CCL Group D [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by Nerroth, Sep 4, 2008.

1. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats always a good thing.

2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Santos 3-0 Islanders at FT.

3. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought they lost that second leg, but won on agg?

4. L.D.11

L.D.11 Member

Sep 23, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    if your talking about chivas...they won 4-3 in the second leg. against paranaense.

5. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Municipal 1-0 Tauro, 15 minutes into the first half.

6. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    haha thought u were all bad huh? the boricuas got their asses raped by santos reserves, sorry try again next time hey maybe it will rain? :D

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Municipal 1-1 Tauro, 12 minutes into the second half.

8. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Now, Municipal 1-2 Tauro

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Err Islanders players all their bench players + reserves. Not only that we got a bullshit red and despite that we had a few good chances on goal so I don't know what you're talking about.

Ass raped? Phuleeze.

10. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Game over. Municipal ties it up one minute into extra time.

Final score, Municipal 2-2 Tauro.

11. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont know about bullshit red, the guy almost scored a goal with the players head. Im glad the player is fine.

12. lineofire

lineofire New Member

May 1, 2008
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    What is with Municipal and all of these late goals?! They got beat by Santos in the 90th minute. They got beat by Tauro in the 96th minute. They salvaged a tie vs the Islanders in the 91st minute, and now today they pull another tie out of their ass in the 91st minute again. :eek:

13. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    I'm happy, but mad, Tauro should have won that game, and eliminated Municipal and gotten the 3 points.. but like always, a panamanian team conceding a goal in the last 5 minutes, like we say " los 5 minutos de la awebason" and islanders losing their 1st road game in a long while, nice streak..

I hope Tauro's management stop their BS, and let Brunet Hay play the next game... they gave him an ultimatum, or you renew your contract right now or you're not playing any more concachampions. (the current contract expires within 6 months, )

14. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I feel it was a calculated gamble, either play the starters and risk loosing soem on injuries and having them all tired out or play the bench and reserve and save the starters for the final and hope the reserves can hold. Dint work very well but im not very concerned because to me it was the right choice regardless of the outcome. Out first league title comes first!

15. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why would the Islanders prioritize the USL over the CCL?

It's not like there's a Promotion & Relegation system in the MLS.

The CCL gives them more exposure and the chance to play against better competition.

Seriously, I would have never known the team existed if it wasn't for the CCL.

16. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the only time it will happen. They're playing for the USL-1 Championship this weekend. So, duh, need the ring!

As far as I know, this is the only CCL game they've placed this little importance on, and considering the championship will be done this is the last time this year too.

(Am I right Dr Know?)

17. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Other then gaining promotion, a second division title is almost completely worthless.

My main point is that having a second division without having the opportunity to get promoted is not much to aspire for.

Prioritizing the CCL over the USL is just the way to go for USL teams.

18. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they had put similar priorities on previous, or all, the group stage games you would have a point. If you're going to fault them for their priorities in one game during the group stage, you're just fishing for a reason to fault them.

19. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    To you it may be worthless but to us the teams fans and the teams administration it has alot of value and we dont mind blowing off one game so that we can have a strong showing in our league final. After sunday its CCL all the way and then CFU and hopefully CCL knockout round again next year.

20. El Daly

El Daly Member

May 28, 2006
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Hermano a nosotros no nos interesa ser parte de la MLS, una liga que solo ha hecho el ridiculo en la concacaf. En donde los dueños no tienen el control de las contrataciones y donde hay que gastar demaciados millones. Mientras que la USL es mas competitiva y mas representativa (varios paises). Si el US Open se condujera como la Copa del Rey, es decir un todos contra todos, jamas ganaban los equipos de la MLS. Para mi en algun momento la USL tendra equipos en Bahamas o otros paises.

21. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Como q "todos contra todos"? De lo q yo tengo entendido, solo 3 divisiones y el campeon de la cuarta division son invitados al torneo. Entonces no es "todos contra todos" como pretendes. Dices q jamas ganaban los equipos de MLS? Jajaja, estas pero recagado. Si no es hasto los semifinales q los equipos de MLS bastan de usar sus reservas y academias.
    USL ya tiene un equipo en Bermuda, no? Yo no pretendo saber todos los detallas de USL, pero tu, no mas por mamon aparantemente, hablas sin saber q es el rollo con la division primera Estadounidense.

22. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So if I try and post in French only in the group C thread, are those of you who aren't francophones not allowed to get upset at missing out on what's going on?

Not that my French is quite good enough to do that, sadly - but even if it was, I'd make the point of posting bilingually, if I wanted to use la belle langue (the beautiful language, as a case in point) here on BS...

23. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wah. Wah. Wah. You do realize the vast majority of the CONCACAF region is primarily Spanish speaking, right?
    As for the French, plenty of folks post in French and German on these forums. I don't bitch a whiny little girl about it.

24. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Use English please

25. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006