BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Any realistic chances that Reus could sign a new contract without a buyout clause?

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have by far the largest man crush of them all on Kagawa.

3. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    And if you had seen him play, so would you ;)

4. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Naw man, me and Schmelzer definitely. :p

Bluecrux, BVB Previ and LoewenBoy repped this.
  5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do so despise your pretentious and condescending assumption that I started watching football yesterday. I try not to respond to it, because it's irrelevant to most discussions at hand and its simply a pathetic attempt at a red herring, but I hope you're aware that I see it and don't appreciate it.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #7431 Cris 09, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    The Left-Nut of Jupp goes through phases...like with girlfriends. It was Kroos for a while, then "I <3 Goetze" sig for ever, the Kagawa...lol.

chewz repped this.
  7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no problem with selling Reus and Hummels if they want to leave for money. If we are going to break our salary structure to compensate them we are going to go down a slippery slope. Our core competencies are our youth development, coaching staff and scouting. Marketing, sales development, medical and prudent finance planning are our weaknesses....at least now they are but they might change in time.

If we keep a strong rotating core of players who can consistently take us deep into the CL and pokal while we perennially sustain a shot at getting the BuLi title we will become a super power. Sounds laughable but other clubs got there so why not us. Having a behemoth like Bayern keep us on our toes is actually a very good thing for us. We will have to continuously strive to improve. This is probably what got Madrid and Barcelona where they are today albeit a somewhat unhealthy juxtapose but all is not utopia in the real world anyway.

I think as fans we should value the individual players less and more the club's philosophy and strategy for growth. The players don't make us, we make them. Sadly, there will come a time when we no longer have the luxury of cultivating players. CL runs will be an expectation, not a goal. Until that creeps up on us, we should enjoy the club for what it is today.

Gundogan92 repped this.
  8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Imagine if Gundogan had a release clause last year in his contract and Bayern activated that instead of Gotze's. Hell, they would have had the money to activate both their release clauses.

Anyway, I just hope Gundogan recovers and has a decent career with us before he leaves or hangs it up.

9. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Didn't Borussia recently get an Award for their marketing or for something similar? Like best/most popular brand in German football...? I think they do a pretty decent job of it to be honest. And prudent financial planning, hasn't everyone been complaining that they are too prudent? (or is this your point?)

Rosebud repped this.
  10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm all for being fiscally conservative with BvB's money...but I also think they should roll the dice at what is a calculated risk when an opportunity may arise.

11. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7436 footyfan1, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014

1860? Did I really have to say not to name selling clubs??

Or 1860? Really man??

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    An award doesn't translate to money. I'd rather make 30M more in revenue than win a bunch of those awards.

Prudent financial planning doesn't mean frugal spending. It means spending the right amount of money on acquiring or maintain the right asset that will help us take the next step in the right direction both on and off the pitch.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From a good source:

BVB has been trying to purchase Reus' buyout clause. However, so far, Reus has refused to give it up.

I believe so far, Hummels is the only player to allow the club to purchase his buyout clause......

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can't blame Reus. After seeing Gotze go from 4M to 8M or more it's a bit of a stretch to expect him to only go up to 5M or even 6M. I can't imagine BVB offering him any more.

15. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Madrid got where they are because of Franco, Barcelona got to where it is (in modern terms) off of the purchase of Johan Cruyff who took a team who hadn't won in a long time (compared to Real Madrid) and made them the best eam in Spain. In the pre-premier league era the 2 clubs that spent the most on players were Manchester United and Liverpool, Chelsea has Roman, City (qatar), and pre Chelsea, and Wenger revolutionized English football.....

The problem is if you can't keep your best player your club will have no identity or foundation and will have to change every year...when you are loosing your better players you can't build anything which is why the last 2 seasons Dortmund's squad has gotten worse...wait till you see Adrian Ramos and Miki try to break down a deep defense

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I never blame a player for keeping his options open. Not unless he's just being stupid about it. (Read: Gündoğan)

MatthausSammer repped this.
  17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

A deep and well structured defense is the work of a good coach and the defensive unit. Subsequently, it is upto the attacking unit to break it down. It requires excellent dribbling skills, passing accuracy, timed runs and measured anticipation. Most importantly it needs chemistry. I wasn't a fan of signing either of those players you mentioned. But to write them off as having no chemistry at all before they've even had a chance to don the same jersey sounds ludicrous, don't you think? They aren't just top players in their teams but amongst the top 10 statistically in the league.

18. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Genuine query, not being a smart arse, I'm just curious about what you mean here? (bold). I'm wondering how Chelsea revolutionised English Football (did you mean pre Roman?)...may have misunderstood your post.

19. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pre Raneiri

20. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    It is as irrelevant as your comment about kagawa then. Duksch and volland are not players who have proven themselves here. Understand why I made the comment?

It is not my fault thatyou get defensive about it. So just say, if you may, were you watching at that time?

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do you mean its irrelevant?

I don't care for your gamesmanship. I know when I started watching. I don't need to answer to someone on the Internet about that. Especially not a user like you.

22. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    löwenboy and I were having a mini-talk. players who could be useful for bvb was the topic. "Man-crushes" was a joke. Therefore, unless you were joking the comment about kagawa is not relevant as kagawa is beyond proven at bvb.

Why are you being so defensive about when you started watching? I started watching closely in 93 or 94.

23. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not about having chemistry...its about having the skill set required to work with little to no space...both of their games really aren't built for that, they are both very good players when they have the ability to use their athleticism and stretch their legs...teams have figured out how to control Dortmund's transition game...by just not letting them have the opportunity and space to press and transition...and it seems that Klopp and the board, instead of adjusting to the new reality are being stubborn and their are no better examples on the current squad than Miki and going from Lewandowski who is the second most creative CF in the world (only Zlatan is better) to Adrian Ramos (who is a runner) and in the 2nd half of the season has only scored 5 goals...

24. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    can you elaborate? Sorry to be a pain, but sounds interesting.

25. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2nd striker we sign better be versatile. Ramos is signed for 11mil and may well be playign 40 games a season given his durability n health

Drmic is ok as he can play both CF n RW, but his playing time still doubtful due to competition. And one season is too small a sample size to reflect his capabilities. We saw that in Lakic before, one -season-wonder?

BTW, Frankfurt, Koeln, Kaiserslautern and Freiburg are interested in making a loan move for Ducksch. Maybe a good deal for all three parties