Carlos Tevez - news & rumors, part II (r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by JuveFE, Oct 23, 2008.

1. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    TBH I think if his contract doesn't get resolved and he keeps coming off the bench, I can see him saying "f**k europe I'm going home" and come back to boca. Don't know if the money would be right considering he's so young but I can see him getting fed up and wanting to come home.

I can't stand the fact that I turn on a man utd game and see him coming off the bench every game. Rooney maybe in good form now but we all know thats not going to last. He's one of the most streakiest players in the world. Great form for 2 weeks and than shit for a month. Carlitos deserves to be starting somewhere. If its not back at boca than I want him in italy and not at real madrid or barca. Maybe Roma or Napoli would be a good spot for him.

2. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Re: Carlos Tevez, news & transfers.

Did they?? or was it just Higauin saying he would love carlitos on real madrid.

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Bernd Shuster said it as well ...

4. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

But only one person said that in the whole English media, Wenger.

England players don't even get hyped here anymore,. they get abuse at Wembley.

But don't let me ruin your portraying of a useless stereotype.

5. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Rooney is more complete than Tevez though, he has better creative passing, better pace, better shooting and is more of a match winner.

And younger.

6. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Like an 18-month gap would make all the difference in the world...

Don't get me wrong, I love Wayne's play and passion but he is just a craftier version of Tevez. And I don't agree that Rooney is more of a match winner. How many vital, match-winning goals has Carlos scored? While Rooney can make the whole team look awesome when he's on, he just doesn't score that many match-winning goals. I think it's partly down to his position on the field and partly to a maturity issue.

7. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Tevez only seems better at dribbling and short passing,. I would take Rooney, also once Ronaldo leaves next year Tevez will start if United don't sign anybody else.

8. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey

thats your opinion and i can respect that but i disagree. carlitos has a better first touch, can finish better than rooney and like you said his dribbling and short passing is better. i would take carlitos over rooney. imo rooney is to much of a streaky player. he fades in and out of games way to much. he looks great right now but how long will that last?

carlitos on the other hand for me is more of a consistent player and more of a match winner.

9. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey

they need to lock tevez up before they both leave.

10. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

He hardly scores though and when one of his shots miss they tend to look worse than a normal miss by another player,
    If they are both playing the same at some point then Rooney should still probably start because he's done more for the club and has more experience in English football.

11. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Carlos Tevez - news & rumors, part II

That doesn't make any sense. his missed shots look worse than a normal player?? i don't know about you but i've seen carlitos score some beautiful goals and a missed shot is a missed shot. i've seen rooney miss a ton of easy tap in's and easy goals.

obviously rooney has done more because he's been there longer and he's the fan and SAF favorite. But who did more last year and had the better season?

Your from engalnd so obviously you would lean towards your hometown boy in rooney but for me I perfer carlitos and his style of play over rooney.

12. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

This is what irks me. We get comparisons like this and then stats thrown in for good measure when in fact it is total bollocks to even try to match the two up at this time. How many more minutes has Rooney had on the feild with United than Tevez? Has Tevez fully settled in Manchester yet and learned the language? I mean is it even fair to put these two side by side. I think back to Crespo's time at Chelsea and right away the English media and pundits going on about how Argentines can't play in the Premier league, well give them a F@ckin' chance to settle and prove themselves not just feed of off crumbs then throw them out.:rolleyes:

13. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Firstly I'm not from Manchester,. my hometown club would be Chelsea.

Also I'm not biased at all,. I don't like the style of English players or any British players, I just think Rooney has more to offer than Tevez.
    I want Tevez to do well though because he seem a really good guy who is also super talented.

14. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey

Thats fine but like I said I feel carlitos is the better player with more to offer so will just agree to disagree on this. and by hometown I really meant england because your from there.

Glad to hear your not a hater of carlitos.

15. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada

I still cant believe how he can get bencched, with his talent and versetility the guy can play on a lot of position...heck I would put him on fletcher place, this guy only get sympathy votes from scothish!!his best is comparable to tevez worst!

16. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Nobody hates Tevez, listen to the crowd when he comes on, he's a favourite, the same happened at West ham.

17. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

Well, considering that he gets WAY less playing time than Rooney, I guess that makes sense:rolleyes:
    A goal scorer is similar to goalkeeper in that it sort of needs consistency to excel and gain form.

Last year it seemed that every goal Tevez scored was an important one. It's like the difference between Crespo and Caniggia with the NT of ARgentina. Crespo has way more goals, but you can't remember an important one, while Caniggia had the goals against Italy, Brasil etc in the 1990 World cup

I agre Rooney should be starting at this moment, because his form is very high, but I personally think that Tevez overall is better. Rooney has a better shot sure, but not by much. Size Rooney is a little better, Tevez has more flair, definitely has more creative passing, footwork, first touch, flair and I think he has not neccesarilly better finishing than Rooney, but he has that instinct to always seem to be at the right place at the right time.

He scored a diving header against Chelsea, scored in the huge 'derby' against Liverpool, scored the first penalty against Chelsea in the CL (i'll remind you that the big cry baby on your team missed it), got Drogba sent off, had that little c*** Terry spit in his face but kept his cool, scored against Lyon to send them to Old Trafford with the away goal, scored against Roma, played very well against Barcelona despite SAF not having the balls to go and attack with a trio of Tevez-Rooney-Ronaldo.

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

This season he scored against Liverpool again. But that was back when he was actually playing.

19. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Good post but I don't agree on the creative passing, Rooney is our most consistent assist maker, it's the strongest part of his game and always has been.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

What has that best form provided? One goal and one assist. He has been outperformed by Rooney, Berbatov and Ronaldo, despite the latter duo not being fully match fit nor sharp. At this point he does not deserve to start. Not when he is being outperformed and not when others need playing time to get back to 100%. You might not like it and Tevez might not like it but it is the reality of playing at an elite club.

He would not be moving until the summer, regardless of whether we want to sign him or not. It's not that we feel we need to play Berbatov but that he has earned his place in the side and is performing. We all hope to see the attacking quartet of Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov and Tevez feature at the same time but until we get our central midfield back from injury then there is little chance of that happening. At the moment we can only pick from Fletcher, Anderson or Giggs (out of position). Once Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves return we might see our 4-2-3-1 return.

Rooney can do more than Tevez. It's not a slight on Tevez but Rooney's game is simply more expansive, notably when he is allowed to roam behind a striker as he now can for both Man Utd and England. There is little surprise to see him return to form under those conditions. Even when Rooney is off-form he still provides a lot of what Tevez does.

There was little between them.

Fletcher has been one of our best players this season. Now jog on.

21. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Well he can't do much playing 15 minutes a match can he? He's barely gotten a chance to interact with Berbatov.

I don't like it that's exactly why I've been saying he should leave as soon as Berbatov arrived.

Tevez can do everything that Rooney can when played in that same position. Problem is he hasn't gotten a chance to do it. Once he leaves ManU I expect that to change.

Tevez came through when it mattered most and you know that. Despite it being only his first season at the club.

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

He was given a chance but then Berbatov got his and took it. As I said above Tevez has not done enough to displace the attacking triumvirate of Rooney, Berbatov and Ronaldo.

I disagree. For proof of this simply look to last season when Tevez played in his natural position behind Rooney. Tevez is a very good player but Rooney has more strings to his bow.

We are talking about the present, not the past.

23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006

Ever since moving to England Tevez has not been the player I knew and watched in south America. He said it himself, he lost what he once was, the potential of becoming a complete second striker with a killer instinct for goals. Instead he was misused and reduced to do the dirty work for the team. It seems to me that he was exploited because of his work rate which is simply a bonus and not the main aspect of his game. His shooting deteriorated instead of improving and his ability to dribble past defenders is completely lost ( he does not even make an attempt anymore).

Tevez should be relieved of any defensive duties and focus all of his energy on the attacking end. I don't see this happening at ManU and it will be best for him to move on to Spain or Italy where they have more of an understanding of his nature as an offensive player. He could be a superstar in his own right, why limit his game and share the spotlight with 3 players ? It will be more beneficial for him and for the NT, we really have no need for the player he is right now.

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

How was he given a chance? Fergueson had his mind set that as soon as Ronaldo came back Tevez would be the odd man out. Ronaldo will never be benched and neither will Rooney so it was Tevez who was sacrificed despite the fact that he was in better form then Rooney at that point and had scored against Liverpool.

Now all 3 are in good form and that's fine but Tevez was immediately the odd man out for no particular reason BEFORE Rooney hit the good form he's in right now.

He played his natural position but he wasn't playing with a true #9 in front of him it's clearly not the same.

JuveFE asked: "But who did more last year and had the better season?" You said there was little between them. The question was about last season thus I was talking about that.

25. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Wow you don't hold back do you, maybe Tevez does not dribble anymore because he is too fat and too slow, although he did lose a bit of weight for this season but it looks to be going back on again.