CCL - Sporting KC at Cruz Azul 3/19 9pm p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Mar 17, 2014.

1. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Including the Crew preseason match, he's played 5 full games. He has a 2.2 goals against avg. He has one shutout where he recorded 0 saves (CCL Azul). He's had two games where he gave up more than 4 goals. He's made no memorable saves....SKC save of the year so far is Opara's clearance off the line against Azul. His dives are almost alway late. Against Cbus he was rounded at the top of his 18 and he was chipped. Against Azul he was rounded at the top of the 18 and bailed out by Opara. He gave up 5 against Azul where he spilled a rebound on one goal and overcommitted (again) on another.

I've said it previously, but as a keeper I was taught NEVER engage a 1 v1 attatcker at the top of your 18 unless you are going to get to the ball first. He's made that mistake twice (Crew preseason and Azul at home). As you said, he's made at least two other overcommitment mistakes. Excluding Dallas where there just sat back and watched SKC play soccer, he's made one overcommit mistake per game.

This team does not score enough to overcome keeper mistakes at a pace of one per game. It's not a reaction. It's (Hebrew) Hammer time.

Oobers and jtreg repped this.
  2. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm almost with you. I think it could be a simple matter of Kronberg just settling the ******** down, because he just doesn't look comfortable yet.

I think Vermes has shown that he's going to get to give Kronberg every opportunity to make his place, so I think we may have to suffer through this a couple more months maybe (that is, if Kronberg doesn't improve, or doesn't get worse). So, I'm really trying not to get worked up until then.

3. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    The guy can shoot, I would love to see more of it during a game. I don't know the stats but I assume he has one of the better SOG % on this team.

4. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm special. I actually counted that one. I can't math apparently.

5. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw them. Its pretty distasteful for him to use his fans to gripe for him a public forum. Whether or not you agree with PV's decision, I think you have to respect it and be a team player. Otherwise, we know what happens.

6. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course... Nobody would have looked comfortable on Wednesday

7. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt.

8. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I really hate yellow + yellow = suspension rules the world over. And you are exactly right about it favoring the teams with more depth. Maybe that's the point, but for so few yellows, you get cases like Sinovic missing a game because of two very soft yellows, or Matt Besler getting trolled by Joel Cambell in a WCQ - cases where there is no justification to a player being suspended other than "it's the rule".