BVB II In The 3. Liga [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DaBuzzerBeater

Dec 2, 2013
    Brighton
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    #51 DaBuzzerBeater, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Don't understand the logic

No idea what the other posters posted but I don't see a comment from this Kirsten lad in this thread. In general, people here are saying Ginczek is a good player too so it's not like this is unusual

Nurnberg fan following their players n his previous team. Unusual?

Maybe half of the posters here would think Ducksch should be loaned out. Again, how's that unusual?

There are moderators here so he can check my IP address and judge. Not rocket science or whatsoever

Is this how the forum welcomes new member? If this is the case, I'll quit

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I never think Ducksch should be loaned out, he should be sold

3. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    First off I'll say welcome considering no one else does, since we see posters come and go often can't tell if someone plans to stick around this board.

Don't concern yourself too much with the comparison, the idea surfaced into my head as well as I was reading as the similarities were strikingly familiar. You can look through the boards or the national team threads for similar arguments as this had been talked to death already IMHO.

Nothing really to say about the topic besides maybe offering Schieber as back up to Giroud for Arsenal as they desperately need a striker :p

Anyway welcome again, if you plan to stay here, which I hope I managed to persuade.

4. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Sorry, man. I was merely pointing out the similarities. My initial question wasnt completely serious ( that's why I put the laughing emoticon). I didnt mean to insult you.

5. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO!!

I thought the same thing for a second or two. But this guy does not whine the way Kirsten does.

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, you're being a bit thin-skinned here aren't you? This conversation is pretty tame. I, for one, can be a hell of a lot more "nasty." However, there's no need to be with you. I think you're all right and hope you stick around.

7. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Elversberg 0 - 5 Dortmund II
    Own goal, Harder x2, Ducksch, Treude

Wow, I'm impressed.

Epitome990 repped this.
  8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I sincerely apologize if you haven't been made to feel welcome here. Welcome to BigSoccer. We could always use some more traffic on this site.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  10. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The kicker recently published an article about our 2nd team. I think the article is a bit too positive, because although we produced a lot of BL players we hardly produced any top talents. That being said I found the last paragraph quite interesting, which was about young talents being loaned to other teams:

Roughly: Although an interesting option for many, it is not a path Ducksch, who is currently the highest rated player (btw. does anyone know a good translation for Hoffnungsträger? White hope as given by leo.org does not seem appropriate), wants to follow. He declares that "I want to become a permanent part of our first squad".

It is just as some (e.g. footy) stated, players who have been loaned out rarely come back and become a success in Dortmund. Furthermore Ducksch is apparently optimistic about his chance at Dortmund so unless we get further information, I hope there won't be any discussions this winter about him "desperately" needing a transfer to another BL team.

Epitome990 repped this.
  11. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would probably translate that as he has the greatest hopes of success. You can't really translate it literally and white hope has a very different meaning in the USA than Leo.org thinks.

Hoffnungstraeger basically means someone who is carrying hope. Or maybe the club is placing their hopes/expectations on his shoulders.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The bolded text is what it means in the context it was used. The main to remember with "Sports German" is much of the time, you cannot simply translate literally.

nekkibasara repped this.
  13. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks Footy!

14. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to his Dad, (contrary to Ruhr Nachrichten's reports) Junior Flores will stay in Germany after the Turkey camp.
    419608543135006720 is not a valid tweet id

15. Woody317

Woody317 New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Can somebody who's seen a few BVB II games let me know how Mustafa Amini has been going recently? It looks like he's been playing regularly but is he doing well enough to perhaps push for a debut in the first team? Will he get a look in during the friendlies coming up? Also is he playing as a number 10 like he was before he left Australia or has he been shifted deeper in midfield?

It shows how weak Australia's squad is going to be but if Amini can play well for BVB II and get a few sub appearances in the first team he'd be a big chance of going to Brazil.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Unterhaching defeated BVB II in the 90th min 2-1 yesterday.

Marvin Ducksch scored our only goal. Received the cross, and controlled it well with his chest and then volleyed it accurately top corner. 10th on the season in 3.Liga. Goal @ 1:46 Here
    He did leave the game just before halftime, appeared to have hurt his leg but report that it's nothing serious.

Other Notables:

-Jeremy Dudziak had his first 3.Liga start. Played at LB
    -Mitsuru Maruoka made his debut, subbing on in 2nd half

17. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Jeremy Dudziak <3 Im soo excited about this player, he might be our own Alaba. Kind of the same story, a player who can play in the middle but used as a left back. Fast and creative. I like him a lot. Can't wait to see him advance to the first team in 2-3 years.

footyfan1 and Epitome990 repped this.
  18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If our first team players keep dropping like flies, it might not take that long........ :eek:

19. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    A lot of 1995-born players have already made their debuts and even their breakthroughs in some of the top leagues so it could be quicker than 2-3 years. Some examples : Premier League - Januzaj and Gnabry. Bundesliga - Suele, Meyer, Goretzka, Kempf, Sarr, Stendera,Mukhtar,Green, Stark. In the J-League, Minamino is already turning into a big star. In League 1 - Rabiot and Martial.

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, but not every good prospect is a Gnabry or a Werner or a Meyer that can make an instant impact. Wouldn't you agree?

21. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Of course, I agree. I didn't say that I expect him to play in the first team right now. I just hope that he will advance to the first team squad sooner than ''in 2-3 years''. He is supposed to be finishing high school this spring so from then on he will concentrate fully on football.

footyfan1 repped this.
  22. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schmelzer n Durm will be the main obstacle of Dudziak as both are still relatively young but way more experienced. However, i see Dudziak as the 2nd LB behind Schmelzer in the next 4 years or so

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What? No love for Jannik Bandowski??? He's the one the locals seem to love.

I hear Klopp does too. Are these people wrong?

I hope Schmelzer is the one gone sooner rather than later. He's the most overrated player in the BL in my opinion.

BVB Previ and Kirsten19 repped this.
  24. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schmelzer is poor for an LB; I see him gets bullied alot on the left side and losing the ball too often

footyfan1 repped this.
  25. pmusial

pmusial New Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Poland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Joseph Gyau from Hoffenheim (USA) signs for Borussia Dortmund II. 2-years contract. He is 21, midfielder.