Canucks Youngs Gunz- Youth Movement

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Scorpion26, Aug 31, 2012.

1. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I was not sure where to put this but Ottawa Fury have just singed the PDL goalie of the year. Chad Bush from the Ottawa Fury system went from PDL to pro NASL at age 19.
    I thought that this was signifigant because the D2 NASL side Ottawa is the second in Canada. If not for having a pro team in Canada to sign with where would he have ended up playing.
    Would he have had to go oversees somewhere. Would another NASL team in the states sign him where he would be considered an international same with a USL Pro affiliate.
    Like Ottawa will look to fill its roster out with young Canadian talent the same would be for the US teams.

Just a Reason why there needs to be more pro teams in Canada whether it be NASL or an USL PRO affiliate of one of the MLS sides.
    Now this kid can stay in canada and be very available for any training sessions or call ups to one of the mens National teams.

2. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I rather more USL Canadian teams because it gives them a better chance to get into MLS.

Any college or youth players at the moment training or trialing abroad?

3. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Arsenal trial for a youngsters named Caniggia Elva... and he wants to play for Canada. Nice news

4. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know anything about seventeen year old Marco Carducci? I saw that Vancouver signed the young goalkeeper a while back but didn't know if there was any buzz on him.

5. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    He's supposed to be a keeper for the future along with Maxime Crepeau and that's two youngsters in gk that will hopefully become top notch keepers.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  6. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    News to know Robert Gale has been hired to coach U_20 Canadian youngsters. Was recent coach of the U_17 squad and he'll have the same group of players to coach and maybe lots more new players on their way up to.

7. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Samuel Piette made his debut for his team a ten minute cameo. He was said to have played well to preserve the win for Fortuna D.

8. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Team Canada may not be playing in the World Cup but their are plenty of clubs coming to North America to train and play friendly warm up matches.
    Is team Canada planning on setting up any matches with any of these teams.
    I would think that countries would be looking for some minutes for players who will likley not see any action in the WC and a roster of Young Canadian National team players could benefit both parties.
    Canada has three Natural grass pitches in which to host games. BMO, Saputo, and Moncton

9. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    With several countries making there way to North America to train shortly for the World Cup will the Canadian National team be looking to set up any matches ?
    I could see teams heading to the World Cup wanting to get players who mostlikley will not see any action in the World Cup want to keep those players sharp. A young team Canada could play a role as that team while getting there own young players some match time.
    With 3 pitches in Toronto, Montreal, and Moncton all with FIFA approved natural surfaces it should not be that difficult to set up matches at venues in which clubs would play on.
    Couls be the first step in preparing the roster of who will be on the Pan AM games side next July.

10. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Fraser Aird might end up playing for Canada... Good news but wish he actually played in the SPL now.

11. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm wondering why Aird wasn't called up for Bulgaria and Moldova? Unless it was always the plan to only have him at the U20 camp.

Daniel Haber never really got a crack at starting for Limassol this year but 3 goals in less than 400 minutes is pretty good.

12. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kyle Bekker has been the equivalent of balls. Balls that hit the wall, balls that roll along the ground and balls that barely make the box. Pure balls.

13. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Any news on the young gunz?

Wish to see more of em pushing to play in top leagues across this world not low level leagues weaker compared to MLS.

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  15. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    He still able to play for Canada he has not made the official switch or playing for the Chile national team which would take a while got good young players.

16. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Hope Vancouver cuts Bastos from residency. We don't need to develop Chilean players.

17. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    A lot of soccer being brought to Canada in 2015 led by the Women's World Cup. For a young mens National team movement they may not get the type of attention and support they could use for their big event the Gold Cup going on at the same time.
    Still it could be a movement for the future to be able to host their pool play in Canada with the new stadiums. Even next year there is no plan for the Gold Cup yet. If Canada can get to host their pool play at BMO in Toronto before the Pan Am would help. Already has the top FIFA approved natural pitch and the KIA training center.
    In the future for the men putting in temp natural pitch has become acceptable for the Mens

18. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Fifa Women's World Cup and Pan Am Games run consecutively and not concurrently. WC finishes July 5 and Pan Am starts July 7th.

Planning on going to the Pan Am tournament. Hoping the teams will be decent given there's also a Copa America going on in Chile finishing just 3 days prior. It likely means the brightest talents will be at Copa and we'll see B players.

19. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    If you read carefully i said that the WWC will run the same time as the Gold cup. Which could leave Toronto's BMO possibly available to host Team Canada's pool play before the Pan am starts. :)

Guarda-Redes repped this.
  20. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Pan Am is played at Tim Horton's field in Hamilton, not BMO. Why, I don't know. It's stupid that you'd want to host soccer in Hamilton rather than a purpose-built stadium in Toronto.

21. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I agree that does not make much sense to me either. Possibily that there will be so many soccer games both men's and women's being played all on the same field over a short period of time that the natural grass pitch may not hold up.
    Rugby 7's will be played at BMO and could be there will be a lot less hours of matches being played for rugby than soccer.
    With the gold cup starting at the beginning of June with pool play and the Pan AM not starting until the beginning of March BMO would still be available for Canada mens National team could host their pool play games in Toronto. The closest WWC games will be in Ottawa and Montreal so its possible that there would be plenty of people to fill BMO for the 6 pool play games is what I was getting at. Having the KIA training facility allows the Men's National team to be able have a very familiar training spot pre Gold cup.
    Also the possible ability to play warm up friendly at Saputo in Montreal in May could be to their advantage as well

22. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    @lefooteur Une source nous apprend qu'un Club de #Ligue1 s'intéresse sérieusement à Jeremy Gagnon-Laparé. Un agent à été mandaté pour le sonder. #IMFC

23. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Isn't the Ligue1 regular season coming to a close this weekend? Are the Impact just looking to get him some game action for playoffs ?

24. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The Impact are not going to be in the MLS playoffs but do have a CCL game coming up with NYRBs. With USLPro and the MLS reserve scheudles done. Finding a few matches to keep the young goalie sharp beating a non chalent looking NYRB club could be a big win

25. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Pretty sure any deal would be for next season, no sense in moving him right away.

you talking about crepeau? he hasn't played a meaningful game in years, it's a travesty. But it's imprudent to use him in NY, that game is the most important of the season, we need our best.

I'm not against using him vs chicago or NE, but that would be a slap in the face to Perkins, I feel like we need to end the season with him before we trade him.

Crepeau will get plenty of playing time next season, if he does well then we can trust him in MLS.