BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Hahahaha....and yet you have no problem with other 1860 products like Sven or Moritz? Dude, that shows how much you know about the development of Volland versus Bender or Leitner. Volland is EVERY BIT as ready to develop into just that type of player. Footy knows this because he follows 1860 and has followed and watched Volland play for the last few years. The kid has serious potential.

You guys developed Sahin. You developed Bender, Kagawa, Guengodan, Leitner and others. You telling me BVB is not in a position to further develop decent talent? Please.:confused::rolleyes: None of those players were any better than Volland is right now when they joined BVB. Only through Kloop bringing them further along and giving them a shot have they developed into the players they are now. THAT is what has made BVB great the past two years....and it pisses Bayern off. First, because they truly cannot afford to develop young players, and second, they suck at developing young players. Bayern would rather buy them.

But you're right. Bring back Barrios. He's what you really need.:rolleyes:

2. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have always wondered this and figured BvB would be in this position. Barrios was discontent with the bench though, but IMO he should have been given game time alongside Lewa, as he was equally as effective the year before Lewa stole the show.

Likewise i feel BvB are lucky Santana hasn't moved as if an injury were to occurr to Hummels/Subotic then there might have been some trouble for BvB at the back.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait. What "position" is BVB in? Lewandowski hasn't left yet. He isn't injured.

Even if something like that does happen, BVB is betting they can do something with Julian Schieber. Schieber may not be Barrios, but he's not chopped liver either. He is one of the top rated young German strikers.

Also, if Lewandowski does leave, there's the money that will come in for him and a transfer period to do something with it.

And if Bayern keeps talking the shit they do, some guy named Mario Gomez might be available.

You guys are really getting ahead of yourselves.

No Barrios was not "as effective" in his great season as Lewa was last season. Lewa's overall game is better than Barrios'. Barrios couldn't deal with that and asked to leave. And believe me, I was and still am a Barrios fan. My last BVB shirt bought had Lucas' name and number.

However, I can clearly see Barrios wasn't as good as Lewa.

Barrios also made it impossible for BVB to keep him around.

I can't see where anything has happened to make anyone with a rational mind even consider selling Barrios "a mistake."

This reminds me of the f#cking bullshit we heard for a lot of last season. How it was such a "mistake" to have let Sahin get away.

That was bulls#it and so is this.

I laughed at people who wrote us off because "We'd never be the same without Sahin."

We weren't the same. We were better!

We won a title without Lucas Barrios doing jack shit. We'll be fine now that he's gone.

Dude, I expect silly stuff from "BVB1989." He doesn't know any better. I'm surprised this stuff is coming from you.

This is why BVB worked hard to keep Santana around. Santana is the player they knew we couldn't afford to let go.

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've called for us to get Volland and have written the club about it more than five times. Maybe not ten.

I'm all right with having Scheiber right now. I think Schieber is the better guy right now, but I believe Volland is going to be the better player in the long run.

Spot f#cking on.

Dude, you haven't been here long enough to know the guy is going to say silly shit quite a bit?

5. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Footy, what do you think of Marvin Ducksch?

I have never seen him play, but his numbers in the A-Jugend and Regionalliga show he has a nose for goal and can come off the bench to make a difference.

Looks like he's been getting some time for Dortmund II in the 3. Liga recently.

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have only got to see him play a few times (on downloads), but he seems to be the real deal.

People believe the purchase of Julian Schieber is why BVB sold Terrence Boyd. I don't think that is the only reason. I believe the major reason is BVB management believes Ducksch has the potential to be our top striker down the road.

I also believe Schieber could even be a "filler" until Ducksch is ready.

Just my opinion though.

Kirsten19 and The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ducksch is also going to be out until the winterpause due to injury.

8. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully Dortmund II stay in the 3. Liga so he can develop fully, Germany could really use some quality strikers in the near future. Seems to me that it is a big step up from any of the Regionalligas to the 3. Liga.

I think that you have solid logic with Schieber being a filler, he doesn't seem like he is quite at the level that Dortmund needs to play lone striker yet. However, I believe he is definitely quality depth and could improve greatly under Klopp this season.

9. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ouch, what a shame.

10. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    First of all you don't understand me properly. Its quite a difference to bring another kid and rotate him in midfield or put him in the spotlight and score goals in almost every Bundesliga game, cup and champions league. Has Volland experienced something like that? Lewandowski had a lot of problems at the start of his career at BVB. Thats my only point.

And we haven't developed Leitner yet! He's good but I feel he's not ready yet.

11. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Thanks for the explanation lol.

I still beg to differ on the Barrios affair, alongside the fact that Scheiber is a top rated German striker, but hey we all have opinions.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I meant to mention this and forgot to. Thanks for the catch!! :thumbsup:

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm sorry for my irriation during the response.

You're leaving out one word on what I said about Schieber.

I said one of the top-rated YOUNG German strikers.

Key word being "young." And that, he still is. At least I still consider 23 to be "young."

Don't forget, Julian Scheiber was well on his way to a national team call-up at Nuernberg until he was forced to return to Stuttgart. If we can get Schieber back to his Nuernberg form, we will be in good shape.

I think it helps that we have one of Schieber's FCN teammates on our squad. Ikay Gundogan.

I agree to disagree with you on Barrios. Only time will give us that answer. I do know this. I'd rather have that Barrios transfer fee money in the bank and Schieber on our bench than an annoying, disgruntled, big-mouthed, self-centered and frankly f#cking whiny Lucas Barrios on our bench.

The Bavarian Oak and Cris 09 repped this.
  14. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Fair enough.

I was just thinking of Dortmund in the CL, as i really hope they do well this year, and having Barrios in the squad might have helped somewhat in terms of experience etc.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What?? Really???

Dude, what CL experience does Lucas Barrios have that any of our other strikers doesn't have??

Barrios was there for the failure just like the rest of them. His "experience" didn't help then.

And guess what? Scheiber actually has slightly more CL "experience" than Barrios!

Schieber has played in 6 CL matches, including 3 qualifiers with Stuttgart. Barrios has played in 3 CL matches.

Where Barrios does have Schieber beaten "experience-wise" is the Europa League. Barrios has seven appearances to Schieber's one in that competition.

Now, are those differnces really great enough to make any real difference??

I don't see where Barrios has any "experience" advantage over Schieber.

Hell, Barrios even only has 5 more Bundesliga appearances than Schieber does. That "advantage" for Barrios will be erased this season.

What's more, Schieber has made his appearances for two different clubs.

Am I saying Schieber is a better player than Barrios? No. Barrios is definitely better than Schieber. Far better.

However, Barrios wasn't happy to be in Dortmund as the #2 striker. He wasn't happy and he created distractions by bitching and crying in the media.

Schieber is happy to be in Dortmund as #2 and potentially heir apparent to Lewandowski.

That's the major difference for me. I still love Lucas Barrios myself. However, I know what he did and I know exactly why he's no longer in Dortmund. And I'm fine with it.

Kirsten19 and HarveyDent repped this.
  16. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    spot fxcking on

17. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    give Schieber more time to blend in

Lewandowski wasnt that impressive at CF when he first joined and wasted so many chances too

Schieber's game will be a lot different to Lewandowski or Barrios'. I dont think he'll ever be as prolific, but he can help in a number of ways. He has good vision n creativity for a striker, he has a more powerful game than the others, apparently Schieber is a long shot threat

But i agree Ducksch will be a potential answer in the long run. Great size for that CF spot, can shoot equally well with both foot, very good fundamental, great first touch/finishing and has that predatory instinct

Rate him much higher than Benkarit, who really disappointed me in every game of him i saw in the U17 Euro

18. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

No, no, no lol. That is not what i meant when i said "experience"! I think i should have used a different term! :confused:

By "experience" it is quite obvious none of the Dortmund team have any/much CL experience. What i meant was that say Dortmund are playing in the CL (against what will most likely be teams that have experience having played at that level for a few years, or are genuine top teams), and are losing or need to change tactics, Barrios is a player you can come off the bench and has enough quality to go up against opposition in this scenario. You can argue he is not on Lewa's level but he is good enough for the CL. In that way he is more of an experienced striker, where TBH IMO Scheiber just isn't on that level. Yeh he might be in the futre etc but not for the CL this year.

This therefore takes me back to my original point that for me taking the CL into account i personally feel Dortmund are short on the Striker front.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The difference between Scheiber and Barrios isn't so great that we needed to keep an unhappy player who was causing distractions.

We're not doing as well as we are because we are the most talented team in all areas. We do as well as we are because we're the most cohesive team.

We have the best team chemistry. Our guys truly get along with each other AND PUT THE TEAM FIRST!

Lucas Barrios quit doing this once he lost the starting striker position.

So no. I don't agree that it would have been best to keep Barrios around just because he's better than Schieber right now.

There are far more things to consider than "who is better right now?" The major thing being "who is better for THE TEAM right now?"

I believe between Barrios and Schieber, that answer is Schieber. Based on team chemistry issues alone. Not to mention that even if you take the Scheiber transfer fee from the Barrios fee, we still also made 4M Euros.

Which is what we paid for Barrios in the first place........

20. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do you guys think of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang if Lewandowski moves on after this season?

French-born Gabon international. Technically competent striker. 23 years old.

16 goals and 11 assists last season in Ligue 1 for a mid-table team. 3 goals 3 assists in 4 games for Gabon in the 2012 AFC.

Continuing better than he left off this season with 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 Ligue 1 games.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/pierre-emerick-aubameyang/profil/spieler_58864.html

Artur Sobiech might emerge as another option too if he continues his progress over the course of this season...

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No real comments on this because it is far too soon for me to consider what BVB might do if the situation even comes to pass........

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another article attempting to link Robert Lewandowski with Bayern. Must be an international week. :cool:

[​IMG]

I've heard some rumors from people after this one saying BVB is considering selling him during the winter break.

What a joke! I guess those people don't realize he has another season left on his contract after the current season.

Lewa will play out this entire season. If he doesn't extend with us, that's when we'll sell him.

If he has a season like he did last season, there will be a bidding war for his services. If Lewandowski doesn't extend, this is what he's counting on and this is what BVB is counting on.

Unlike Kagawa, Lewandowski is not tying BVB's hands. Kagawa screwed us out of millions when he decided he would only join Manchester United.

Robert Lewandowski did not say "I want to go to Bayern." He said he would leave that option open.

While many don't like that Lewandowski is really considering leaving, Robert Lewandowski is saying and doing all the right things to set BVB up to receive a huge transfer fee if he does leave. The only thing the guy has done "wrong" in my opinion is apparently agree to personal terms with Bayern if they can get a deal done with BVB.

Other than that, as far as I'm concerned, we can't ask for much more. The guy has every right to leave.

I'll only hate him if he joins Bayern or Scheisse.........

Gunning4Chelsea repped this.
  23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who does Lewa replace Gomez? REALLY? Footy you and I bboth don't want this.

24. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i am ********ing done talking about this until next summer.....I still hope he extends...I want BVB to a be a perennial CL contender...football needs more well-run clubs....

25. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lewa played as AM (when Kagawa got injured) in the second half of his first season..he played CF mostly as a sub and occasional starter....