BVB II In The 3. Liga [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 7, 2012.

1. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Unfortunately, I dont see how Guenter will make it at Dortmund with 3 quality experienced not-going-anywhere CBs like Sokratis, Hummels and Subotic. Guenter is one of the 3 highest rated 1994 born CBs in Germany and after this season is over, he can't stay at 3 Liga level anymore. He will look to move - maybe on loan at first but then eventually permanently.

2. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The management could also put Sokratis as a permanent RB backup, so they can give the 3rd CB spot to marian sarr or Gunther. But as Keith said I don't see them putting Sokratis as a backup for any spot; he will be used for rotation

MatthausSammer repped this.
  3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Guys, what makes you think BVB won't eventually carry four CB's on the roster?? I do believe one of them will be able to backup for at least one of the wingback positions.

Also, even though they both recently extended, don't expect Hummels and Subotic to stay around forever.........

MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Another dominant performance by Ducksch. 2 goals, including the game winner in BVB II's win over Hansa Rostock.

5. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Any one got a link for the 3.bundesliga table?

6. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Vasu repped this.
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Strong performance by Tammo Harder with 2 goals today in BVB II's 4-0 win over Hallescher.

footyfan1 repped this.
  9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the information!!

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ducksch ties the game up in the 86 min against Holstein Kiel. Goal tally now up to 7 in 12 games. No doubt would be much higher but Klopp is calling him up to the big club almost every other week so he's constantly adjusting.

The kid's a big fish in a small pond right now in the 3rd Liga. A short term loan in January to a smaller BuLi or 2Liga team would be a good idea IMO to test out his ability on a higher level and give him more consistency.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Totally disagree. What constant adjustment are you talking about? Playing to the bench?

No young player is going to learn to be a starter at Borussia Dortmund loaned out somewhere else. Take a look at recent times. Players who get loaned out from BVB RARELY return to play any real role with the Bundesliga club. Ducksch is still with the club because they truly see him as part of the future. He'll learn more about how we play training every day with our club than he will somewhere else.

The conventional idea isn't always the best idea........

Zarastro repped this.
  12. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @footy I couldn't agree more. Ducksch is only 19 years old, he has still a lot of time to mature. There is no need to rush things.

He might get some time with the 1st team once we have secured the direct CL qualification next year, but for now, he needs to demonstrate consistency first.

footyfan1 repped this.
  13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    BVB Previ and Zarastro repped this.
  14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly. He will get his chance. Just not as fast as so many would like to see it.

15. DaBuzzerBeater

Dec 2, 2013
    Brighton
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    So loan him out........come back in 3 years. Simple

Looks like Dortmund are buying a few strikers tho so he will never really be a 1st choice anyway

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As stated above, a player doesn't learn to play Klopp's style somehere else. He learns it training under Klopp's tutelage.

Nothing is ever as "simple" as it seems. And I feel for you being a FCN fan. I still have a soft spot for FCN myself. They were my "local team" for close to 20 years.

If BVB were ever to loan Ducksch out, I would love it to be to FCN. However, BVB doesn't loan out players they actually see in their future.

17. DaBuzzerBeater

Dec 2, 2013
    Brighton
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Thx

But staying another 3-4 years in Dortmund doesn't mean he will have a future for Dortmund though. It only means another super talented prospect has become mediocre. Watzke has already stated he wants CFs for the team, doubt Ducksch is anything more than a 3rd option. The way I see it, not even 2nd striker has enough chances to play nowadays so lets forget about the 3rd option. So Ducksch's future (as long as he's with Dortmund) should be playing in 3rd Bundesliga and I think that's a waste of time. The key for his age is not learning from a particular coach but to play more regularly at higher level. Being a 2nd/3rd choice CF n playing in 3BL or starts occasionally VS lower division teams in DFb Pokal won't help Ducksch's development. Totally understand teams are not responsible for their young players' development. But I doubt Dortmund see a future in Ducksch when they're looking for multiple strikers in the market.

No panic button on Ducksch yet, since he is still relatively young. But 19 isn't THAT young for a wonderkid striker. If Dortmund want to see a future in him, they have to loan him out n let him play at higher level. Playing "Dortmund style" football in 3rd Bundesliga is time wasting.

If Ducksch joins Nurnberg, Ducksch can be our supporting striker with Drmicat left wing; Ginczek who is probably our 2nd best player in the roster can remain playing at CF, but he is very injury prone anyway

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you know it isn't that the HYPE over the "super-talented prospect" was unwarranted to begin with??!

This is an issue I have with fans and media alike. Because a player is super-hyped and called every great name in the book, it does not make this true! If every kid the German media and German fans made out to be a "super talent" actually panned out, Germany would have ten straight World Cups!

If Ducksch were really as "super-talented" as the hype machine makes him out to be, there would be no talk of new strikers in Dortmund and Lewandowski would already be gone.

Let me make this as clear as I possibly can.

MARVIN DUCKSCH IS NOT READY TO BE A CONSISTENTLY EFFECTIVE PLAYER AT THE BUNDESLIGA LEVEL. SENDING HIM TO ANOTHER CLUB ISN'T GOING TO MAKE HIM READY.

Marvin Ducksch showed a lot when he beat out Schieber for the #2 spot on the team at the start of the season. But judging by what's happened since, Schieber has won this spot back.

Let's look at the last striker Dortmund had who was labeled a "super talent" and the masses screamed he had to be loaned out for his own good.

You should know him. His name is Daniel Ginzeck.

Ginzeck is good, but nowhere near what people were predicting for him during his days as an amateur at BVB. It wasn't that BVB somehow "ruined" him either. It was that he wasn't as good as he was hyped up to be to begin with! Again, Ginzeck is good. I think he has the opportunity to be REALLY GOOD. But again, he's is not anywhere near as good as people thought he was going to be at this point. Even with being loaned out for three or four seasons so he could play more.

Besides playing styles, the major difference between Ginzeck and Ducksch is that Ginzeck didn't have the patience to do things BVB's way. Ducksch so far has. Ducksch stated when he extended his contract with BVB through 2018 that he trusts the club with his future and he knows he's a part of their future plans.

You doubt. You doubt. You doubt. Watzke never said BVB would be looking for multiple strikers. He said we COULD bring in multiple strikers. I believe he only said this to try to throw people off the trail BVB truly is following. Which I believe is making a run at Edin Dzeko. But I don't know any more than you do. I would bet that I understand Watzke a bit better though.

Another thing. If we're going to continue to play a part in three competitions per year, yes, there will be time for the #2 striker to play in the future. This is what they had an eye on when they bought Schieber. However, Schieber hasn't shown he's worth a third of what we paid for him.

If you're so hot to have a BVB striker on loan, I'm pretty sure you can have Schieber back. I'm pretty sure you and I both totally enjoyed his last stint at FCN. I think BVB would be open to loaning Schieber to FCN.

Back to Ducksch. If you think a young player can't develop and make the Bundesliga team at Borussia Dortmund, you really should look up Jonas Hofmann. He scored tonight in the cup match and saved our asses twice earlier in the season. People were telling him to leave too.......

You may doubt all you please. As long as Marvin Ducksch does not doubt, you can bet he will remain and develop at Borussia Dortmund. If they feel loaning him out is best for him, then they will loan him out without a buy option for the receiving club as they've just done with Moritz Leitner.

If Ducksch doubts, he can become the next Christian Timm, next Christopher Nöthe, or next Daniel Ginzeck.

Or he can be the first Marvin Ducksch. It is up to him and BVB. Not fans who seem to buy more into hype than where the kid actually is in his development.

"Wonderkid striker." That's your problem and the problem of most who cry that he should be loaned out. BVB doesn't see him as a "wonderkid striker." BVB sees him as a young man with loads of potential they want to bring along at their pace. And this is what they'll do as long as he agrees. So far, the young man agrees.

Just because a player has loads of "potential", it doesn't mean he will actually amount to anything. Ducksch is coming along well. He isn't rushing and BVB isn't going to rush him.

Not happening. As previously stated, I'm sure BVB would be open to loaning Schieber to you guys........ ;) :D

Zarastro repped this.
  19. DaBuzzerBeater

Dec 2, 2013
    Brighton
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    We dont need an one-n-out striker like Schieber. we have Ginczek, who is probably one of our top 3 players n Drmic can play both the left wing n Striker. Ducksch is an option for us simply because of his versatility like Drmic's.

Agree Ginczek is a good player, and i m not saying this jsut because of his silver boot In 2nd Bundesliga last season. It's incredible that a player at 6-foot-3 can move and dribble so well, always gets himself into good position too. Dribbled pass 4 defenders and scored last week!

If Ducksch could play regularly as Ginczek does in 2-3 seasons, Dortmund fans should be pleased. Ginczek has came a long way, this is an era which is particularly difficult for young strikers when veteran are always preferred n teams don't really play with two strikers in their lineup anymore. So being loaned out to a 2nd Bundesliga team n gain experience until he got his silver boot might make Ginczek more "proven" than other young strikers at similar age

20. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #45 Zarastro, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Yes, yes it is. Lewandowski was playing for Znicz Pruszków when he was 19 years old, a 3rd division club in Poland. Not everyone is a Götze you know, especially if he suffers a serious injury like Ducksch did.

There was a short interview with Ducksch two months ago, in which he explicitly stated that he completely trusts Dortmund's management and that he already had some very constructive talks with Klopp, who was apparently one of the reasons why Ducksch extended his contract.

I know you are desperate for a good German striker, but have a bit of faith in Dortmund's management. Didn't they prove with Durm and Jonas that they are willing to give young players a chance? Klopp insisted that Ducksch still needs more practice after the Cup-Game in august which is why he is still playing with the 3rd team. I mean what do you want? Do you expect Klopp to throw Ducksch in at the deep end when the whole season his at risk and when the pressure could not be higher? I am sure that if continues to perform he'll get the opportunity next year once the pressure is lower, but now is not the time.

Who says that he is going to play for the 2nd for the next 2-3 years? He'll get his chance once he earned it, I mean you ought to admit that Dortmund apparently know who can fulfill their standards and who don't. Which is why Klopp supported Durm and Hofmann when everyone was talking about Leitner and Bittencourt and which is why the latter are currently not playing for us. Who knows, it might go a lot faster than we expect.

No one knows Dortmund's strategy, this is all speculation at best. Maybe they are looking for one "big" signing e.g. Dzeko, maybe they are looking for several.

If everything goes as planned, then Klopp will be around at Dortmund for quite some time. So Ducksch should really try to learn from him. And Ducksch has explicitly stated that Klopp talks with him regularly about his development.

Maybe we should have given you Durm and Hofmann too 5 months ago. Nice try though.

If Ducksch ends up in the same position as Ginczek, I'd argue that something went wrong. If Ducksch is as good as many claim, he'll get his chance under Klopp. If he merely wants to be a mediocre striker, he'll make his luck at a decent Bundesliga club.

Edit: Look, my problem is that you are sounding as if Dortmund was deliberately stalling his career, when the exact opposite is true. They just want to give him proper time to develop and I would not be surprised if one of the reasons for making Lewandowski stay was the hope that Ducksch would continue his development during this year.

And finally, I'd like you to consider this: Schmelzer was, according to footy, rumoured to be a "sacred cow" and no player could hope to get a fair shot. Now tell me, how many games did Durm already play this season? Sure, he was "lucky" that Schmelzer got an injury, but who says that there won't be any opportunity for Durm. And even if Durm can't live up to the expectations, he certainly won't regret this year. Playing for the CL victor of 2014 (ok being a bit optimistic here) doesn't look too bad in your CV.:);)

21. DaBuzzerBeater

Dec 2, 2013
    Brighton
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Ginczek is not a mediocre signing from us.

He has some rare combination. A striker with size, skill, composure, intelligence n good finishing ability. Definitely worth more than 2mil for someone who had a very successful loan spell just last season.

I m confident Ginczek will have a bright future with us. At least he'll be playing regularly, week-in week-out. If Ducksch plays that regularly for Dortmund in 2-3 seasons, Ducksch himself should be surprised, Dortmund will play their 1st option Striker (whoever that will be) 45 games a season like Lewandowski did last year.

Ginczek has a good package, and glad u sold him for just 2mil. A better player than Schieber in my opinion

22. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree, he seems to be happy at Nürnberg and I honestly wish him the best. But he is just not good enough for Dortmund, which doesn't mean he can't be decent or even good BL player.

Lewandowski only played so much because his replacement (Schieber) was just not good enough. If Ducksch can live up to his hype, he might see regular BL action starting with next season. I really don't understand why you are insisting that Dortmund is not giving Ducksch a fair chance when there are recent examples like Hofmann and Durm with whom the opposite is the case.

Here is another point: We are not Bayern, we are not permanently damaging the career of young talents. If we see that they are not good enough, they get either sold for an appropiate price (Ginczek) or loaned out (e.g. Leitner). Ducksch won't be stuck in the 2nd team for the next 3 years if he really is what many see in him.

footyfan1 repped this.
  23. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Kirsten, did you make a new account? :D

footyfan1 repped this.
  24. DaBuzzerBeater

Dec 2, 2013
    Brighton
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Huh??

Just posting here because we signed an ex-Dortmund II player this summer in Daniel Ginczek

25. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    You sound like @Kirsten19 . You are praising Ginczek at every opportunity and you are saying that Ducksch should go out on loan instead of staying at Dortmund. Also, you use ''n'' instead of ''and''. A lot of similarities and those are just your first posts here.

footyfan1 repped this.