BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope he is. But I don't know if we can keep him for long. He maybe a gun but could very well be just a hired gun. I wish we had bought Eriksen. He's been the one bright star in Spurs squad all season long. They can build a squad around him. He is exactly the kind of player we needed and we will need if we can't get Kagawa.

2. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This Ginter deal would make a lot of sense and would be good for all sides...

I don't think Dortmund will sell Mkhitaryan. That is a sort of thing Real Madrid would do after one season, but not Dortmund. Maybe I'm wrong...

3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    ...and just to add fuel to the fire, BVB scouts were seen at last weekend's 1860 game. Assumably to watch Osako.

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can easily imagine life at BVB without Klopp. I think anyone who was a fan before he came along can.

Once upon a time, no one ever thought we'd win anything again once Ottmar Hitzfeld left town.

We have.

Borussia Dortmund was a great club long before Juergen Klopp ever arrived.

And we'll be one long after he's gone.........

HarveyDent, Zarastro, BVB Previ and 2 others repped this.
  5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's showing signs of coming around. I think the way he let the team down against Real Madrid was possibly his lowest point and quite possibly the motivation to get his head out of his ass and start being the player we paid so handsomely for.

Vlad S. and Bazi repped this.
  6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!!!

Vlad S. repped this.
  7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You want to sell Mkhitaryan just when he's starting to fulfil his potential?

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SCF's comments are simply to try to raise Ginter's price. It has been a well-used tactic since there have been these types of transfers man.

I'm betting Matthias Ginter will not be a SC Freiburg player next season. However, there is no guarantee he will join BVB either.

One of the best sources here says there is another club in the mix. Who this club is, the person didn't tell us.

However, as per your comments, it is definitely a club who can offer Ginter more guaranteed playing time.

I think we can offer Ginter enough playing time. I just think it won't be "guaranteed playing time" and he would play at two positions.

Kehl will more than likely be little more than a glorified backup next season. Gundogan still might not play again. And if he does, he may never be close to the same. Bender can't stay fit for more than three weeks at a time to save his life.

Kirch? You're joking right? A couple of good matches does not make him an actual viable planning option.

If Gundogan can't make it back, Sahin and Jojic would rotate at that "8" position with Bender and Ginter rotating at the "6" and Kehl filling in when the others can't play.

That's just DM.

At CB, with a bigger roster next season, Klopp is going to have to rotate more. I can easily see Klopp fielding two CB "teams" of Hummels and Subotic and Sokratis and Ginter. Ginter would play the "Hummels" role with Sokratis.

There are ways to get Matthias Ginter playing time with Borussia Dortmund. Again, it just won't be guaranteed playing time. Not the sort of time clubs like Leverkusen and Gladbach could offer him.........

And this is why I said before there is no guarantee Ginter winds up in Dortmund. But again, we can get him enough time to seriously consider joining us.

Not to mention CL football.........

Zarastro and Vlad S. repped this.
  9. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7609 Nick (SATVLog), Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

Gundogan, Sahin, Kirsch, and Jojic really don't play the same position....Kehl has one foot onto a beach were he can relax with his family, and Bender can't stay fit..... He is better than Sahin, Kirsch Kehl, and Jojic, and Dortmund really do need a 4th CB..see the Marian Sarr/Freidrich vs. Bayern Munich fiasco...

10. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think he has a future as a #10...not creative enough, not good enough in tight spaces...if he can't work as a central midfielder don't really see his value...If dortmund could sell him for over 20 and get Firmino, calhanoglu, or kagawa back....in the long term it will be better

...and honestly I question how high his ceiling is...don't see an elite player at best very good

11. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to Ruhrnachrichten, the transfer of Ginter to Dortmund is all but through.

That would be really awesome... .

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It would be for the reasons I stated before. I think you used them in your comments.

However, let's be clear that RN only speculated on a deal with us. Didn't they say "based on information they have", Ginter has decided to transfer and "based on information they have", Ginter has agreed (presumably on contract terms) with us?

I don't mean to doubt the quality of RN's speculation. They are spot on most of the time when they do go this far.

However, until both sides confirm, I'm wary of this. I really trust the person who said there is another club involved.

Hopefully, we've made Ginter an offer he can't refuse.

For me, it will go a long way to easing the pain/anger I felt when Goretzka decided to move to Scheisse.

I don't blame BVB Management for this. They tried all they could with Goretzka.

Getting Ginter would more than make up for losing Goretzka for me.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know where his ceiling is either. I am hoping Mkhitaryan is a guy Klopp can get to play over his head.

Let's see if Mkhitaryan continues his stellar play of the last couple of matches. I think how he ends this season is very important for his development.........

14. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    But why would Ginter like to come over when he clearly is a 3rd or 4th option when he can be a strating CB elsewhere? Gladbach(also interested) hv provided a better situation for him, also a club on the rise

A rising star of his age, match practice is important. U don't wanna be rotten on the bench and hope ur competitors get injured so that u can have match practice. Such move will hurt his career more than helping

15. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    love

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am basing this on his projected performance over 2 years not what he has accomplished. More often than not he has been disappointing. Our team has become very direct. Directness works in the CL because most teams tend to play a high line in order to win the midfield battle. But against weaker opposition in the league, that becomes a problem with teams sitting deep and around the periphery of the box. What do you do then? You need someone who is creative and can unlock defences by dribbling, hold-up and incisive passing. Sure Miki has done that but it isn't his strength. Lewandowski and Reus have done that too but that's not their specialty. That's the job of a pure no. 10 and we don't have someone like that. This is very evident by the fact that weak teams come out and attack we thrash them 5-0. When they defend deep and counter attack, we lose or draw because we are using direct players going 1 on 2 and 1 on 3 and losing the ball.

If Liverpool want him bad they'd be willing to pay 27.5. I'd be happy to recoup the money and get a creative player or two to bolster that no. 10 position. Unless JK decides to switch to a 4-3-3 (which he just might) I don't see Miki becoming the valuable player we need him to be.

Nick (SATVLog) repped this.
  17. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As mentioned, he will have plenty of match practice across three competitions and Kehl/Kirch being far from first choice and question marks all over Ilkay.

He will get invaluable experience in his favorite club that other clubs may not be able to provide. There is no way a player like him would turn down such an opportunity.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree with most of what you said except a few things:

1) I don't want Kirsch on the squad any more than you do. He's just an old guy sucking up our limited funds. I'd rather keep a younger guy who can learn.

2) Ginter cannot play the Hummels role. If he could, then Ginter would be the next Beckenbauer. Sokratis is a better attacking CB than Ginter.....by quite a margin and this is despite Ginter playing as a CM at times at SCF.

3) I am not convinced that Ginter can play both roles at a big club. He does have the skill set but the role of a central defensive midfielder is quite different to that of a central defender. The idiots at Barcelona keep making the same mistake year after year with players who were more than moderately successful at their previous clubs.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Ginter joins us, Kehl and Kirsch should be offered season passes to the Sudtribune.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL I didn't exactly feel that way about Hitzfield but it was close. He didn't exactly develop younsters and unpolished gems and he didn't get along with everybody. Didn't we all feel like the club was trying too hard to punch above its weight? Maybe it was the losses to Juve and then the victory where we thought that nothing would take us away from being an European elite. But the main reason why I didn't feel the same about Hitzfield was that the internet wasn't what it is today and neither were international broadcast of football news so living far away from Germany meant I didn't get the inside scoop like I do today with Klopp at the helm.

Coaches like Klopp, Simeone, Garcia, Conte and Martinez are a rare breed. Until we can boast top 5 revenue status we need coaches like them to get us there.

21. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Still........with players like Kehl, Sven Bender, Kirch, Guendogan, Jojic, Nuri Sahin. this combination of players may play up tp 50 games a season especially when they only need 2 DM/CMs, and there a re 7 players rotating. Guendogan may miss some part of next season but still there is a logjam at DM already

Interesting fact is Ginter's best position is CB, and he cant play unless someone is injured:

Hummels-Subotic (30 games a season)
    Sokratis - Hummes (15 games)
    Subotic - Sokratis (10 games)

I dunno how many games left for Ginter as a 4th CB

Rotation means no guarantee playing time. If i was Ginter, i wouldnt make such risky move when other clubs may offer better playign time n guarantee match practice.

I m not against Dortmund buying Ginter apparently, but i just wonder why would Ginter come.

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To be frank, if he can't beat out Kehl and Kirch for playing time, I don't want him here, Gündoğan's injury could be career-altering, Jojic is inexperienced, and Sven Bender is really injury-prone. If he's not getting game time one way or another, he's at fault, not Dortmund.

footyfan1 repped this.
  23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    He wasn't at Sechzig. What did you do to him? :cool:

24. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Moreover Subotic will surely be affected by his long inability to play and it will take time become the player he was before his injury. Piszczek for example has still not regained his old form despite haviing suffered from a less severe injury.

Hummels said that after the EC 2012, he really needed a break but Dortmund could not afford benching him. I am sure there would be opportunities for Ginter.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know. Let's see, there is..........

Champions' League Football

Playing at clearly one of the two biggest clubs in his country.

Playing in front of over 80,000 fans each home match.

To have the chance to actually WIN SOMETHING.

Playing for who is recognized as the most player-friendly coach in not only Germany, but possibly all of Europe.

Oh, did I mention Champions' League Football??

I really can't see why he would want all of this over GLADBACH!

Man please!!!! Stop it!

Apparently, Ginter does not feel the way you do. Apparently, Ginter has already rejected your "club on the rise."

Also, Gladbach's "rises" never seem to get them in the top three anymore. This isn't the 70s or 80s. Who the f#ck thinks Gladbach is actually going to contend with Bayern and Borussia at the top of the table?? The signings they've made will help land them comfortably somewhere between the top four and mid-table. Gladbach has done nothing to make me think they'll be any closer to us next season.

Ginter at BVB? I think this would put us a bit closer to actually challenging Bayern again. You know? Since we've actually challenged Bayern in recent memory?

Along the way, we've managed to win two titles, a German Cup and made the CL Final and Quarterfinals? Gladbach's latest finishes?

15th, 12th, 16th, 4th, 8th and are currently 6th after having beaten hapless FCN, drawing with Stuttgart and getting their asses kicked by Ginter's Freiburg in their last three matches!!

Not to mention, they have to go visit Scheisse 04 this coming weekend. If Gladbach loses to Scheisse (I hope Gladbach wins) and Mainz and Augsburg both win, (they play FCN and HSV respectively), Mainz will knock Gladbach down to 7th place and Augsburg will be just 3 points behind Gladbach.

Only thanks to us and Bayern making the Cup Final, does Gladbach still have a good chance of making Europe next season if this scenario happens.

Do you realize Gladbach is a team who has won just 3 of their last 16 freakin' matches? Yeah, one was over us, but we also had our minds on our upcoming CHAMPIONS' LEAGUE match at that time.

You think guys like Fabian Johnson and Andre Hahn are going to turn this around?? Really?

Yeah. Why would Ginter choose a club like Borussia Dortmund over that "club on the rise?!" :rolleyes:

I'll bet guys like Johnson and Hahn, who have already signed with them for next season, wish they could get out of their commitments.

You know what? If Ginter were to change his mind and join Gladbach, I would understand.

I would laugh at him and probably call him a coward too. But I would understand...... ;) :D

I've already stated how Ginter will get match practice at two positions at BVB. But you seem to choose to ignore these points so you can just go on and on with this crap.

Players don't think the way you do. The sooner you realize this, the sooner the rest of us will be relieved of your constant whining.

BVB Previ, Berchtesgaden and Gundogan92 repped this.