Canada WNT 2014

Discussion dans 'Women's International' créé par bythesea, 2 Janvier 2014.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

23 Novembre 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Putting science aside for the moment, there's no doubt that Canada is the strongest defensive team in the world(at least until Herdman brings in his teen subs). Here's the full game where they take on Brazil a few month's back. Herdman acting very much like his great relative could of been General Banestre Tarelton(of Revolutionary War/The Patriot fame), is heard constantly yelling to his mids to "hold the line". They do this at all costs. Instead of kicking high balls over the crowded mid, Brazil keeps it grounded and it becomes a very rough game. Canada looses Seelemann to a red card, as well as a few Brazilians are taken off by stretcher(though Erika might of inspired/taught them well!)

2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    21 Novembre 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kara Lang ‏@Kara_Lang 3h
    2 days after being cleared to train w/ #CanWNT my knee literally exploded yesterday. I've torn just about everything you can in a knee.

3. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    20 Octobre 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    That really sucks. Her comeback was sounding so promising.

4. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    21 Novembre 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. I wouldn't wish the knee problems she's had on anyone.

Maybe this latest injury is a sign that a comeback is just not meant to be for Lang.

5. mamalia

mamalia Member

26 Avril 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    How sad for her. I don't think there is much doubt that is the case.

6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

24 Octobre 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  7. law10

law10 Member+

26 Décembre 2007
    Both teams play sunshine tournaments and then pack out for a couple months of club before Winnipeg in May.

U.S.
    FEB 13 - Russia
    MAR 05 - Japan
    MAR 07 - Sweden
    MAR 10 - Denmark
    MAY 08 - Canada

CANADA
    MAR 05 - Finland
    MAR 07 - Italy
    MAR 10 - England
    MAY 08 - USA

Where it gets interesting is the NWSL. KC and Sky Blue both play four games in the 11/12 days before Winnipeg. This would affect players like Filigno, Holiday, Rampone, and Sauerbrunn.

8. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    20 Octobre 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
  9. bythesea

bythesea Member

27 Mai 2005
  10. bythesea

bythesea Member

27 Mai 2005
    Oh, and the senior players are still in Burnaby so I guess it'll be something like a combined camp. It should probably be taken as an opportunity for the U-20s to impress Herdman.

11. bythesea

bythesea Member

27 Mai 2005
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

23 Novembre 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For this tourney; Herdman's not going to pull Yekka out of high school or Fleming out of junior high? has he lost his mind? lol

13. law10

law10 Member+

26 Décembre 2007
    Supposedly?

78' 0-0 with the U.S. is a pretty good result.

We had some pretty good results in 2010/2011 and they didn't help us much in Germany. Herdman's moment is next summer, the matches right now are more about the players showing their capabilities to be part of the recipe.

14. bythesea

bythesea Member

27 Mai 2005
    Duane Rollins has tweeted that Sesselmann hurt her knee in training. No confirmation until a full medical assessment.

15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    21 Novembre 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping that this isn't an ACL.

16. bythesea

bythesea Member

27 Mai 2005
    This is what Herdman did at the Cyprus Cup 5th place game that had the Irish players incensed.

17. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

3 Décembre 2006
    He should be shot:rolleyes:

18. weelilbit

weelilbit Member

14 Novembre 2013
    I really think that what he was doing there was just petty and little of him. That doesn't seem to be the thing that's upset the Irish players, it seems to be the full package. Buchanan's tackle was just plain dangerous and Herdman's definitely gotten the full CANWNT to be a lot rougher. More aggression in the game? Awesome. More fouls? Being rougher? Not so awesome.

19. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

3 Décembre 2006

The Canadians were never cupcakes under Pelerud. He got them playing pretty rough back then and it got them back in the WC and defeating the USA for one of the few time ever.

Here are random posts from 2003 discussing it.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/4693/message/1056809838/the coaches

I think they are actually less rough now.

20. law10

law10 Member+

26 Décembre 2007
    They definitely had some "impact" players like Charmaine Hooper who played for keeps. Women's soccer is nowhere near the roughness of men's soccer. But it's not a princess pageant, it's a contact sport. Both countries are also galaxies away from countries like Iceland and Nigeria.

What I read was that the Irish goalkeeper was ticked off by the post-game actions of the Canadian team. Where did you read it related to the game on the field?

21. StarDust

StarDust Member

30 Octobre 2004
    Club:
    FCR 2001 Duisburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

http://www.womenssoccerunited.com/r...e-cyprus-cup-2014-korea-rep-show-dance-moves/

22. bythesea

bythesea Member

27 Mai 2005
    I'm surprised no one has complained about how Sportsnet a few days ago switched the May 8 game from their ONE channel which I believe most people get as part of basic cable, to 360 and World which are premium channels that few Canadians subscribe to.

23. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

22 Octobre 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    No Canadian follows teh game ? 52 mins so far and 1-0 for Canada thanks to a great header by Buchanan (her first goal with the NT) on corner. She had a wonderful first half.... Fantastic save by McLeod on a short distance header by Wambach, really, really great save !

24. cloak

cloak Member

25 Août 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Tancredi should retire I don't think she is cut out for non-hoofball. I understand she is a safety blanket for Sinclair but in the long run it would be kind of a waste for WC minutes. Belanger is terrible, Herdman would be deranged to continue that experiment. Leon is better and more versatile than both.

Matheson and Schmidt are always a good chuckle owning NWSL but usually unconvincing internationally, especially Matheson. Turnovers galore from them and poor near goal but it was mutual from USA. At least Fleming is coming along to push them. Teen backline was solid. Finally a result against USA that should help everyone's mentality.

25. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    26 Août 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Buchanan is destined to be star. She'll be challenging Wendie and Nilla for the title of "best CB in the world" pretty soon.:thumbsup:

Partager cette page