is dragging his feet, and his passing success ratio is getting worse and worse. I've rarely seen him ask for forgiveness as often as this season.

Di Maria is somewhere else.

Mario should have been sent off. Totally deliberate on Varane there.

5. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Just like the first half, lazy defense once the cross came through on the opposite end. Then they score.

Great golazo.

2nd Leg will be a thrashing in hope.

Yea, and tell me that people don't want Sahin back because I know he would of gave more fnbcking heart on that pitch than this fncking squad. Ronaldo should have been sent off if you think Mario should have.

6. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed totally. Do anything, at least look interested in the game, rather than holding your head in your hands. I really don't get this recent lack of emotion from Iker. What happened to the guy who used to cry tears of joy? Shit, he doesn't even get happy these days if we score big goals. I'm flummoxed by this team.

anticule repped this.
  7. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will make the match threads from now on; my semester has finished.

nicafornica, Hsain85, anticule and 2 others repped this.
  8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Mourinho post match gems (quick translation... I have to listen to the whole interview):

"Even injured, Varane was better than most"

"Morata would have been better than some who didn't want to play. He may be green, he may make mistakes, but at least he is ambitious."

"I am disappointed in some players, but I will talk to them individually."

anticule and Zidane05 repped this.
  9. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good for Mou. Speaking like a boss.

People in his office tomorrow morning, in this order should be...

Arbeloa
    Di Maria
    Alonso
    Benzema

10. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am not even arsed about Iker anymore. He has declined massively as a GK by his standards. He is not a true leader (not even talking about 'Madridismo' here) - talking about in a football perspective.

******** Ramos looked more pissed today than Iker did.

If he wants to retire in USA, ******** him off there and have done with it.

EDIT: Oh and Varane...he is going to be a superstar. We would do well to get him on a lifetime contract rather than offer the likes of Iker one.

Not see a CB so mature for his age in...years and years. Our next Puyol or Maldini for sure.

Hsain85 repped this.
  11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If only Iker had smiled when we were losing by 2 goals, we would have totally won this game.

nicafornica, Minduchio, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  12. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    No, he probably would've needed to add a fist pump or two....we were pretty dire today.

13. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Should have gone Gangnam Style when we scored.

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    [​IMG]

Zidane05 repped this.
  15. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    "Heeeeey sexy lady!!!!!! Op, op, op, op....."

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, for even greater effect, if he would have stormed off the bench crying at 2:0, it would have solidified his image of being a great captain.

17. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Is that how they do it in the Greek national team? They must be all out of tears by now.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

I don't care. Iker is a great goalkeeper, and a gentleman, but he's not a great captain in my opinion. Throw your cheap shots all you want, it's you who's mad. :)

anticule repped this.
  19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Why would I be upset for saying the same thing about the Greek team which you were saying about Iker? :D Obviously they would cry more since they lose more.

I know it's easier for me to bag on Greece than for you on Spain, but at least make sense with the snappy banter. Or else I am going to bed! :mad:

20. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I get what he's saying though. The attitude of a lot of the players in the team is rather disconcerting at the moment. I think most believed the squad that were so fantastic last season would have shown a lot more ambition given that they were perilously close to a place in the CL final. One CDR and a league title under their belts and they seem to have given it up. I don't buy putting all our eggs in the CL basket and whilst February may be a long while off we're looking a safe bet to regress back to the side that constantly exited at the last 16.

9Qui and Akramzizou repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "He said something bad about Iker, I'm going to totally make him pay and say something that will totally hurt his pride"

[​IMG]

Good night Oscar.

At least i have a second citizenship of a non-almost-bankrupt country (not sure about you though). No single f*** was given that day.

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So you're a gloryhunter in national teams as well? At least you're consistent. :)

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Not sure what Iker, Ramos or anyone could really do from the bench. They looked pretty much the same as Mourinho did during most of the match. Now THAT is what is worrying. When Mourinho is on the sideline, resigned to the fact that some players, in his own words, "didn't want to be there." Yet the discussion is about what Iker didn't do while on the bench. :confused:

I can't even get into tactical discussions tonight ... we looked like we were playing at gunpoint instead of defending the club. Color me pissed.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not gloryhunting any more than Marcos Senna did when he played for Spain.

Don't know why it is so important to you, but you seem to be upset.

25. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Is that your new thing? "Why u mad?" :D Somebody's been watching Fresh Prince reruns.

[​IMG]