Capital One Cup Quarter Final: December 19, 2012- Leeds United FC v. Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Dec 16, 2012.

1. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hmph. Cavalier run forward. Leaves a massive gap. Goal Leeds.

Just defend. If the team can't create with Marin, Moses, Mata, Oscar, and Lamps on the field then they've got problems. Luiz trying to play at Beckenbauer and remonstrating with his teammates on every freekick as if he's Pirlo is getting a bit annoying. Play a simple square ball and defend first.

fernb8, cokeyounut and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  2. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yea, me too. right when that pass was off, you could see it coming.

chief232 repped this.
  3. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    You can't play a trap the way he tried to play that.

4. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    luiz is doing all kinds of wrong so far this game

5. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    If Ivan stays with his man, Thomas has nobody to pass to.

6. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't think he tried to play a trap but then again i need to see the replay. still i think it's rather harsh to blame the goal solely on branna when he was forced to cover the entire center-half by himself due to luiz's error

7. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    great shot by Frank, insane "cross" from azpi.

8. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    It's clear as day in the replay, he steps up when nobody else does. All he had to cover was one man, Berty had his man and so did Azpi. He lacks the intelligence to be a reliable player at CB.

9. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    if frank or oscar hold back ala Maka we have numbers, we could do this all day!:D

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  10. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There is no steady play in this team. 100mph or nothing. Leeds are given so much space to play and counter because the Chelsea rushes forward without a plan and lose the ball. The opposition plays 3 or so passes forward and his bearing down with clear cut chance.

11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We should try one of the kids up front instead of Torres. At least they might hold up the ball instead of constantly giving it away.

lobomojo repped this.
  12. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nearly 2-0 Leeds

ffs, wtf is wrong with this team. WAKE UP

13. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    This game clearly shows Ash needs a contract extension. Ryan, though talented, isnt ready.

adri repped this.
  14. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    But its such a simple role aye;) , good ball retention and passing should be enough. To bad its what you do off the ball that is far more important. Neither Lamps or Oscar, more the former are sticking to the task of sitting in front of the back four. They've got no options for a simple pass.

adri repped this.
  15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    that may be, but luiz needs to stop playing passes hard into guys that are completely covered, or into opponents feet. how many times does luiz go for an ill advised or hollywood pass.

fernb8 and hudson hooligan repped this.
  16. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think that's really the main point. you can't blame branna entirely when clearly luiz gets some of the blame for initiating the counterattack with a needless giveaway

17. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ryan offers zero going forward and is only just steady at the back. Compare him to someone like Alaba for instance and you see an entirely differently quality in attack and a physicality and pace that Bertrand seems to have but very rarely displays. Van Aanholt with a little discipline would be a better prospect IMO.

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, not all the time... sometimes he goes for an ill advised or Hollywood shot. Y'know, just to mix it up a bit :(

okocha1 repped this.
  19. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT

not a good display in the first half at all. not enough pressure in midfield. not creating enough chances. not defending set pieces. and lumping everyone forward inviting Leeds to counterattack.

i will be hugely disappointed if this score stays as it is or gets worse

20. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    I don't know how many times, if you wanna provide some numbers I'd love to see them. I do know that we in dire need of a DLP that can play a killer pass through an inside channel, so someone needs to supply it.

21. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's what makes me want to tear my hair out. The same happens when he defends. Sometimes he'll try to dribble his way out of a bad decision instead of just booting the ball out into touch. Its as if he has to show all parts of his game. Riccy, Gallas, and JT are all ballplaying CB's and yet they more often than not kept it simple and would pick and choose the most opportune moments to go on runs (Riccy was especially adept at this). Luiz forces the issue to often, when its unneeded.

fernb8 repped this.
  22. Passage

Passage Member

Feb 25, 2007
    USA
    FSW has failed tactically at every halftime so far. Let's see if he can actually change the game.

23. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    There have been at least 3 times in this match where he's hoofed the ball out.

24. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Just showing the replay now, Ivan should see Oscar right next to him and turn around, so unaware.

25. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You can't play killer passes when there is no one getting in the box. More often than not its Torres inside the 18. We have Mata, Oscar, Lampard who are all central and David Luiz is the one trying to play those passes? He's a defender.