Carlos Vela at Real Sociedad Vol. I[R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlkzryn7Zk"]It's A Celebration!! - YouTube[/ame]

2. D-Fuentes85

D-Fuentes85 New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    subs damn more puro pinche party for vela and fabregas in spain

3. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Loan, loan, loan....poor guy.

4. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Uhhh call me a wet blanket but shouldnt we wait for official news from either club?

5. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  6. das001

das001 Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Tijuana, BC
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wonder how it will all turn out in the end of the season... on loan, no option to buy (from the news source posted above) if he does good Arsenal will keep him? If he's average, Arsenal will sell? Or vice-versa? Is there any other player (regardless of nationality) that's been in the same situation... loan spell after loan spell. We're all certain that Vela has quality... so what's keeping him from staying at Arsenal? At least he will get plenty of playing time... which regardless of his situation, it's always better than rotting on the bench for Arsenal. La Liga is begining to get interesting... now is Gio's turn.

7. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    subs to vela's return to spain.

8. Canon

Canon Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Submarino.

Great news.

10. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Can't be bad that he's still sought after.

11. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Very good news. Sub!

12. Q.Q.

Q.Q. Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Antarctica
    Someone is probably jumping the gun. There has been no official confirmation from any sources.

This the same mediotiempo that has Cesc to Barca as official, even though that isn't officially confirmed either.

Isn't this like the third time this happens? People need to wait for official statement before making threads like this.

13. Award Tour

Award Tour Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Problem with Vela @ Arsenal is that there's a shitload of talented wingers at Arsenal and many think he's too weak and has no head for the center.

To be a solid 11 @ Arsenal he'll either have to prove it the hard way @ Arsenal by making sure that he every limited minute is waaay above average or by doing just above average during a loan spell.

14. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vela! Here's to him playing every single game of the season, scoring 30 goals and helping Sociedad win the title.... Vela scores against Barca 5 times. ;)

Next season there is a tug of war between Vela and Real Madrid. He goes on to become one of the best strikers Spain has ever seen. He retires at the age of 38. He will have helped Mexico win it's first World Cup and surpasses Hugo in Pichichis. The nads never win a game against Mexico in his lifetime in El Tri. Vergara's head explodes in shame. :D

Seriously though. I hope Vela finally turns into the player we all know he's capable of being. Good luck to him.

15. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Subz, Hope he does great at Real Sociedad

16. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well hopefully this is true. Vela should do a lot better in Spain. It's now or never Vela.

17. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Si no la hace aqui, entonces donde y cuando? Subs.

18. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Subsistence.

Good luck, Carlos.

19. ArsenalTitan

ArsenalTitan Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Highbury, London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not going to accept this, it's not on the official Arsenal Website that he's out on loan to Real Sociedad, I highly Doubt, Arsene would put his no. 4 striker out on loan prior to the match with Newcastle tomorrow, Nasri is not playing, RVP and Gervinho are, so that leaves the reserve striker spot to Vela or Arshavin. i say wait until it appears on the teams website. If Nasri leaves this weekend, no doubt that Vela would play more for Arsenal, possibly behind RVP and Gervinho, but he will play. I say don't jump the gun until it's posted on the Real Sociedad or Arsenal official webpages.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-s-first-team-squad-numbers-announced

Vela's listed as number 11 has been announced today, no way they would give him put him on squad list and put him out on loan the same day. I'll watch the match tomorrow and see if he's in the squad or not. besides, why go to a league that's going on strike for the first two games of the season.

20. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^^ I agree...

no official statement from either club...

21. El Spooky

El Spooky Member+

Jun 15, 2011
    No Merge Krew
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  22. Mr Pancho

Mr Pancho El Mero Mero

Chivas de Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Apr 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol at people jumping the gun without official confirmation...:D Whoever said the La Liga is going on strike is correct. Only a fool would loan a player to a league where there striking. I will not subz until i see a pic of Vela in a different uniform or confirmation from Arsenal or whatever the other team will be. Now can we unlock the Original Carlos Vela at Arsenal thread???:cool:

23. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    I wonder how much Chepo excluding him from el TRI has forced Vela's hand to get these loans?

I personally am not to hyped for this loan.......with these types of teams, a lose streak comes around, coaches leave....and RIP what seemed like a good idea.

24. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hopefully not being included in the recent call ups has a lit a spark under his ass. A full year loan to a team like this will be good for Vela. Ive always said he needed a team like this, one where they will look for him to be the play maker and or rely on him a lot more forcing him with responsibilities, something he hasn't had in all his years at Arsenal. We would of saw this last year if Di Mateo wasn't sacked but of course it wasn't meant to be.