Cagliari [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 12, 2007.

1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Cagliari 2008/2009 [R]

True.

I managed to watch it today and it was Fulvio Collovati that said it. He said that Allegri had picked it up from Giovanni Galeone because he played in his Pescara teams. Regardless of who they were playing, they would just keep attacking. The difference with the two coaches now is that Allegri is winning more than a fair share of matches and that Galeone's Pescara struggled to get anywhere.

2. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The funny stuff about Allegri is that as a player he was the typical talented guy with a lazy attitude and a reputation as a troublemaker. He played 3 seasons for cagliari. All the former players commentating the last results and cagliari's great attitude pointed out this fact to him.

We signed a young belarusian midfielder from Bate Borisov. Mikhail Sivakov (21). Hopefully he will turn to be a good investment.

About our season... I don't know if we will manage to go on with this form till the end of season... experience tells me that there will probably be harder times.
    For example I think the next 2 games (at home vs atalanta and lecce) will be hard. Both because the 2 teams will probably give us far less opportunity to play an open game and because the boys could unconsciously lose a bit of mental focus.

3. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Allegri also scored less at Cagliari than what he did at Pescara.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Massimiliano Allegri was a good midfielder between the B and the A. He made his bones with Pescara but he is doing a job as manager. I think Ballardini turned it around last year this time but I'm wondering if Cagliari is a team that starts off slowly and finishes strong. It seem that is the route they have been taking 2 years in a row.

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

lost at home damn!!! at least your still in EUFA cup

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

That was a weird deflection for Cigarini's goal.

7. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

It's not like I didn't see it coming... I expected troubles and we had plenty of them. the biggest one being playing 10 vs 11 since the first half... oh well, I guess without that deflection it would have probably ended 0-0 because the chances were next to nothing for both the sides. Anyway atalanta overall played a better match than us, they took control of the midfield and never left us any space.
    The only moan vs the referee is that he let atalanta get away with constant tactical fouling a bit too much. they made twice the fouls and got less yellow cards than us.

8. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Milan 1-0 Cagliari

Cagliari should have won or at least get a point. Abbiati made some good saves and also the post and crossbar prevented i sardi from winning. Cossu was Cagliari's best player. He was involved in most of Cagliari's attacks and he should have got a double or a hat-trick. Allegri's team played with more flair and conviction tha Milan but once Seedorf scored, that seemed to die down and the subs made little impact.

Seedorf's goal was due to bad communication between Lopez and Marchetti. I blame the Uruguayan more than Marchetti.

9. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

and also inzaghi "cleverly" pushing lopez at the right moment...

you said it all. I think we did deserve a draw even though some of the players didn't perform as usual (for example biondini and fini).

10. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

On another day, Cossu could have won that game off his own boot but unfortunately, it didn't happen on Sunday.

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Allegri linked with Milan:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr8b.html

I don't really believe it but if it's real, Allegri isn't ready. I think it's too soon for him and at Cagliari, it's ideal for him because he has the players to fit in his system. At Milan, he will have to deal with bigger names.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

How about Totti & Conti getting into it?That crazy! Two romanisti...kind of like Caine and Abel...

13. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Conti should have broke Totti's jaw.

14. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

video?

15. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

long time without watching this thread, wishing all the best to see cagliari play eufa cup, come'on we still have chance..!!!

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Cagliari - Roma 2-2 Highlights Ampia Sintesi 10-05-09 Serie A 35°Giornata HD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAoTd0FM-zo"]YouTube - Cagliari - Roma 2-2 Highlights Ampia Sintesi 10-05-09 Serie A 35°Giornata HD[/ame]

17. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

It's 2 weeks in a row that I miss the games due to Confirmation parties... I am still trying to digest all I've eaten... mmm and the red wine...

the match vs reggina was played awfully or so I've been said... btw there was one real gem and it was lazzari's goal. The boy can play I told it before... if only he could find some consistence he would become top team material. He's got truly great skills.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMjYB-ONBVA"]YouTube - Reggina Cagliari 0-1 Gol LAZZARI 17.5.09 HQ[/ame]

18. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

It was 1000 times better than the goal Bergkamp scored with Arsenal, that's for sure!

A goal like that proves to me that in Italy, you don't need to be a star to score those types of goals. Even the low profile players in Italy are gifted enough to score such beautiful goals.

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

tru that!^^^^

20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cagliari 2009/10 [R]

Cagliari started slow again under Allegri but they seem to be getting into their stride again. I sardi got a 2-0 win against Juve.

Nene` has been a revelation so far for Cagliari. He has done well to replace Acquafresca and Matri too has been impressive. Jeda hasn't been scoring as much as he had last season though.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

MODS PLEASE CHANGE TITLE OF THREAD TO JUST CAGLIARI......I DIDN'T WANT TO START A NEW ONE.....

I am either reading this wrong or is Cellino about to buy West Ham and fire Gianfranco Zola and hire Daniele Arrigoni who was fired from Bologna when Cagliari beat them 5-1?

Massimo Cellino si compra (forse) il West Ham United di Gianfranco Zola
    http://www.disinformatore.com/index...-forse-il-west-ham-united-di-gianfranco-zola/

Cellino-West Ham, è quasi fatta
    http://sportitalia.com/shownews.aspx?id=9877

Or is Allegri going there?

Per il futuro degli Hammers
    il tecnico è Allegri
    I tabloid inglesi hanno subito attaccato il possibile futuro nuovo proprietario, che rassicura i tifosi del Cagliari: "Possono stare tranquilli, ora concentriamoci tutti sulla partita con il Livorno"

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie.../cellino-west-ham-un-passo-602662613575.shtml

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

wasnt Cellino trying to sell cagliari? why would he buy west ham?

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Cellino: West Ham are "disastrous" Saturday 16 January, 2010

Massimo Cellino said West Ham's “situation is disastrous,” but the Cagliari patron was won over by their fans.

The President of the Sardinian side is in the midst of a takeover bid for the Hammers said to be worth £100m.

“If the deal goes through then good, if not then never mind. I will in any case become West Ham's new Number One fan,” he said.

“I am waiting for an answer and took the steps I needed to take. I did everything by...CONTINUE READING

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I hear that too. I know its tough with Juve, Milan and Inter but if he has £100m, why wouldn't he want to make Cagliari a contender in the Serie A? The current Cagliari team seems only a few players away from that point, so why not invest in his current club?