C.R. Flamengo 2014: Rumo ao Bi [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Mengão86, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Glad you liked it. I went on this tour last Friday. It's good, but I thought they could give more information and facts about the stadium.

You probably took a picture with the Zico's statue.

2. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I wasn't expecting much going in, as I took a tour of the Bernabeu about a year ago and it was a disappointment. And I think around double the price. The group I was in asked a lot of questions about the stadium and tour guides answered almost all of them.

Oh yeah. I rocked my newly purchased Fla jersey on the tour. Photos with Zico and Julio Caesar's locker were definites.

Lucas... repped this.
  3. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I saw yesterday that Holland will have their training in Gavea. When I visited it was in horrible shape. I have a very hard time believing anyone would set up camp there, especially a world cup squad. Will they actually be at Ninho do Urubu?

4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Who owns the rest of Hernanes rights? Once again Globo comes out with an article that says Fla will only get 50% of the 19.5 Milhoes de reais, but doesnt mention about the other 50%.

I thought we would be getting the whole thing. 19.5 million down to 9.75 million is a huge difference. Not too much you can do with that. I originally thought we can buy a "half-ways decent replacement to Hernane" along with another decent player with the sale. But now...

I'm opposed to the sale. Give him a big increase in salary for one year. If he earns it, keep paying him at that level.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not sure if he'd agree to that and I can't blame him. The Middle Eastern team is offering him 10,000 euros per goal. He can be financially set for life and his future generations. This is his only shot at a payday like this.

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    According to Lancenet:

7. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Andre' do Galo? Expensive...

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For that price, no thanks. And I'm skeptical about players who have admitted they are vascainos. I can't trust them (see Edmundo).

9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    what would hernane be making in UAE? They dont play nearly as many games as Brasil, so that gol incentive would probably end up anywhere from 500,000 reais to 750,000. If he scored the same amount as last year, he would cash in 1 million reais.

But do you have any idea what kind of salary they hand out for a guy like him?

If it really is a big difference between the increase he'd make in Brasil, then I agree with you about the family decision.

As far as a career decision, I'd think if he stayed another season and performed as well as he did in 2013, european teams would be beating down his door. And if he wanted to stay at Flamengo, that would be the easiest route to the Selecao, IMO.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I figured Mengao would be in all out panic mode by now.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With these names, I expect a disaster in the Libertadores given our group. It would be nice if we could make one splash (Elias or real striker if Hernane goes).

André is going to continue to do what he did at Vasco and that's drink cachaça every damn night.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not saying it will be a disaster but there are a lot of bad signs. You guys definitely need a big move.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope he's being truthful...

14. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    How is Galo paying all these guys' large salaries?

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lately, they aren't. They are dealing with late salaries too blaming it on not receiving the transfer fee from the Bernard sale.

16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Rumor is a "group of investors" will buy Elias's rights from sporting and pass him on to Fla.

Not going to get my hopes up though.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Doesn't make sense to me. It's going to be hard to get that investment back unless he plays well this season and they sell him next season or even in the summer, but even then, who's going to pay that price for 29 year old that had two unsuccessful stints in European clubs.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Another huge difference this year if we lose Hernane, is the hustle and marking he brought to the table. Of course the gols matter a lot more, but the entire dynamic of our style of play will change also. Elias and Hernane were so valuable not only because of their offensive production, but they worked their asses off. Something Elano and Alecsandro sure as hell wont do.

If we go into the Libs with Alecsandro, Nixon, and Sartori, it will be embarassing.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Alecsandro actually works his tail off so there shouldn't be any drop off there. I'm worried about his poor decisions on the ball and inconsistent finishing. He blows chances much like Hernane did in the first half of last season.

Elano, yeah. He said yesterday that he will demonstrate 'raça.' We will see how long that'll last for. As soon as he plays poorly and the torcida boos him, we will see the Elano that rode the bench.

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is Jayme setting up training using Elano as a Volante?

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No. Elano even said he isn't a volante and that he plays in a different position than Elias.

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't see what he offers you as a meia.. He can't take any one of the dribble anymore , not the best crosser either.

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Towards the end of the year in the big games, we played 3 volantes, but Elias given a lot more freedom to stay in the offense. I assume Elano will try to fill that type of role, no?

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's going to be playing on the right and pair up with Leo Moura.

If Elano doesn't work out, he could definitely come play for another one of my teams. Prater's record would be in danger...

Emperor Adriano repped this.