BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

didn't someone recently on this thread point out that Ramos has put up better numbers than Lewa this season (except for goals scored).

I'm loving Miki's jump in form, I think he is going to be extremely good for the team. he's a beast (sometimes)

2. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully he could be loaned to a Bundesliga side

3. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Crap. Thats a bad sign. So yeah, he could probably leave after 2015 season ends. And probably he will. No need to think otherwise. Goddamnit! Our management board should prevent those kind of exodus in the near future ASAP. Every ********in year we loose one or two key players. Thats pain in the ass.

And I don't know what to think about Gundogan. Additional year on his contract is wise from him and BVB. But like you said, next year we could go through speculations over and over again.

4. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #7454 Bazi, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Wasn't that common knowledge? Watzke called purchasing his exit clause the 'first and most important order of business' after the lost CL final in Wembley.

Then there was a BILD article in November/December which stated Reus refused another offer, etc.

The real surprising news is that his buy-out clause is at merely € 25m in 2015. That's only € 7m more than the one he had in Mönchengladbach. The agency of Götze, Kroos and Reus really knows how to milk and pressure the clubs for their own benefit.

5. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I thought it was 35 mil. o_O

6. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I don't get your point with this comment. You said:

I pointed out clubs do...and very recently. I am sure it is far more common than you think.

7. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #7457 Bazi, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    That's what I thought as well, but there was a new report yesterday which suggests the release clause is merely at € 25m.

Here's an img. of the article from transfermarkt.de

Show Spoiler

column in the middle, second-last paragraph:
    [​IMG]

The source is SportBild though, so take it with a grain of salt. Still, Watzke never confirmed the volume of the release clause, only the existence. We'll see how Watzke & Co. react to this, which might then allow us to judge the validity of the source.

Gundogan92 repped this.
  8. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The release clause is 35 million euros.

9. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus said for sportbild: "Of course I have a career plan, and I have a valid contract... I have never spoken in public about the content of the contract. BVB is my club, Dortmund is my home. I came back here to win titles - so far nothing. I really feel very, very comfortable..."

It doesn't mean much, it's a sort of comment you would expect from a player, but I do hope he will stay a little longer if nothing else, he always seemed to me like someone who could be loyal. We shall see...

10. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to some media reports, the most recent media report says 25 million. Who knows which one is accurate. Watzke only confirmed that there is a release clause, nothing more.

footyfan1 repped this.
  11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I think it's 25m for most clubs, 35m for English clubs and 70m for Bayern. ;)

12. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope you're right, the media would be unbearable in case Reus joins Bayern München and Watzke would use this topic for the years to come...

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I was kidding, of course. The press confirmed a while ago this clause does exist. Since he has resisted a buy out that means he wants to keep options open. Who wouldn't?

If he goes to Bayern, oh well. They need more Germans anyway. ;)

14. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know. Considering Reus has the same agency as Götze, the release clause is most likely valid for interested parties from Germany and abroad.

Still, I wouldn't mind if he simply extended or went somewhere else. Two former Dortmund star players are more than enough already as far as I'm concerned.

nekkibasara repped this.
  15. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You pointed out 1860. You're right of course, but it is 1860. We both know 1860 isn't a "usual case."

I'm betting it isn't common at all. Most buyout clauses involved in extensions I've ever been involved in covering usually did not kick in until at least the season after the extension is signed.

Now. That doesn't stop a club from accepting any offer for a player who might have just extended. Are you sure you're not confusing the two situations???

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

That was just the most recent of which I was aware. I am sure if we dug we could find others.

According to my agent friend they are not all that rare either. Usually with hot, young talent who are looking for a performance incentive and the club in question may lack the funds to give money for performance so they build these in the first year contract. I understand Ott has one with FCN.

Correct, but these are two different things. One is a club accepting an offer on a player without a buy out clause. The second is a buy out clause between transfer windows which would allow a player to accept an offer from any club without having the consent of his current club.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I guess it wasn't for some. I was responding to a question.

Yes, I believe he did.

I'm sorry. I don't try to keep up on things in the "Bild World" anymore. You've got me there........

I don't think anyone except the parties involved know what that buyout clause amount is. The figure I've got from the sources who have been best to me is 35M as others here have said.

Sadly, I'm pretty certain we'll find out exactly how much it is during next season when all the Reus transfer speculation really heats up............

Bazi repped this.
  19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably so. But I wonder how many of them involve clubs in good financial standing??

This was my point when I exasperated about your bringing up 1860 and now FCN. We're talking about two clubs who don't have good financial standing. Of course, I realize I did not say this at first. I obviously did not say what I meant. :oops:

Dude, not exactly. Situation one is a club accepting an offer before the buy out clause ever kicks in.

But I do see you generally knew when I meant.

Again, in my experiences, and granted, I worked with media people, not with agents a lot, you don't see clubs "in good financial standing" give buyout clauses which kick in either immediately or after a running season in which the deal was signed.

And again, I realize I was not specific enough at the beginning of the conversation. My apologies.

20. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    No clue. Would have to do some research. The ones I mention come to mind because they are very recent. We agree that these clauses are not typically used by richer clubs. I think I said as much at the beginning. I suspect based on what my friends in-the-know tell me, these clauses are fairly "boilerplate" for young players and with certain clubs. You are right that Bayern or BVB or Schalke or even Wolfsburg are not likely to give these.

21. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think most players have immediate exit clauses in case the club relegates.

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We know this. However, this isn't what we're discussing. We are discussing buyout clauses. Not relegation clauses or clauses in general.

However, on that topic, many here are watching one Bundesliga relegation clause in particular.

Josip Drmic's at FCN......... ;) :D

MatthausSammer repped this.
  23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Big players, yes. Many contracts for the BL are good for the 2.BL too.

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

True. But they are mostly young players trying to make it, old guys just trying to hang on and the all too rare these days, fiercely loyal guys. Most players worth anything or who have good enough confidence in their own abilities have relegation clauses in their contracts.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  25. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If their contracts weren't valid for the 2nd division, why pay a transfer fee at all? Most pkayers have valid contracts for both divisions, but a lot of them also have exit clauses in case their team relegates.