Cauldron location at CAB

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by KCRovert, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Masfaygo

Masfaygo Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Kansas City
    oh ok that would suck

2. BloodEagle

BloodEagle Member

May 19, 2007
    Kansas city
    yeah not a big fan of that section, especially if it only fits 250

3. toritoritorrence

toritoritorrence New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    the LX
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seconded. if the cauldron wants to make a big impact we have to have room to grow.

4. RobbHeineman

RobbHeineman New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Fair enough...glad you're all thinking about a bigger cauldron.

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea of extra bleachers behind the berm as an option. For safety, I thought for a moment that we might be able to drive those hand rail thingies that you see in terraces directly into the ground, but I don't know if they would hold, or if the grade would make it unworkable. Any engineers around who might have an idea how deep you would have to drive them in to make it work for a couple years? When we move out all we'd have to do pull them out and repair the turf. Or are the T-Bones saying absolutely no alterations to the berm at all?

6. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is not a home that is a pen. Put the away fans there when they come in for a game. No wait Some Drunk Fire fan will try to climb the big fence.

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so then it is a win-win.

8. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That depends on whether he falls or not. :D

9. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    of course he falls. his reputation precedes him.

10. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I wish wash back on forth on the subject. The price is right. It will spur growth into the cauldron. It will help build the cauldron for when we move into our permanment home.

The safety concerns still worries me. As much jumping and and off balanced hugging after goals I just see people falling down and rolling into other peoples knees infront of them and taking them out. It will probably stop there and won't be a chain reaction down the hill.

For the good of the section in the long run, to build numbers, the price is the most important thing. I do believe though that the option of putting some bleachers at the top is the best compromise for those, especially ones with kids who would be the most vunerable in a tumble, would put minds at ease and still not be left out of the section.

My official vote: Berm with bleachers aka: if your worried about it move to the top.

11. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the top of the kop? anyone? anyone? not quite?

12. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a way it could become the US's first Kop. Singing Beatles songs might just put us over the top.

13. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Price isn't the most important thing IMO. It's #2 behind availability. If you can't even get into the section because it is full, then you've got an issue. Now obviously with CAB we might hit a certain capacity issue anyway, but I think the top priority should be to make our section able to take on more new people if/when they show up. If they want to come into the section and they can't because we're "full" we may lose them forever. Basically my opinion on this matches my opinion on paid memberships: don't do anything that will make people shy away from joining our group.

14. rhymeorreason

rhymeorreason Member

Nov 16, 2004
    OPKS
    I'm a vocal fan that doesn't sit in the Cauldron, and there's something that I think needs to be considered with input from Robb, Dave, and Sam:

1) Will there be a similar price point to the $150 berm seating in our "Field of Dreams" in three years?
    2) If there won't be a similar price point, does it make sense to formally make seating with that price point the official Cauldron at CAB?

My fear is that if the Cauldron grows at a $150 price point, and that's a one-time only price point for CAB, what happens to the new members when Cauldron season tickets at the Field of Dreams are in a higher price point - i.e. $250-280?

15. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I think it is a safe assumption that all tickets across the board will raise in price we a permanment stadium is built. Then at some point down the road we can expect ticket prices to be raised again and so on and so on... It is just a fact of life in the sports world.

16. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a good point, and a completely valid one as well. As I understand it, this will be an issue when we move into our new digs in 2010. The price in the Cauldron, while of course not set yet, will most likely be in the $250-300 range. So we do run the risk of building the section, only to have it drop-off when the prices double in the move.

However, I think the hope is that the people who become new members of the Cauldron will grow financially during these two years, so the cost at the new permanent location will hopefully not be that huge of a hit to them. Kind of the drug pusher analogy. Give them the "stuff" cheap, get them hooked, then raise the price :D

17. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    If you guys pick the grass berm for the Cauldron, you will have 5 new faces alone... My friends are excited about the $150 tickets. Also, some games will get sold out, and people will have to be in that section no matter what... That is great news for the cauldron because people will have to stand... even if they are not singing and chanting... It will look great on TV!!! If you pick the bleechers... you will not have as many people force to sit in the section, and that will just hurt you guys right there...

I think it would be great to have those bleechers for the people with the bad knees and ankles. Then if they stand and cheer with people in the front standing and cheering... People in the middle will have the atmostphere and hopefully will come back agian. Let the people with kids sit in the expensive seats. You guys are the proundest wizards fans, and to be put up in a cornor is sad... you need to be by the field showing the support, and my friends and I will join you guys...

18. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey look everybody, it's Peter's 4th post in 2 years.

Good one buddy!;)
    (don't be such a lurker)

Now about that quad...

19. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    Well I try to put in where I can :)

20. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    people will not be standing there if we are not there (i will not be there either way) they will use it like the t-bones do, put blankets down and sit down...

i think thats one reason why some want us there so as to maximize the space, people standing you can fit more in which is more money...or maybe i just need to stop watching oliver stone movies

21. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! I'll do the conspiracy theories around here, mister...

22. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll never begrudge anyone for suspecting a profit motive, but that is not the case here. It's just a matter of finding the right fit.

23. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's a case of pure finances (in which someone just can't afford the price increase) then perhaps they'll opt for half-season instead.. but it seems that when we have the new stadium that having a price jump will at least correspond with better value for your ticket. New ammendities, seats to stand on and the like - all that (and other things I don't feel like thinking about) can warrant the raise in prices. The price point for the 'seats' on the berm ought not reflect the value that the ticketholder would've gotten if we were in the new stadium.

I understand what you're saying... I just don't think that it's possible to really prevent a drop-off in size due to finances and the price point. I think, however, that those that are there 'just because it's so cheap' are simply 'lost causes' to begin with. We'll have them while they feel that it's a good enough deal to go, hopefully make fanatics out of some of them so that it's not just about the money, and lose those who can't eat the higher prices. Those who are there because they can afford $150 and only $150 might then purchase $150 worth of tickets regardless if that's now no longer a full season... and we'll hopefully get a few folks to join after the new stadium because they want to try out the cool new thing in the Three Trails District.

So to make a long story short (skip to here if you want the short version). I just don't think that it's something we should worry about - as long as the tickets are at a good value to the consumer, that's the best we can do.

24. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weel said, and I agree completely. I was simply pointing out that there may/will be a drop off when we move. You stated the point well.

25. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can't tell us to skip to there after we've already read everything before it. the "skip to...' message has to be before the nonsense.