Can Italy Win Euro 2012

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by jerrito, Sep 7, 2011.

1. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    De Rossi is a great player, he's just caged in a shit team and environment.

2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that same lines man called matri's perfect goal offside, so it was even

its funny people forget that

Dante repped this.
  3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess we're not watching the same guy

4. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    It was close but the Muntari goal makes it 2-0 which changes everything. Juve still deserved the Scudetto but you can't just say it's even when both goals would've created different circumstances and the Matri one not so much since he equalized soon after.

5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what makes u think juve couldnt equalize 2-2 or win the game?

its pathetic to try to justify and make excuses why your team didnt win the championship. The better team won and thats it, anything else is a sore loser. If it was close like man u. mancity then it'd be different but we're talkin about a team with 6 losses and the coppa losses vs. ZERO
    it would've been a tragedy and disgrace for juve to get 2nd place
    (this ^ is a general statement, not directed only at u Rob)

forza_azzurri repped this.
  6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    And with that, you lost all credibility. I like the part where a Genoa supporter knows better than Juve supporters the influence that Marchisio has all season.

turco3 repped this.
  7. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you only watch games that involve your own team??

8. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Because you watch so many Roma matches I'd imagine?

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anytime Roma were on TV this year, I watched the game

:cool:

10. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

So your opinion is definitely flawed, as this season was easily the best we've seen from De Rossi since Spalletti left. Nice try though :)

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Of course not; but I can guarantee you that you didn't watch more of my team play than I did this season, since I saw every ********ing game.

Any way, the fact that you consider Juve's, unbeaten title run, boasting the best defense in Europe, a fluke tells me all I need to know about your opinion.

12. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is a bit of a stretch. They weren’t playing European football this year.

I agree that Marchisio is overrated.

13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

That's not saying much because those were his most overrated years

[​IMG]

14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Oh, but saying Juve's scudetto was a fluke isn't a stretch? :rolleyes:

You're entitled to your opinion about Marchisio, but anyone who was paying attention to Juve this season will have noted his massive contribution.

15. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marchisio very impressive for Napoli tonight. Massive contribution indeed.

16. Fabio Grosso 2006

Fabio Grosso 2006 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Take your stupid my teams better my team deserved this bullshit away from here. This is about the Azzurri get over it and play your dick measuring contest elsewhere you kindergarten nit wits.

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, because realistically all the Juve players were excellent yesterday, right?

18. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys guys guys... stay on topic

I think Italy can reach the finals. The most important thing is that one of our forwards has to catch fire. If Balogol or Cassano can have a good tournament, the sky is the limit.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Abbiamo sempre perso........we always lost......well with the exception of 1968.....

20. ronaldo99

ronaldo99 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    History doesn't matter. Do you think Spain or Greece had a rich history in this tournament?

Anyway, Prandelli says this:

"We are not built to win the European Championship, but I like to say that the Italians know how to surprise.

"I would like to show that the team has at least worked well and which is arriving at [Euro 2012] knowing it is experiencing a unique moment with a smile on its lips."

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spain hadn't won anything in 50 years until now. Greece in 04 was an incredible fluke while at the same time, Italy stunk it up. I was surprised to see them make the final in 2000 but they found a way to lose that one too. Not sure if it has to do with opponents or because it takes Italy four years between World Cups to rebuild but they just don't seem to win at the Euros. Don't know how you can't look back at their record in this tournament but I hope history proves them wrong this time.

22. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    If they had won Euro 2000 then 2 titles is impressive. Even though they didn't win the side played well enough to be worthy champions no doubt. Euro 96 and Euro 04 both had decent teams but they just missed out by a goal. I think the Euro 04 team could've done some damage had they made it through, they would've inserted in Cassano and Pirlo for the rest of the tourny I am sure. Euro 96 there was a bad spell that led to a loss vs the Czechs and then the missed pk vs Germany. Both finalists played in our group.

I remember back in 2000 there was little optimism but the team came together. This team is good enough to win and perhaps playing the holders and reigning world Champions the first match will force the team to focus from the start.

forza_azzurri repped this.
  23. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On paper, Italy has the roster to win the whole thing. Like people mentioned, it comes down to how well this group gels together and handles adversity.

What I like about this group is that they've bought into Prandelli's plan and are a hungry team that wants to win. Last Euro felt like we were just showing up and still hung over from the World Cup victory... not hungry enough.

I'm not expecting Italy to win, but I won't be shocked if they do.

24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just remember records are meant to be broken and history does not mean shit!
    every tourny is a new one and each team starts at the same point.

DDR and LToni repped this.
  25. Fabio Grosso 2006

Fabio Grosso 2006 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Last Euro felt like we were just showing up and still hung over from the World Cup victory... not hungry enough

How could you know this? That's total bs. Cannavaro was a big loss just before euro and then we lost our best player pirlo for the qtr's with spain and still only lost on pk's. Gattuso didnt play also top that off with a bit of bad luck vs holland and that opening goal and a good disallowed goal vs Romania things could have been different. We topped our qualifying after a poor start that saw us take 1 point from 2 games. Friendlies pre euro beat Portugal 3-1, another goal disallowed at 0-0 when playing Spain in Spain and we lost 1-0.

Hunger had nothing to do with it.