BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nah. They at least use some imagination for the "Lewa to Bayern" stuff. ;)

With Dzeko, it is the same old transfer rumor formula:

"Former very good Bundesliga striker
    +
    Less than perfect current situation
    +
    Open(ing) spot at big Bundesliga club = Easy Transfer Rumor"

See? Lazy! LOL!! :cool: :D

petteri and MatthausSammer repped this.
  2. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Mike Hanke and Borussia Mönchengladbach couldn't agree upon a new contract. The striker is going to leave the club at the end of the season.

Lewa leaving in the summer and Hanke available.It's been written in the stars. Kloppo, sign him up!:D

MatthausSammer and footyfan1 repped this.
  3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LMAO!! Good one man!! :ROFLMAO: :cool:

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zorc confirms what we already knew.......

Borussia Dortmund Confirms Lewandowski Exit

[​IMG]

The German side's sporting director Michael Zorc reveals that the forward will not extend his current deal, and is likely to leave at the end of the season or the summer of 2014.

"Robert will not renew his contract, he will leave either this summer or in the summer of 2014," he said.

Click here for the entire Goal.com article.

5. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As much as I like Schieber, the quality isn't there. He's not good enough to start for a top Bundesliga/Champions League team.

I really like his work rate, kid always seems determined to score. But unless he really really improves in the off-season, I doubt he's the answer to replacing Lewandowski. Then again he's pretty young so maybe he will flourish if giving sufficient playing time to prove himself

6. ToBlockIdiots

ToBlockIdiots Member+

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Any idea who you guys might go after?

Son? Seems pretty settled in Germany, so I think you guys might have a chance. Kiessling? Szalai? Petersen? Volland, even? Just asking and throwing names on the wall, maybe something will stick. After all, it works for goal.com from time to time!

Matakos and footyfan1 repped this.
  7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Son is a talented player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was another Delron Buckley.

Matakos and footyfan1 repped this.
  8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am not saying what Schieber will be. I don't know.

But your words are almost exactly the doubts people had about Lewandowski when Klopp made him the starter over Barrios........

To show you I'm not just a "Schieber fan", I said since we found out what he cost that BVB paid way too much for him. I also don't believe he's the answer based on what we've seen so far.

But things can change. I'm not saying they will, but they can.......

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Props on the Delron Buckley reference! LOL!!

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Our management team is good at playing these things pretty close to the vest. They don't let much get out. I think Lewandowski was the most "public" signing we've made in a long time.

I wouldn't look for any name to become a true "leading choice" before sometime in late April.......

WolframvonEschenbach repped this.
  11. WolframvonEschenbach

Nov 16, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm going to go out on a limb here & make the suggestion that instead of splashing out on a striker who may or may not fit in, Dortmund should stay with Schieber & help him in his development & bring up a striker from the youth ranks. There aren't many to choose from, but Said Benkarit looks like a promising prospect. The 18yo German/Moroccan from Essen only has 4 goals from 14 matches for BV U-19, but for the German national youth teams has 19 goals from 27 matches. They take the money from the imminent Lewandowski transfer & invest in shoring up the midfield/defensive bench with some quality players. Dortmund have a decent supply of young talent that should start getting some exposure with the senior side. Besides, Reus, Goetze & 'Kuba have 28 goals between them anyway this season.

12. WolframvonEschenbach

Nov 16, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry, forgot Balint Bajner, physically imposing striker signed Sept. 1, 2012 & who made a brief appearance against BoMö. 22 yo.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If we truly have aspirations of being a contender for the BL title, CL title and German Cup, I don't think we can chance not bringing in a striker who at least SHOULD succeed. The key is not breaking the bank to do it.

I honestly believe we can only go so far if we're going to strictly stick to our current philosophy. Even back when I was ripping people here for whining about BVB not spending big money, I agreed with them that the time was coming when the club has to spend more than it does.

I believe that time is nearly upon us. Maybe it is already. They did spend too much on Schieber. However, I don't htink that was truly a break from the philosophy more than just a mistake. Not a "mistake" in bringing Schieber in, but a "mistake" in how much we paid Stuttgart for Schieber. I love the kid, but I think our guys were far too influenced with the super few minutes Scheiber had against us last season......

Again, I am not saying we should start "breaking the bank" for players. But to get the players we need, BVB management is to the point where they are going to have to decide whether they want to stick with their stringent finanical plan no matter what, or tweak it some to bring in the players/depth we're going to need to consistently compete with the likes of Bayern.

It isn't always about keeping the names you have. But with BVB's philosophy, it will become about how attractive we are......

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's one I want to see more of with BVB II first.......

15. WolframvonEschenbach

Nov 16, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What is nice about Lewandowski is his work-rate & his ability to draw out defenses & stretch them, creating space for Goetze & Reus. I think the age of the stand-in-the-box & wait for service striker (a la Carsten Jancker) is over (at least as far as BVB are concerned), so, whoever they acquire should have at least the work-ethic & flexibility that Lewa' possesses. Artjom Rudnevs comes to mind. I'm loathe to admit it, but his work-rate & effectiveness in their recent match with BVB was extraordinary. And he's still young enough to grow & improve.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes. This is what both Lewandowski and Lucas Barrios learned to do quite well.

It is also something I believe Scheiber is having some difficulty with so far........

This is exactly the reason Mandzukic is having the season he's having. I hope people have noticed Bayern is playing more like us these days. I mean tactically. Gomez is a striker who can help that game, but can't do much of it. It hurts his game. He's a poacher. What's bad for us is that Julian Schieber is also a poacher. Not a great fit for our offense.

Still, I hope he can learn to do this job adequately. We score so much from midfield that our striker doesn't have to be a superstar. But he has to be good enough for the opposing coach to worry about. He has to be good enough for the danger of his play to help open things up for the attacking midfielders.

Rudnevs was linked with us before he signed with HSV. However, with Lewandowski on board and BVB still thinking he would extend, going hard after Rudnevs didn't make sense.

I don't believe he's a realistic option as HSV isn't going to sell him to us. They just got him and he's under contract through 2016.

17. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schieber a poacher!? You are surely having a laugh, aren't you? When I think of a poacher- I think of a predatory instincts in a box, I think of positioning, I think of movements towards the goal to look for deflections, I think of goals......Schieber is none of these things....Schieber is a classic supporting striker for me.....great work rate, a lot of heart, chance for spectacular finish, no where near Valdez's finishing quality - but is not a 15 goal/season striker...sorry I like the kid...but he can't play as a sole striker in this system...

watching bvb - hanover now 45 min ...with Lewa and Schieber in 4-4-2....and take a good look how Schieber moves.....creating space for Lewa...no where near a "poacher".....

timh19 repped this.
  18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You know what you just referred to?

THE WAY KLOPP IS ASKING HIM TO PLAY!

Did you watch Schieber coming up at Stuttgart and during his loan at FCN?

If you did, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Klopp and BVB have asked Schieber to completely change his style of play. This is one of the major reasons he's having difficulties.

Before joining us Schieber was always more of a "Gomez-type." Always had been.

And BTW, I didn't say he was a good poacher. But this had always been his game. Always.

19. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first of all I am not sure you know what a classic definition of a poacher is?
    You clearly said that Schieber is a poacher in your post, didn't you?...big difference between what Klopp is asking him to do and what he is....

and I don't think Klopp is asking him to be a poacher in a traditional sense because Schieber like Lewy is asked to hold the ball up quite a bit....the striker position under Klopp is not predicated on a striker "foxing the box"

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude. I think I'm somehow confusing you. Because it seems you're reading what I'm saying backwards. I also really don't appreciate you inplying that I'm somehow lacking in football knowledge. Of course I know that a classic definition of a "poacher" is.

I said Klopp has asked Schieber to change his game. Which is that of a poacher. Meaning, Schieber's natural game is that of a poacher and Klopp is asking him to be different. Which you confirmed with your own words man!

I thought I was clear that Klopp and BVB have asked Schieber to change his natural game. Maybe I wasn't. I'm sure I was.

Yes, there is a big difference between what Schieber is and what Klopp is asking him to do.

That's what I've meant when I said this is one of the major reasons Schieber is having difficulties.

I think you somehow missed it when I wrote:

"Klopp and BVB have asked Schieber to completely change his style of play. This is one of the major reasons he's having difficulties."

Perhaps this part confused you:

"Before joining us Schieber was always more of a "Gomez-type." Always had been.

And BTW, I didn't say he was a good poacher. But this had always been his game. Always."

In those statements, the key words are "was", "had been" (after "always") and "had always been."

Those words clearly identify the past tense. I see if you only read my final sentence where the words "I didn't say he was a good poacher" may have confused you. However, if those words confused you, this tells me you either didn't read or put no stock in everything which was said before.

Is this where I lost you??

21. Bialo Czerwoni

Bialo Czerwoni Red Card

Feb 28, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Would love if more Polish fans shared this same view point, because I agree.

Really hate the way his relationship with Dortmund seems to be ending.

3 quick thoughts
    A) I have a hard time seeing Dortmund dealing Lewandowski to Bayern, unless the price is extremely high
    B) Man U seems like the perfect deal but they are full at the Striker position. Maybe this Real leg could be crucial. A lose and Man U might have no money available for such a move.
    C) Really hope he stays

22. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So, according to Watzke, Dortmund are planning some "significant investments" and "a lot will happen" during the upcoming summer transfer window. He said that during the horrible TV show "Doppelpass" where he featured as today's guest. Of course, it could mean anything.

footyfan1 repped this.
  23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe I missed this before, but how do fans in Poland view Robert? Is Kuba still more popular there too??

Me too. But I also can't blame Robert for wanting to get paid at his true market value.

I don't see it happening then. Robert is not in a position to totally dictate to BVB where he wants to go if BVB is serious about being willing to forsake a big transfer fee to make Robert play out the final year of his contract and move on a free the season after. Also, I don't believe Bayern will "break the bank" for a guy they truly don't need. They only did it for Javi Martinez because they needed someone who could break our previous midfield superiority over them.

I truly believe if Bayern spends a huge amount on a striker it will not be Robert. I think if this happens the striker they get will be either Neymar or David Villa.

I think this rumor is media fantasy. SAF dismissed the Robert to Manchester United rumors long ago and there is no reason not to believe him. I believe Manchester United did have interest in Robert before they bought Robin van Persie. With van Persie on board and now Kagawa possibly having found himself, Manchester United needs Robert like they need a hole in the head. If SAF bids for any BVB player, he'd better be trying to get Bender, Subotic or Hummels. None of whom BVB will ever sell to him.......

Sorry man, but that ship has sailed.

I really think you're wasting your time hoping for this. Robert is leaving. His agent has all but used those words and BVB has already said he will be leaving. It is a sad ending for us, but this is how the business within the game works these days........

Bialo Czerwoni repped this.
  24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thank you for this information. Yes, it could mean anything or it could mean nothing.

Watzke talked about bettering our depth before the winter transfer window and did nothing. We'll see what they do come June and July.

25. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Isn't there a financial model that they will not deviate from?