Caribbean Championship’s First Round opens March 16

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico FC' started by EPJr, Mar 10, 2010.

1. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Islanders begin CFU journey in April

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TAMPA, FL – The Puerto Rico Islanders will begin their quest to reach the CONCACAF Champions League tournament for a third consecutive time when they enter the Caribbean Football Union’s Club Championship tournament as a seeded team in the Second Round April 13. The regional tournament kicks off with First Round group play March 16 in four locations.
    [​IMG]The 2010 edition of the CFU Club Championship features three rounds of group play to determine a champion. The top three clubs in the Final Round will advance to the CONCACAF Champions League

http://www.uslsoccer.com/docs/CFU-2010TournamentBracket.pdf

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Re: Caribbean Championship’s

I'm really looking forward to see how Bayamon FC plays in the CFU Club Championship this season. Watching two Puerto Rican teams play in the CCL would be marvelous.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like PRI could not win their first game.

5. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0 The Islanders tied the Trinidad team. Apparently, the Haitian team did not make the trip to Georgetown. So, if PRI defeats the Cayman team on Friday they will advance.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess PRI gets a day off tomorrow while the other two teams play, well that helps a little with the minute accumulation for PRI players.

7. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the PRI website, Whit noted the change in the schedule benefits us. I like that we rest while everybody else plays. More than likely, the Trinidad team and the Islanders advance.

Assuming we advance, the CFU needs to let us know when and where the semis and finals will be played. The Islanders' NASL schedule was set to give us time off in May to compete in the CFU club championship. We play every weekend in June with no Wednesday NASL games. I bet we play mid-week CFU matches to settle the cup or send reserves to an NASL game.?.

8. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Its a "liguella" the first three in points make it to the CCL

9. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that on Wikipedia and didn't believe it. So, the Islanders need another week to spend playing Mon-Wed-Fri or Tues-Thurs-Sat or something like that. Wow!! This gets crazier all the time. La Primera Hora said it best today, "Typical CFU." But we will prevail. The Champions League is calling.

10. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok. Now that we have taken care of buisness in Grand Cayman, any idea when the CFU Finals will take place? Our schedule is pretty full in June. Also World Cup qualifying starts. Antigua plays the U.S. It is going to be interesting to see how we fit this in.

11. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW I have a solution to our CONCACAF Champions League snafu. The CFU should designate the two group winners as one and two for the CCL. That would put PRI and the Antigua team in. The two Trinidad teams should play each other for the third spot. Or that spotcould be decided on some statistical tie breaker. Toward the end of June, the CFU can have PRI and the Barracudas play each other on a Wednesday at a designated site for the CFU Club Cup.

Of course this plan provides the best outcome for our Islanders which is why I put it on this forum as opposed to the Caribbean one. :)

12. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we know. June 19 and 21 for the CFU Club Cup. Can't believe we have to go to Trinidad. We need to take care of business before worrying about who we play in the CONCACAF CL. I am concerned about being the visiting team when Trinidad has two home teams in the final four. Vamos Islanders!