Carlos Vela & Diego Reyes at Real Sociedad Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How do you positively affect the psyche of a team without ruffling feathers?

2. jcwkings

jcwkings Member+

Feb 26, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    It's not about what coach you are playing under, NT call ups are about playing for your country and playing in World Cups, things that any Mexican footballer dreams of, this guy is definetly one of if not our most talented overall player right now, but i don't want guys with no heart or desire to play for their country to get called up. Really the only way this changes is if Vela actually had a legit excuse, and he promised to be available for the March games, but thats beyond wishful thinking at this point.

El Jalisciense and Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  3. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    While reading about the suspension, I think the only reason why both of these guys were suspended is when they brought in girls/prostitutes into their rooms. That's a (major) violation, I think.

I mean, Marquez, Cheech, Gio, Barrera, Ochoa, Maza, Salcido etc etc got fined too but not suspended.

Interesting thread to look over about this issue:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/el-tri-gone-wild-rumor.1542460/

4. jcwkings

jcwkings Member+

Feb 26, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    This would be Vela's schedule

2/3 vs Mallorca

2/6 vs Jamaica

2/10 vs Zaragoza

two must win games for his team(if they want any chance of making a Europe spot run) with a flight to Mexico City and back in between. thats about as much "support" as im willing to offer Vela. I'm sure that was what he told Chepo, it would be a harsh schedule(and we are just playing Jamaica..), he would basically have to fly to Mexico on Monday after the Mallorca match and have maybe 1 training day with the NT, play or ride the pine vs Jamaica, fly back to Spain on Thursday on tired legs and play again on Sunday. I mean that is a tough schedule when you take jet lag and such into account, my respects to the other guys who are making the trip (Chich, Guardis, Gio, Moreno). Hopefully Chepo accepts the situation and Vela can still get called up for the March games. However if he just refused the call up because he hates Chepo, then fack Vela

Puma76, Mr.Black and El Mariachi repped this.
  5. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Que chingue su reputa madre. I am officially not following this guy anymore. He forgets this isn't about who coaches or who he plays with in the national team. It's about representing the more than 120 million Mexicans around the world. Fack him.

6. icii

icii Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fack Vela he is dead to me ..CLOSED THREAD

El Jalisciense, yaboy and SoyOllin repped this.
  7. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nestor was wrong to make that shit public and he paid for it by losing his job. You don't air dirty laundry in public. Remind me again who spilled the beans in 2011.

El Mariachi repped this.
  8. jrinsd19

jrinsd19 Member+

Sep 1, 2005
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Vela refuses to help us qualify, then he doesn't deserve to be in the world cup.

9. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Vela anger with the NT did started back then in late 2010, but that had nothing to do with Efrain's fall. Efra played the 2011 Gold Cup and did rather well, Efra fall came when he realized that he is not that good and it hit him like a ton of bricks.
    But back to Vela it was the 2010 suspension, then prior to the Gold Cup chepo called him for a couple friendlies one vs Paraguay and another vs Venezuela(I think) and facking chepo made him come all the way from Europe and I think only gave him like 10 mins. Probably(as in an assumption of mine) Vela exploded against Chepo back then and what did chepo do he just left him out of the Gold Cup as punishment............. after this they started that cat and mouse game we had until now.

Now Chepo is playing a different game, he is exposing Vela as the bad guy. He reserves him and then Vela just refuses to come. The plot twist here is that when ever Vela is interviewed he always claims to want to play for the NT. Dude clearly's got a huge ego so Im guessing like I've had said before he either doesn't want to play for Chepo or a new option here is that he actually is expecting Chepo to contact him personally and almost apologize. But we all know Chepo is a super douche and thinks he is in the right here(which he might be) so he is never going to call Vela and apologize for something he should not.

IMO what should happen here is Chepo needs to call the dude and do this privately see if he wants to play or not and stop doing this thru the facking press as they are basically doing right now. If in private he says no then stop calling him and have him reject the call to the NT it makes Chepo looks silly at least from my point of view.

10. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^^^What's to imply Chepo hasn't already called him and done exactly that?

Frankly, I find it difficult to get angered about this soap opera any longer. I'm just sad.

Kaney repped this.
  11. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Pues ni como......

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he declined the cross atlantic trip to Miami last year in order to be fit and ready for the Basque Derby and I understood (and disagreed) why he wouldn't accept the Olympic invitation.

This is different. This is an official game, a HEX game.

Maybe he worked out a deal with the FMF like John suggested and may join the squad in March for the US game but there is really no way of justifying this move.

I think Bob Dylan had a song about a man digging his own grave.....

12. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only one who closes him in raw talent is Gio, and he's always injured or something. Skill and regularity wise, Vela is our best man.

13. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I didn't excuse shit.

I said it was understandable why he would skip the Colombia game and the Olympics and highlighted the fact that if and when he turned down and official qualifying game then the story would be completely different.

And now here we are

Vienes a cobrar factura cuando en realidad nunca entendiste lo que dije

tipico

Kaney, chiva_guero, ninjew and 1 other person repped this.
  14. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    The reason I think there is no communication between both camps is because they call him and then he rejects them, if there were some communication between them then they would not call him but that would require some sort of logic and we talking about the FMF, or if they indeed are in communication and chepo knows he will reject and still calls him to "expose" him at this point we are saying that Chepo is "super mala leche".

But like you said this is just sad.

15. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think that's actually right. We've struggled to find a right winger since Barrera started getting shite, and that's a position Vela has played in exceptionally before. We do have Aquino ready if hell breaks loose, but I rather put my faith on someone with much more experience when a World Cup game comes by --especially if said someone is Mexico's best player in the world.
    I think that's a lot of extrapolation going on in your argument, to be honest. Without knowing the minutiae of whatever the conversations are, our only evidence towards either side of the argument are the official press releases and what Vela says in interviews --and, if you ask me, Vela is the one with the onus of the responsibility here. If what you say is true and Chepo is not even calling him assuming he's gonna reject them anyway that's grounds for defamation, and Vela should take the measures to call FMF for what he thinks they truly are.

The very least he could do, if FMF is saying the truth, is to talk to the fans and tell them he just doesn't want to play for Mexico any longer. There's legally or morally nothing wrong with priorising club over national team, but there's so much obfuscation in this issue that I think Vela is at least in principle required to make his side clear.

Kaney repped this.
  16. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm guessing that this guy doesn't want to put in the work in the qualifiers but wants a world cup spot. I hope Chepo permanently drops him. It's not about the player, it's about the country.

El Jalisciense repped this.
  17. Mizar

Mizar Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Forget Vela, this is really just to many slaps in the face to the national team and the mexican fans. And to all the people who say he is the most talented, and we must have him in the squad and this and that remember what we have done and accomplished WITHOUT him!!!

Hopefully he never gets called up again and may he fade into obscurity and finish his career in Chivas USA. :mad:

El Jalisciense repped this.
  18. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Why wouldn't he want to put the work in?

He did it last cycle and even picked up injuries while on NT duty.

It's likely that he's butthurt about Chepo bringing him in for friendlies during the spring of 2011 and giving him scrap minutes only to leave him off the Gold Cup roster in favor of Angel Reyna, who barely even played that tournament.

Kaney repped this.
  19. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Occam's razor.

This is probably why.

Y'all spazz out too much I swear.

20. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't see Gio, Guardado, or Moreno refusing to make the trip even though they have similar schedules, and even if it were true that doesn't change the fact that this is not a call-up for a cynical money-scamming molero match.

21. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It doesn't but its a valid reason not to come.

22. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree to disagree. At least he could have the decency to say upfront that the schedule is what's bothering him.

23. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  24. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Memo's kid will be being born around the 6th. A pretty valid argument for turning down a call. Vela is getting terrible advice and/or is holding a ridiculous grudge. It is in his best interest to play for Mexico, especially these next two years. If he is still in the midst of a pissing contest with Chepo, it is time for other players to be leaders and mediate.

Kaney, Rush1862, Sleepy Spaceman and 3 others repped this.
  25. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damian Alvarez?

VNR will now become NNR