BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And they won it!!!

2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    It was harder to win back to back European Cup titles back prior to 1990s because you had to play league winners and not some 4th place team.

To do that AND win your domestic league again was a milestone.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. I wasn't misunderstanding so much. This is where I slightly disagree because of the times.

If things in the football world were still as they were back during the European Cup times, I would tend to agree with you.

However, these days, with Bosman and the ways players move around, I don't think things are as simple as "Back then, it was just champions and now you've got some fourth place team."

These days, many clubs have the means to strengthen themselves quickly between the end of one season and the start of the next.

Add to this, the "non-champions" have caused some havoc since they've been allowed into the tournament.

If I recall a stat shown awhile back, seven clubs who were not their domestic champions have lifted the trophy, including the last two winners.

This is also where my "more pitfalls" comment was based.

This, I completely agree with.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it's easier to qualify for European spots for obvious reasons. The tournaments are longer. Also I think there's more parity in most leagues in general. Not much but just a tad more.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It looks like with David Moyes about to be sacked, Kagawa and the other MU folks are reconsidering moving to other clubs in the summer. There's even talk of MU brass trying to take Klopp away. Didn't they realize it would have been easier to persuade Pep?

6. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

7. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    KICKER: Dortmund will spend more than 30 million euros this summer!

Our main transfer target - Immobile!

Our second transfer target - Kagawa, who else. :cool:

Ruhrnachrichten says the Ginter deal is almost done, we are still discussing the transfer fee but both sides agreed for the move.

Ramos, Ginter, Immobile and Kagawa? BRILLIANT transfer window.

But lets stay calm, plenty of rumours going around, Kicker is a reliable source but we can't get ahead of ourselves. We will see what happens.

Leadcomic and Berchtesgaden repped this.
  8. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No way are we gonna get Ramos, Ginter, Immobile and Kagawa in 1 transferwindow lol. I hope the Ginter deal goes on though, I think he'd be great for us.

footyfan1 repped this.
  9. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the 2005 Liverpool rule.

10. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ginter deal MUST happen. Kagawa and Immobile would be great but again all emphasis on attacking players. Midfield needs to be reenforced, especially with Kehl age and possible Gündogan injuries.

And Immobile would be almost opposite of Ramos, more in-box type but infinitely better finisher. Good move.

11. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    I think that kicker have it the wong way round. Kagawa should be the main transfer target

12. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Immobile said he would like to play for Dortmund when asked about Atletico/Dortmund wanting him.

13. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Source?

14. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if I want a striker named "Immobile."

We've had a few of this type of guy. Didn't work out so well! LOL!! ;) :D

15. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    A Dutch website which quoted the Süddeutsche Zeitung.

PolishDortmund repped this.
  16. Leadcomic

Leadcomic Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Long Island
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Only problem with Immobile is he's in one of those stupid Seria A co-ownership deals and the other owner is... Juventus. I'm not sure Juve would let him go so easily or cheaply to a potential CL rival.

Also he's definitely a great poacher/clinical finisher but from what my Italian friend tells me, his his linkup play/playmaking sucks meaning it would be a drastic change from what we have with Lewy now. Also Drmic is faster from what I've seen and will probably be cheaper and is 3 years younger. Immobile is 24, one year younger than Lewy and this is his first big number season in a top division. Not saying I wouldn't want him just there a re both pros and cons to both him and Drmic. Both have upside(much more than Ramos) but we can't be sure who will become the better player at this point. Honestly Zorc maybe should have went for Drmic and Immobile and should have passed on Ramos, all 3 have had their big breakout seasons this year yet one is 21 another 24 and the last 28.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is exactly it. Why do we go from having 1 striker to 3!?!? I think the coaching staff wants to rotate and get these strikers to compete for a starting spot. In a way it makes sense Lewandowski was great at motivating himself and didn't need someone of the bench egging him on.

Immobile isn't all that immobile but he won't outpace Aubameyang....nobody in the BuLi can. But he is decent at hold up play, more suited to counter attacking football that Catania plays and he is also a dribbler, something we haven't had since Gotze left and his finishing is excellent.

His main weaknesses are that he doesn't have a ton of vision. I don't know if he has the intelligence to develop that chemistry with the rest of our squad.

18. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ducksch is rumored be loaned out to Frankfurt next season

Interesting since Klopp said Ducksch is in his plan, but obviously Watzke doesnt agree n he has proven it in his buying strategy

Sometimes a loan move makes postivite effect. Look at Lahm, Kroos, Lasogga n even Ginczek

With Ramos n Immobile/Drmic coming in, Ducksch will spend the entire season in 3BL which no longer helps him. Ducksch wont be used unless Dortmund think he is "proven" or "ready", but since Ducksch is not played by Dortmund he'll never be "ready". Playing well in 3BL proves nothing, but playing well for a 1BL/2BL club will be another story. Ginczek n Petersen managed to gain recognition n at least they were seen as "proven"

Maybe a move to a smaller club in 1BL/2BL is good for his development at this stage. Its so much better than rotten on Dortmund's bench, or playing 2 other seasons in 3BL which isnt very competitive n always battling against relegation.

I m expecting both Ramos n Immobile to play 40 plus games a season, some overlap as Klopp may play 2 strikers if needed. That isnt much left for a 3rd striker

http://www.bild.de/newsticker-meldungen/sport/12-bvb-ducksch-2589022.bild.html

19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And Kirsten on about who else other than Starving freaking Marvin Ducksch. Wouldn't be a BVB transfer thread without it at this juncture.

20. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well he may be moving away so its part of the transfer thread too, no?

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Liverpool is going to persuade Mkhitaryan to join them again. I always had a feeling that he preferred Liverpool but chose us because of CL football. I'd say if we can get 30M we let him go. He doesn't fit our squad tactically. We can give him another year but unless he excels tremendously I don't see a good sell-on value for him.

22. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almost 50% of United fans wanted Jurgen Klopp to be installed as the next coach for United. In reflection, I find it difficult to imagine our club without him. I can imagine life without Lewandowski, Watzke and of course Zorc but not Klopp. I just don't see him fitting in in a plastic club like United, City, Chelsea, PSG, Real or Bayern.

23. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No way would Watzke look to sell Miki, that would be embarrassing for him (unless he made a windfall, and I doubt they would).

Plus, Mkhitaryan is a gun, just not a very good one right now. You'll see!
    ;)

Vlad S. repped this.
  24. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting turn of events for you guys. This was reported during today's 11:30h SWR4 news, which is Baden-Württemberg's public service program.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This doesn't surprise me. Where would he play? We have Hummels, Subotic and Sokratis in CB (where I highly doubt we would play Ginter given his propensity to make the occasional mistake) while we have Sahin, Kehl, Kirsch, Gundogan, Bender and Jojic in CM (assuming none of the loanees or those with return clauses come back). It would be fantastic to sign Ginter but he needs to develop elsewhere. I can see him with us next year when we won't have Kehl and Kirsch anymore.