Carlos Tevez - news & rumors, part II (r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by JuveFE, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Carlos Tevez - news & rumors, part II

I would imagine right now Tesco is working on a 30 page posting the gist of which will be that SAF planned to lose to Liveropool 4-1 all along and that Vidic played his part beautifully,;)

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Berbatov was a mistake buy for ManU. For some reason they thought they would be getting a #9 and he clearly isn't. Of course they overpaid 30 million for him so they feel he needs to play.

As for the 1-4 drubbing it's a typical ManU reaction. Blame Tevez while the darling Ronaldo receives zero criticism despite sucking and going awol yet again in a big match. How ManU fans keep insisting he's the best in the world is beyond me.

3. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Oh, that is spot on and funny. Cruel, but funny! LOL

4. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Ronaldo was absolutely shit in the match, there's no cutting corners about it. He had one amazing season, so did Ruud Van Nisterooy, Ronaldihno has two amazing seasons. They are still all fantastic players, but some players just perform on more than just one level. Tevez's career is littered with success and national Team Brilliance.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Aside from your pathetic Ronaldo bashing your claims that Va Nistelrooy, the best striker of his generation, had a mere one amazing season is baffling. Regardless, where do you lot want Tevez to end up now? By all accounts it looks like Man City.

6. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

What about Liverpool?

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Gerrard already plays in an advanced position behind Torres. There is no place for him in the current side/system.

8. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007

Inter might be the best place for Tevez, they need a supporting striker, and I could see Tevez setting up Ibra well.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Ibrahimovic is a forward who likes to drop off and influence the play. It would be better for Tevez than Liverpool but not by much. Plus he wants to stay in England which leaves him with Chelsea and Man City as the two main options. The former depends on the role Lampard plays under Ancelotti (advanced or dropped off). His options are fairly limited in terms of finding a top club with a system and player selection that would suit him.

10. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007

ibra does drop back a lot but he mainly likes to play up top and charge to the goal. Tevez has the ability to switch roles every once in a while when ibra drops back, and ibra links up with players that are always running and opening up for space. Tevez does need to improve his finishing if that circumstance were to play out. The issue now is there arent many top teams in need of a supporting striker. Man city have robinho, elano, swp; what they need is a true #9. Unless ireland is to drop back into defensive mid (bad idea) there wouldnt be much need of a supporting striker.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Isn't Ibrahimovic likely leaving Inter? Which likely means that Diego Milito will be the starter for them in that position.

12. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Hay dos interesados

Chelsea, a través de Carlo Ancelotti, está interesado en Carlos Tevez. El DT lo llamó para que se incorpore a los Blues. Además, el Milan tiene en mente a Cristian Ledesma.

More...

13. Panzo

Panzo Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Re: News: Hay dos interesados

Personally I'd like to see him return to West Ham and help them break into the PL top 4, but that's unlikely to happen with their current situation. With all the money being thrown around by top clubs in spite of the global financial issue, I think this sport could benefit from more underdog success like the Maradona-Napoli days.

Regardless, I'd hate to see him stay at Man Utd. where people like Teso constantly degrade his value and contribution despite Tevez having been an integral part of a CL-PL double winning campaign and then helping them to compete on so many title fronts even when struggling with form.

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Tevez was not an integral component of the side.

15. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

Tevez has had a disappointing year despite getting almost as many chances to play as Rooney, who definitely did better. With that said, his class is unquestionable, and I think that he would still be a good addition to ManU based on class not form, although I do feel somehow that he's not as good as he could be, just doesn't seem to have Rooney's eye for the pass. He needs to keep working hard and improving.

Liverpool would be a great move though.

16. Panzo

Panzo Member

Oct 3, 2003

I like Rooney but he was in shockingly bad form at the start of the season. And when Berbatov came into the team, Tevez was actually the most in-form attacking player as Ronaldo wasn't yet fit to return. Granted, he wasn't a scoring machine but he was putting in strong performances and didn't deserve to be dropped based on merit. Still, he was benched while Rooney was given the time, faith and patience from SAF to play himself into form. And with the whole contract situation hanging over him, Tevez' form was inconsistant after that point.

And despite Teso's claim, he was an important part of the Double winning 07-08 season. During that campaign, Saha was usually injured while Tevez went on to surpass SAF's expected scoring output from him while also getting clutch goals and being part of a great attacking trio that ran rampant over defenses and created the space/opportunities for Ronaldo to score 40+ goals. And he did all this without a proper preseason and while playing exhausted for much of that campaign. Also, since the PL campaign came down to a close finish with Chelsea, it's fair to say that without Tevez' contribution then United probably would not have achieved as much success from that season.

17. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007

People seem to disregard the manager's influence on his season. During pre-season he was their most impressive player. when berbatov came along, tevez was benched and hardly featured for a while. This sort of stuff hurts some player's confidence which disrupts their form and concentration when they do play. There's no doubt in my mind, had tevez not been benched he would have continued his form and confidence from the beginning of the season and been United's best player this season along with Ronaldo.

18. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yes but we will never know and this adds fuel to Teso's argument no?:rolleyes:

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

People are reading far too much into the start of the season and making irrational assumptions based on it. In pre-season Tevez was in good form. He was dynamic and taking players on with ease but once the actual season started he quickly regressed to work rate over incisive attacking play again. This in combination with the situation the rest of our attack was in meant he was correctly rotated. We needed to get everyone up to speed as quickly as possible. It included getting Rooney in form, integrating Berbatov into the squad and, when he returned from surgery, getting Ronaldo back as well. Had Tevez been performing as we know he can then he would have been rotated less but when he is offering less than an out of form Rooney he can have no complaints. The fact remains that Rooney, even at the start of the season, offered more in terms of passing, incisive link-up play and goal threat than Tevez did. We did what we had to do to get everyone ready and I fail to see what else we were supposed to do. You cannot use that as an excuse for the failings of Tevez throughout the rest of the season. If he is incapable of handling rotation then he is simply not suited to the rigours of playing for an elite side and if he struggles to find his best form (outside of a handful of games) then he is not worth his set transfer fee and wage demands. He simply did not do enough to merit staying which is why the fans are not bothered by his departure. As I said on our board:

Cue the usual revisionism and bullshit press statements by all involved to shift the blame around. Over to you Kia.

Tevez is a very good player and one I rate highly but he has had three underwhelming seasons in succession. If he stays in England (with Man City and Chelsea being the two linked clubs) then we will see if it is third time lucky for Tevez. If not at least we know he will be getting that last big paycheck he wanted before moving back to Boca.

20. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The fact remains that the main link up man C.Ronaldo who paired with Rooney is gone. What now Man Utd, what now?
    You speak on behalf of the fans of London? The ones that are in England, that pay the tickets and are based by United? Those fans, by majority on my reading and research seem to think he merits staying. Hell, every time he steps on the pitch, you can see he merits a great fan reception. As is said, an athlete makes or breaks himself on the field not off. Your board, this board, what board. Does Big Soccer offer the 'majority' of opinon? That's like saying these boards composed of 30 average users compose the opinion of Argentinal Ex Patriots or Locals.

Yes, cue the bullshit.
    I agree, since Robihno couldn't fit into the system, perhaps he should go into a system or team that will try to work with his system. Premiere League is the best in the world, but if they want the absolute best players there will need to be some changes. Somehow basing on the old guard of premiership thought process, I don't see this anytime soon. Credit where credit is due, the premiere league has been more opened to other countries that typically would never set foot there in the first place on decades past.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Rooney finally played centrally again, in his favoured position, instead of nominally out wide and a genuine striker brought in for a change. Our attack has not functioned at the top of its game since the first half of season 06/07 when a fully fit Saha was leading the line. Since then we have still been successfully but on the back of our defense and moments of individual attacking quality or grinding out results. Ronaldo helped to cover these underlying issues with his goal return so with him gone we can finally address them and move forward.

Go and speak to fans, listen to what they say to the media and read the various boards. Very few people are upset or worried about the departure of Tevez. He was a fan favourite for his overall work rate and a few key goals but that is it. The fans accept that his performances, outside of his work rate, were not to the required quality and simply not enough to merit the outlay on his transfer fee and wages. It is a case of thanks for the effort and good luck in the future.

Tevez has not performed to the best of his ability in England. It cannot be denied. The usual bullshit is the spin we are currently hearing from Kia as he tries to pimp his slave, sorrry client, elsewhere.

I do not understand your last section.

22. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007

Teso, this is absolute revisionism. His form didn't begin to dip until after Berbatov had taken his place, dont try to pretend otherwise. And as far as handling rotation, there was no rotation. There was bervatov and rooney starting every significant match and tevez hardly getting anytime in. If there was a rotation used where every two matches or so tevez was a starter then there would be no problem and that's the best thing to do. The fact is Tevez did not play his way out of rotation, I watched every single match leading up to Berbatov's purchase and that simply is not true.

23. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Bingo and Amen, you are spot on and this is the point I was trying to make to Teso months ago, in my opinion Tevez never got a fair chance and he needed it since the adaptation to the English game is ten fold.:rolleyes:

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

His performances in pre-season and when the season started were completely different. I have to question whether you were actually watching full games of both because your posts indicate you have not regardless of what you might claim. He had a good game against Portsmouth but it went downhill from there in terms of incisive attacking play and offensive output. Tevez was first subbed out against Bolton which coincided with the period when Rooney, who replaced him and scored in that game, exploded into form with nine goals and four assists in seven games for club and country. Berbatov had five goals and an assist in the same time period while Ronaldo had two goals and two assists. When Tevez is only offering work rate are you honestly surprised that we took the opportunity to integrate Berbatov and get Ronaldo fit/sharp? The fact remains that all three were offensively superior to Tevez during that time period. Tevez, Kia and his supporters can cry all they wish but if Tevez had been performing as we all know he can then he would not have been used it that manner. Regardless he played the 4th most games in our entire squad last season so he can hardly complain about a lack of games. The more baffling aspect to all of this is the belief from Tevez and Kia that we would inexplicably pay up early on to make his deal permanent when everyone else knew we would wait until the his deal was coming to an end before making a move. Yet he then whines about that as well? Ridiculous.

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

So he was not allowed to adapt in the prior two seasons?

Tevez has disappointed. Accept it and move on.