BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree with you. People actually writing as if Kirch is a long-term, viable option is little more than a f#cking joke.

Kehl isn't going to play the same role next season. He's basically going to be on a retirement tour and a glorified backup.

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But guys like him think young players should go where they are just handed playing time. Not where they have to fight for it.

This might explain why so many young players feel like they are "entitled" to play so much these days.......

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kirch gets paid a pittance. Funds are not an issue with him. The main things Kirch seems to have going for him are that he is cheap, he's a local guy, he has a hot wife, Klopp loves him (or maybe his wife, LOL!), and he's popular with the fans.

Notice. None of the things I listed have anything to do with how he can help the team win on the field of play..........

OK. I would not say Ginter cannot play the Hummels role simply because he isn't asked to at Freiburg. Nor would I simply go by stats.

But OK........

What's the difference between playing both at a "big club" and playing both at SC Freiburg?

One of the answers is, "At the big club, he's surrounded by better talent." This is the key to Ginter's success at two positions. But I wouldn't mind if he's strictly a CB.......

4. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I love reading a great post from you after you have had a cup of coffee or three :D

footyfan1 repped this.
  5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I actually need more caffeine even though I'm at the end of my work day. What got me fired up was that "same old, same old", from our friend "Kirsten19."

Not many can still get me fired up like that. And as you might remember, when I had more time, it was far worse! LOL!!

Berchtesgaden repped this.
  6. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    elber was such a fantastic player for us

7. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not to mention that if Ginter has any ambition of playing for the German NT, he'll need to join a club like Dortmund, considering the competition he faces on the CB position.

footyfan1 repped this.
  8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes. This too. I'm sure Löw has told Ginter joining a club who can provide him with consistent European football and who contends for titles should be his next stop.

9. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good try!

Lahmfan repped this.
  10. Gunderson

Gunderson Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Ginter will get decent playing time if he comes to Dortmund. He's still 20, which is pretty early in the development of a CB, and doesn't need a ton of minutes.

There's about 50 games in a season, and if he plays at both CB and CDM, I think he'll get about 5-10 starts and 10-15 appearances. Injuries are bound to happen, and then he'll see even more playing time.

Just training with the Dortmund first team and under Klopp will do wonders for him.

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I find it bizarre that Klopp had to answer questions about him joining United every time I got in front of a mike. Even Hummels has been linked to United. To be fair every player who turns in a MoM performance is linked to United.

12. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    Was he asked at the PK today?

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    He was asked it the other day and responded with something like, "I find it odd that I have to turn down an offer that has not been made, but I am very happy in Dortmund and plan to stay here."

14. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....like a white guy in a horror movie...I better investigate!!

upload_2014-4-25_8-46-7.png

bvbSlash and LoewenBoy repped this.
  15. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    every player under the sun will be linked to Man U for the next 6 months.

16. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    And the irony is that some are blaming Glazer for Moyes....but will want him to,open his check book event further to bring in a ton of new, high-priced players.

17. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    The Guardian's report from today or yesterday says that man utd intend to respect klopp's stated wish to remain in dortmund. They put van gaal at the top; followed by ancelotti. The others they talk about with seriousness are simeone and blanc.

18. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Gunderson

Gunderson Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't get it, doesn't Barca have a ban on transfers? I highly doubt Hummels is going anywhere this summer or next.

21. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
  22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's lifted for this summer. If Hummels wants to leave for Barça, Barcelona better bring the cash and Watzke better make the most of his leverage. I'm not worried though. Hummels has shown very good loyalty to this point.

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Technically it wasn't lifted as much as it was set aside because FIFA is hearing their "appeal" (Read: FIFA will act like they are investigating, will accept a check from Barca and all will be forgiven).

If you read press going back to October, there are loads of "reports" of him having agreed to terms with Barca for around 37m. So the rumors continue. ;)

24. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    You think there is a decent chance of it being corrct?

25. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hummels is staying.