Carlos Vela at Real Sociedad Vol. I[R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcwkings

jcwkings Member+

Feb 26, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
  2. trojanman1user

trojanman1user Member+

Dec 28, 2007
    I'd say Arsenal. No-brainer given the circumstances you pose. If this guy is given the amount of playing time Chicharito got his 1st year there's absolutely no doubt in my mind he would shine. He wouldn't do sitters, no, he'd do the same classy chips he has us accustomed to more often and dance around defenders making him one of the most exciting players in the EPL because he'd be playing for ARSENAL. Anything he'd do at Arsenal would be hyped and multiplied much like Chicharito's phenomenal rise to fame was due to the fact he was playing for MAN U, we'd see Vela be London's wonderkid. Props to Chicharito for doing what he did, and continuing to play his heart out match in and match out, pero Vela sigue siendo mi gallo. Vela at Arsenal means a path to stardom, Vela at Real Sociedad means a path to 2nd division. Vela at Arsenal means top quality teammates to set him up and make the game easier for him instead of him having to do everything on offense and play defense for most of the game because his team can't control the damn ball.

3. Award Tour

Award Tour Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Him and podolski/RVP would be great. Vela can be a tricky playmaker when he wants to. He scores entertaining goals but I think his main contribution would be in assists. He could replace or alternate with a lot of Arsenals supporting players.

4. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    So your basically mad Chico became a star and Vela didn't ? Lol I get your point but was it necessary to call Cheech a casa-gol and downplay his success

5. Aguila86

Aguila86 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Southern California
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How did u get that out of his post? He gave chicharito props for doing what he's done at man united

6. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Vela is a good player , but in front with Chamberlin, VanPersie Walcott
    he doesn't stand a chance of being a starter for Arsenal. Because he's so left footed his natural position in the formation would be where Chamberlin plays and Vela is not even close to Chamberlin who is an exceptional talent .

7. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vela was considered to be as good or better of a prospect than Chamberlain not too long ago. I agree that he would have to really bust his ass to break into the lineup.

8. Tecos U.A.G.

Tecos U.A.G. Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Umeå Södra FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He should stay at Real Sociedad, he never got a real chance at arsenal or was In a really short leash, look at how many chance Denilson,Bentder,Walcott got compared to him. Walcott is okay but has 5 good games a season, very erratic player.

9. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My feeling is that Vela goes back to Arsenal, cuz Real S. is looking too needy so they gonna hike up the price.

They should act like they don't need that shit, so they get that shit for free..

Either way, I am glad he is getting back in form, where ever tha Fack he is.. Brazil's WC is a waiting..

10. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This strategy would work if it was just between La Real and Arsenal. I think other teams have taken notice and it wouldn't shock me if Vela ends up playing for a different team in La Liga next year...

11. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    one thing to take into consideration is the level of competition. despite the myth that la liga only has two good teams, the competition shown, especially this season, says other wise. you have two teams which have pretty much run through champions league competition and a possibility of an all spanish final there, and three more teams which have qualified to the semi finals of the europa league pretty easily. they have definitely stepped it up and its clear to see on the field. he is playing better in spain, playing regularly, and playing against better competition. i'd say spain is the better place to be.

12. jinx_htx

jinx_htx Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think Vela's perfectly fine where he's at. He's playing, he's scoring, and he's happy. RS is only 3 points away from the top half of the table. I don't think Vela's even came close to reaching his full potential yet. Let him continue developing his game and building his confidence with RS in the world's best league and we'll see the big clubs come calling again.

13. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Respuesta: Re: Carlos Vela at Real Sociedad Vol. I[R]

He just scored a GOLAZO.

By the way, he's playing alone in front.

14. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Respuesta: Re: Carlos Vela at Real Sociedad Vol. I[R]

Damn!... a now he scores the second one...

15. thebileball

thebileball Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And now he's got a brace. I just wish it weren't against Moreno's team...

16. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    otro de Vela.....

golazo

17. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Re: Respuesta: Re: Carlos Vela at Real Sociedad Vol. I[R]

Another golazo!

18. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    saw that shit. ********in sweet golazo from outside the box. Vela does what cheech don't. Vela was runnin on the right wing then ran to the mid to kick that shit in.

now a 2-0 for a vela chip. nicccceeeeeee

19. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    No mames he just scored another damn

20. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Moreno f*cked up on that second goal

21. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he took the risk with the slide, and Vela's excellent chip made him pay.

22. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vela!!!!!! Let's get the hat trick

23. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    he could get one before cheech.

24. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I heart Vela

25. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    ********ing ESPN Deportes said the game was at noon. That's what I get for trusting them. Any links to the goals?