Castillo, Corona and Garza: Tijuana vs Toluca 11/29 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Pl@ymaker, Nov 29, 2012.

1. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow. stone cold penalty drawn by homie. not given.

2. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Castillo just drew what should've been a penalty

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    He's quite the enigma, our El Homie.

USAMEX10 repped this.
  4. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wha?

Nevermind...my seven year old is askingn me questions, and I have no idea what happened.

5. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    yeah, he cut through, then the last touch was horrible. I don't know what ot think. It's as if his brain turns off in moments of pressure.

I said he is hid at LB because team presses way, way up the pitch. With that kind of pressure the back line is rarely tested.

6. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and two minutes later, he pops the ball up again straight to the other team. is providing a lot going forward, a real liability at back in the last 15 or so minutes...

7. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for realzzz. If he could limit the giveaways he'd be a really functional player.

8. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he has quite a few of those. He plays to fast for his brain. I'd still play him at LM or even better at LW in a 4-3-3 he could be dynamite there.

9. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the MX playoffs, tiebreaker goes to team with the best season record, yes? Same deal in the final?

10. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In shocking fashion Toluca has given up.....? They're not even trying to win the ball back

11. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About 90 seconds of stoppage left

12. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's it. great game, from the 40 or so minutes i caught. xolo CB's are rocks in the back. is the first tie breaker aggregate?

finely poised for sunday...

13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Ya know, going into the away leg of a final with a lead is about all you can realistically ask for, so, job well done, TJ Xolos.

14. evan eleven

evan eleven Member

Jun 4, 2009
    California
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    2-1 final. i love how the Xolos supporters all wave the anarchist flags...

sacpasse87 repped this.
  15. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Let's say this: Xolos took Toluca out of the match with an unbelievable pressuring game all over the pitch. Really good stuff.

16. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I'll agree with this. His reflexes are really unbelievable. I knew a guy like this in high school, he dominated in wrestling, baskteball, running. He was unbelievable. His problem was planning his next move before his muscles did.

17. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun match to watch. USA beats Mexico in Mexico for the second time this year. ;)

Take-away, courtesy of Sam and others, is Castillo to LM for the US.

Looking forward to Sunday evening (7 EST).

18. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Castillo is quick but I don't even think he's quicker than Gatt, Chandler, Johnson or Gyau tbh. Top 5 in the world for quickness/acceleration would be in Ribery, Walcott, Bale territory.

19. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game will be on Univision finally! I was afraid it would have been on Univision Deportes again.

LouisZ and bmo180 repped this.
  20. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think there's a place for Castillo on the national team barring injuries. He's nowhere near as good as Fabian Johnson and I think we have plenty of better midfield options with just as much pace and more potential.

Corona intrigues me though.

21. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the PBP guys. I took a nap 2 hours before the game started and ended up missing the whole thing. :(

22. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I only watched the first half, but Corona had several very nice moments - showed good control, passed creatively, moved well, played confidently.

dwsmith1972 repped this.
  23. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Different kinds of quickness and acceleration. Think squirrel instead of cheetah. His start/stop, change of direction, lightning moves can't be tracked. Bale and Gyau are up and down guys. Ribery would be the closest I could think of. Maybe a guy like Reus.

Castillo is a guy you want to put on the pitch and tell him the following: 1. attack the goal with an end game, that is know if you are going to pass or shoot because the indecision in the final 3rd is killing us. 2. I want you to apply pressure in your zone, but I do not want you to be the last line of defense (this goes back to LM not LB discussion.)

For Corona, my advice would be for him to 'find' the game more. Often he is the second or third man down the pecking order of players showing for the ball. He has to be brave in checking back more. Great feet under pressure. Some really nice turns and passes in the attacking 3rd. He also won the knock-on header for the goal. That is some great versatility.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.