Canada's Quest for 2014 WC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Scorpion26, Jul 3, 2010.

1. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    confidence and delusion is a fine line, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

---------------Jackson---De Rosario
    Johnson---Hutchinson---Piette---Nakajima-Farran
    ----Morgan---McKenna---Edgar---Hainault
    -----------------------Borjan

???
    Occean was on fire for Furth this year but i think Jackson and in-form De Ro keep starting roles. needless to say they won't have a long leash.

2. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Chowderhead, wannabe internet rebel 10+ years

3. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Decent line-up.

I didn't mean to come off that rude by calling you little man. I realized how harsh it seemed upon a second look.

No, they are Canadian teams that play in a league called MLS, which has teams based in both the United States of America and Canada.

4. claw hammer

claw hammer Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Ya, in 1999 ..

5. claw hammer

claw hammer Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Remember Panama beat US in the gold cup .. If Canada doesn't beat Cuba in Cuba, I think it's over .. they'll need max pts from Cuba. After that game they go into a series of tough matches, so they need some momentum. 1 pt out of Cuba is zero momentum. It's time to get real.

6. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Even now it is. Beating most teams at home is still relatively difficult.

7. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I agree. Anything but a victory in Cuba would be a disaster. I'll be there to cheer the boys on with another 50 or so people and a loss really isn't something that we would find acceptable. Six points against Cuba is a must as I expect Panama and Honduras to also get six points against Cuba.

8. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    haha don't worry about me, Macksam, i never took it as harsh. have a great time in Cuba, Blizzard!

9. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Which is why he has been warned and that post deleted.

10. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thanks. We have about 40 people on the official Voyageurs trip with others going independently. Hopefully it will be epic though not to the point of anybody getting into trouble.

The Voyageurs are working with a new tour provider (S-Trip) and we're hoping for a long and fruitful relationship with them.

11. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Here's what I want to see

[​IMG]

The loss of Simpson and the fact that we were never strong on the right wing to begin with should force us to try and play more centrally.

12. TFC Till I DIE 07

TFC Till I DIE 07 New Member

May 30, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    11,000 tickets for Canada V USA, approx the same for Canada V Honduras..yet 25,000 seats sold for TFC v Liverpool FC @ the dome..it seems no one really believes the national side has a chance to go to Brazil.. i thought the Canada v USA would have sold better..didnt really expect more the 15,000 for Honduras.

13. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i'm sure they'll get thousands of walk-ups just as TFC do when it's good weather. if there isn't 15,000+ though it will be surprising, since there were actually good turnouts last round against teams that aren't much fun to watch.

14. claw hammer

claw hammer Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Good for you, have fun. I just think their only chance is a fast start .. if they grab some early wins they may ride it.. so anything other than a good start, I don't see it. Hey, has Randy E-Bonsu been called up? Anyone know? If not, I don't understand..

15. TFC Till I DIE 07

TFC Till I DIE 07 New Member

May 30, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    US beats Scotland 5-1 and Scotland is much higher ranked then us (canada) can anyone really doubt how the game will end up, ie after the Yanks got spanked by Brazil?? if we can keep it close 0-1, 1-2 then that would be a great result

16. NSSoccer

NSSoccer New Member

May 29, 2012
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Jazic is the man! Representing Halifax like a trooper!

17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You deserved to win tonight. And in my mind you guys did. Congrats and good luck in qualifying.

Polygong repped this.
  19. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is Hutchinson injured again or did he just test Leidgerwood?

Will Johnson has evolved and matured so much, he keeps his head up and spreads the ball nicely compared to even 6 months ago.

Need 3 points against Cuba, and to steal 1 at home to Honduras.

20. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hutch is indeed injured, may start in Cuba.

DeRo was a terror tonight, hard to believe he's 34.

21. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Americans could've won, we could've won, but at the end of the day, it was a good game of no B.S. soccer. Our backline was solid all game which is nice to see after only six days of camp. On the offensive side, we didn't lose much creativity on the left but I'm still concerned about Johnson/Ricketts on the right. They didn't impress me too much, but Ledgerwood suprisingly had a strong game coming down the right which eases some of my concerns.

22. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm OK with Ricketts, i think he did what he could with some suspect service. I prefer Johnson in more of a classic midfield role which is why i'm surprised we didn't see any of Issey. I have to give credit to Ledgerwood, i still think he's in over his head at this level but he plays his guts out and was never exposed. de Guzman was sort of erratic, but again, kept it together..it's only a matter of time before someone like Piette takes minutes away from him.

I'm reading that Hoilett is officially at Borussia Dortmund on a 4-year deal? wow!

23. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That is interesting because last night on the broadcast they were saying that he and Ocean were close to both signing for Mönchengladbach.

24. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think there's an outside chance Occean and Piette could both land at Mönchengladbach, which would be crazy.

25. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Borussia Möntrealbach?