Carlos Vela & Diego Reyes at Real Sociedad Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil Puppet

Lil Puppet Member+

Feb 11, 2007
    A Basket
    Club:
    FC Illychivets Mariupol
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    This is spectacular!

Keep the spazzing going, gentlemen...

Pajaro Negro repped this.
  2. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Phantomengineer89 repped this.
  4. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    @record_mexico: "En lo personal no lo haría (rechazar una convocatoria), para mí es un orgullo y un placer defender la playera de la selección": Diego Reyes

5. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    First post (of mine) since the news broke.

I am not upset because he denied a call up, but he is a public figure whether he wants it or not, so he owes (firstly to the well being of his career) at least an explanation that will close doors to speculation instead of opening a slew of accusations from the press as well as dilettante bloggers and fans. He secondly owes an explanation to the people who have invested time in making him part of their plans (FMF) and lastly and to a lesser extent his fans (read Mexico).

Personal reasons have lasted for quite sometime now for them to go unexplained, and I am not anyone to demand an explanation, but like I said earlier it is in his best interest. He certainly does not look unhappy or depressed.

I think he is very poorly adviced, and he should have the decency (los pantalones) to just say what it is, before then I can't really judge him for making a good or bad choice, but I can be upset (at him) for not understanding why.

/p

El Yucateco, El Mariachi, Blu. and 2 others repped this.
  6. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The thing is, I think Vela would be wasted playing out wide in Chepo's system and Vela probably realizes this. Chepo does not utilize wide players the same way Real Sociedad does. If Carlos played a wide position for us, he'd get Marco Fabianed during the Olympics and I don't think he wants any part of that. Where else do you play him? Behind/alongside Chicharito? That would mean playing him instead of guys like Gio, Marco, and Oribe. Can't see that happening.

7. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You honestly think they have no say over player selection?

9. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

When you say that.... who is "They"?

I don't understand how you can tell what most people in Mexico think just cause you're over there. And if you're gonna say that's what you hear in the news, then it brings us back to my first point... the press is gonna make a meal out of it (they already are) and in turn those of us who go on the internetz will talk about it.... but at the end of the day we would much rather have Vela play when he's well and ready than not have him play.

10. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    We should rename this thread.

Las viudas de Vela.

Vela is playing us like a cheap whore.

11. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nah.

He doesn't owe anyone shit. It's his life and his talent, he can do with it what he pleases. I'm sure he can give his explanation to the FMF in private. As for the fans who invested in him? we'll they should get a life if they feel denied of their investment.

Like Diego Reyes said its an honor, to play for the NT. I'm sure if any of us had Vela's skills we'd love to play every single game with the NT. Pero cada persona toma sus decisones. Time to move one.

If he ever returns? What are we gonna hold a grudge? be glad? At the end we ain't in charge. If whoever is coach considers or doesn't consider Vela as needed to obtain results that's that. Pero a huevo no lo pueden traer.

12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    And yet you are talking about the press as if is the press handling the campaign when they are mostly less intense than what people talk about him. It's not just the news or people commenting but people on the street. Overall people didn't take it well that Vela missed the olympics as opposed to the press who were more understandable of the role that the olympics has on football. The press may not forgive him the snub to the senior NT but the people didn't forgive him the olympic snub especially now. But Vela is too dumb to realize that.

13. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    whats with all of this "fack vela bullshit" ?

you guys seem to forget that vela helped to change the mentality of mexican players in '05, and for that alone, you should clean your mouths before you mention charlie candles name again. :mad:

nothing against reyes but, lets see what he thinks when he gets called-up while at porto for those famous partidos moleros we always have to play.

do you people not remember how many times vela either got injured or didn't get a good pre-season in with arsenal thanks to those same partidos moleros?

14. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Look I don't know much about you Rafa... I don't know if maybe you work for a sports newspaper or your some sort of sports journalist like Martin... but when you say stuff like "The people on the street" or "They" I'm hoping to see some evidence of this widespread anger towards Vela. I'm not even saying your wrong, I bet there's a bunch of people that are angry. I just can't believe there's this great majority of Mexicans who think that way.... if this forum is any indication of anything I think people are pretty split and for the most part aren't are as outraged as you say they'll be back home.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  15. rokwing

rokwing Red Card

Dec 22, 2012
    Oh well, guess Mexico has to settle for 30 attempts for 2 goals ala El Salvador. I don't know about you guys, but my faith in Mexico in the world cup has greatly diminished

16. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The relationship of Vela and Chepo.

[​IMG]

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
    When I met you
    I picked you out, I shook you up
    And turned you around
    Turned you into someone new
    Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet
    Success has been so easy for you
    But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now
    And I can put you back down, too

Don't, don't you want me?
    You know I can't believe it
    when I hear that you won't see me
    You know I don't believe you
    when you say that you don't need me

It's much too late to find
    You think you've changed your mind
    You'd better change it back
    Or we will both be sorry

[​IMG]

I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
    That much is true
    But even then I knew I'd find a much better place
    Either with or without you
    The five years we have had have been such good times
    I still love you
    But now I think it's time I lived my life on my own
    I guess it's just what I must do

You know I can't believe it when I hear that you won't see me
    You know I don't believe you
    When you say that you don't need me

It's much too late to find
    You think you've changed your mind
    You'd better change it back
    Or we will both be sorry

Don't you want me, baby?
    Don't you want me?
    Oh!

17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Twitter comments, internet comments, people on the street you mention it. You say people are split in the board but they didn't look split in Mexico. I have numerous time mentioned how the olympics are a bigger deal in Mexico, especially football, than in other places. People in Mexico also have a tendency to dislike people who get too big a head and this is definitely the way people are looking at it so far. I just think that unlike the Nery case, there is bigger animosity from the people than the press. And I thought that since before he denied the call up.

18. Pajaro Negro

Pajaro Negro Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    ColoRADo
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You don't speak unless spoken to, noob.

19. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Fair enough... I guess time will tell.

Now to another point.... Vela sounded really nervous in that press conference John posted.... I don't think he took this decision of not coming lightly. I really do hope there's a good reason for him not accepting the call-up.

El Mariachi, El Yucateco and Kaney repped this.
  20. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dudes not gay, looks at all the pussy he pulls.

He's just a bitch.

21. rokwing

rokwing Red Card

Dec 22, 2012
    Calling someone a noob is so 2005.

It's called FOOTBALL and Sanchito repped this.
  22. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reyes is starting copa MX games, with a move to Porto just around the corner. Kids a trooper, you wont hear a peep out of him.

El Jalisciense repped this.
  23. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    He's nervous probably because it's so stupid. The way he handles it is all wrong. If he had a good reason, he would state it now and not be vague and come it way late like last time. But he's handling all wrong which is why I think he's an idiot both in the decision making process and how he handles things.

24. Puma76

Puma76 Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Oakland Ca.
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agreed Vela is an idiot.
    I am resisting the urge to say Fck Vela, he is one of my favorites to watch.
    On another note, they just beat Barcelona! He seems fully committed to RS no matter what at this moment.

El Mariachi repped this.
  25. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not sure if you read my post, not sure where anyone said "the fans that invested" outside of you of course. But the fact remains, he is a public figure and it is in his best interest to close doors to speculation, hence why I said he owes it to the well being of his career first (which you may have missed in the haste of using big macho phrases like "He doesn't owe anyone shit" I'm a little surprised you didn't finish that with "never!".)

Anyway, I am not speculating whether he should return or not, or if he deserves it or not. I am just being honest about being upset for having no explanation, and a lot of posters here sound like heartbroken teenage girls when they say stuff like "I don't care, we don't need him!" - "I'm glad you broke up with me I was about to dump you!"... I am not upset at him for his decision because I don't know his reasons, but I am upset for having no explanation whether I deserve it or not. And I would lie if I said I was not dissapointed, I really wanted to see this guy play with the current talent pool, and most here are, some deal with it by pretending they don't care. Outside of one or 2 trolls, everyone posting and reading here wanted to see this guy play, and at a minimum they are bummed for missing that chance.

/p

El Mariachi and sleepyvato50 repped this.