Carlos Tevez - news & rumors, part II (r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by JuveFE, Oct 23, 2008.

1. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Carlos Tevez - news & rumors, part II

Funny you should say that considering Ronaldo boosts his numbers by scoring penalties (three during the present season in the Premier) yet you don't take that into account when questioning Tevez' lack of end product.

You chose Ronaldo MOTM. Enough said.

2. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

This is boring now, i'm off.:(

3. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Good. The thread's IQ level is on the rise now.

4. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Hey, don't bash Zippy. He's like the cute gerbil you like to feed.
    :p

Tevez was decent, compared to the others that is.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

;)

I actually had a very good stream for the match and yes Carlitos worked his ass off but had nothing to show for it. He's a forward and his job is to score gols which he just isn't doing enough of. Had his contributions been more inline with the last half at WHU or his time in Brazil or Boca then but from what I've watched he's been inconsistent all season long. Sure he hasn't been given consistent time on the pitch but he still has to maximize that time. I believe it's just time for Carlitos to play for a coach that will give him the minutes and play him properly. Tevez has never been exclusively about golazos, and when that is all that is expected of him, then by default he has been a let-down.

6. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

orly!? a girl? :eek:

I had Setanta on tv. :)

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Come on, while ManU had some unusual defensive breakdowns and it must have been frustrating for their fans, you cannot tell me as a fan of the game of football that you were unable to appreciate the awesome team effort by Liverpool. :D

That's two superb matches in less than a week for Liverpool. They completely destroyed two of the best teams in the world, and it all started with their domination in midfield, and especially with Mascherano and Gerrard .

It wasn't ManU's day, and it was no doubt a very touch match for Carlitos. He worked hard but he didn't have any of his magic. Neither did any of his teammates, including Ronaldo. But I give credit to the reds, they are playing out of their mind right now.

8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Liverpool are on another planet right now. The game can be summed up like this: Liverpool > Vidic.

9. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006

Not like Berbatov is setting the bar too high with his goals...
    Tevez was always paired with an actual #9 during his time at boca, in brazil and at whu. It took away the pressure and allowed him to play to his potential. He had a specific role, nowadays whenever I see him playing with Manu he is running all over the field sometimes going back to the midway line and other times on the wing :confused: He keeps interchanging positions with Rooney, I think he is pretty confused himself. This only leads to exhaustion. I honestly believe he is running twice as much as he used to in SA. His finishing has gone from acceptable to disastrous. Didn't catch the game btw.

10. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Good points, and when you look at his stats for goals scored he was not really lighting things on fire at Boca either , because like I said before he is a supporting forward. Things in brazil got better stats wise because really it is a step down defensively from the argentine league and really at that time the brasilian league was a mess.;)

11. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Berbatov has been a huge let down to me aswell, his relaxed style is good but it means he can't raise his game for the big matches, without quiroz fergusons transfer record is frankly awfull and thats one of the things used to criticise him here, in the year befor quiroz came he bought bellion, djemba djemba, kleberson who all failed and he spent the money for the year on players like that, i think then he realised he can't spot talent on his own and needed alot of help, he has others strengths, he has made some good buys but far too many bad ones to be regarded as top class, just look at this year, 30 million wasted on berbatov which could have gone on tevez.:(

12. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

There is little difference between an attacking midfield and a support striker as both occupy roughly the same area of the pitch and they both perform the same fundamental role.

The above as quoted by TESO:

Jesus Teso if you really believe this , then what more do we really have to say and or learn from each other??:eek::rolleyes:

I guess then according to you Diego Maradona never lived up to many teams expectations because the numbers were just not there?:confused: Essentialy the same role my arse!
    also Teso please look back to my very first response to you, and see that I DID SAY I CAN SEE YOUR POINT BUT............,,,, in other words Tevez can and should do better , however once again and not to sound like a broken record I have allready given my points as to why I think he is not. You obviously disagree wich hey, no biggie. I just would be saddened if Tevez is let go before he really has a fighting chance to prove his worth.

The one line I quoted from you TESO is just to show many of my fellow Argentines the fundamental lack of understanding from many European fans of Anglo-saxon persuasion as to what the differing roles are on the pitch. Something the Brasilians, Argentines have so nicely done with their respective histories and Im afraid is now becoming a lost art.

13. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Can we stop the debate with teso, it makes the whole thread boring.

14. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I am questioning your knowledge of the Premiership, Man Utd and Tevez during his time at Man Utd. I think it is a legitimate question to pose based on the discussion thus far. I am well aware of Tevez at Boca as well which is why I am disappointed with the current situation. Ferguson has played several players who operate in the hole during his tenure. The reason Rooney has been used further forward is two-fold. Firstly we had no option due to injuries and Tevez was preferred in that role. Secondly Ferguson wanted Rooney to become more clinical in and around the box. The signing of Berbatov was done to enable him to operate as the attacking pivot (outlet) for our other attacking players to go beyond.

Above quote originaly posted by TESO:
    This is a good point Teso and I would admit that I have not watched as much of the Premiership as past years and ManU as well since I am not a big fan of ManU since Keane, Beckham, Solksjaer and them all left, I like the ManU of years gone by and really I hate to watch that Portuguese kid.:D However I still think I catch enough games. I prefer La Liga and will openely admit this, teams like Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and this technique based dribbling soccer is what entertains me. I am not here to dispute what is better and I think you are not either , wich I can respect.
    I do agree that every league carries it's own idiosyncrasies and style and some players adapt others do not, yet it is my strong belief it should be the managers role to figure out how to best get the best out of these players , for example look at Zola's time in Chelsea. The problem with generalisations is that it leaves too much room for mistake and misreading and I do apreciate your response and clarification, because I agree with most of your analysis of the diferences between leagues, but to me it does always beg the question of whom failed in such a case like Veron. The coaches, the management who bought him, scouts, the manager himself, or the player?? I think it rather harsh to put it onto the player who may be very well doing his 110% when it was indeed a board decision to buy him and perhaps a lack of one on one training to get him adjusted to the league. Ergo my point back onto Tevez, I think he is working bloody hard, but how hard is his club working for him??:rolleyes:

15. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

teso will never back down so just leave it cos its going to destroy the thread.:(

16. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Zippy: Female or male or incredible hulk?

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

As far as Boca, I think he played great alongside Marcelo Delgado. El Chelo was a 9 but he also liked to backtrack, which made it ideal for Tevez to fill the space.

18. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

It doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter, i don't want people to judge me on what sex i am, i want people to listen to what i say in my posts and judge me on that, if anyone can't do that then i will ignore them.

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Or penguin?

20. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Penguins are the cutest things in the world, the way they look, the way they walk and the way they slide on their tummy's is adorable.

21. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Fixed. Now I know. A guy would immediately say he's a guy.;)

What's up with Teve's hair and look, he looks more like a midget Lou ferrigno
    every week.

22. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'd rather not get started on Berbatov as this is not the right place. With that said, had ManU actually signed a striker they'd be better off. For what they are paying Berbatov, I think he's as big a let down as Carlitos if not more. I could be off base here but I kinda get the impression that he was trying to play the Paul Scholes role and stopped being a forward. Like I said, I could be off base on Tevez but he's nothing like he was in South America. No knock on SAF, but how do you not find a way to incorporate Tevez in his natural role?

As for the match, it was a pathetic showing by ManU in a match I felt they should have been much more prepared for. Pool played good but not that good.

23. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

After yesterdays game I would imagine old red nose is knocking back a few extra cans of Special Brew today.:D

24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Those were good times. This torneo makes it seem like a lifetime ago.

Or Puffin?

[​IMG]

Would they? Don't be so sure;) Good call on the Tevez/Ferrigno thing....I about spit my coffee onto my lap-top.

Scotch in a can? Or is Special Brew some cheap stout? With the money he's made I'd expect no less than Bushmill's.

25. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]