BVB 2012-2013 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Will Borussia Dortmund Pull Off The Bundesliga Title "Three-Peat??"

1. Yes. Borussia Dortmund will win their 3rd consecutive Bundesliga title.

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. Yes. Not only will BVB will a 3rd straight Bundesliga title, BVB will do another double.

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Yes. Not only will BVB will a 3rd straight Bundesliga title, they will win the German Cup and CL.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. No. FC Bayern will return to the top of the Bundesliga.

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  5. No. A club other than BVB or Bayern will win the Bundesliga.

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hello. I'm visiting at the same time and planning on going to the Gladbach match. However, I have friends in the area getting my ticket. I'll be in Munich for Oktoberfest the few days after the match too.

As I used to frequently to go matches in Dortmund, I can tell you that BVB v Gladbach is always sold out. Check a fan ticket exchange site like viagogo.de.

You can always take your chances at the stadium that maybe a few tickets might be for sale or guys are outside the stadium who might sell their tickets.

La Magica repped this.
  2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thanks for the infos. So its going to be hard to get tickets to that game then?. Can you buy tickets of the offical web site or is these ticket sites a reliable option? Just to be sure , not that you would advise me on a bad site :)

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You can try the club website, but tickets for a Gladbach match don't normally make it to public sale there.

To my knowledge, viagogo.de is the most trustworthy of the fan exchange sites in Germany. You can also try the ticket site eventim.de.

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Thanks once again and have a great trip.

5. mntiburon

mntiburon Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fairfax County, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone else notice Gotze has been hitting the tanning bed a little too hard? Or maybe he spray tans :laugh:

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As long as he keeps producing, we don't give a shit....... :rolleyes:

7. mntiburon

mntiburon Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fairfax County, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either do I. Just wondering if he's going for oompa loompa or Jersey Shore guido. :D

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We beat up on 7th Division club SC Preußen Borghorst 7-0 in a friendly. Goal-scorers were Löwe (2), Schieber, Kehl, Grosskreutz, Bakalorz and Baykan.

[​IMG]

Felipe Santana missed the match with a slight abdominal muscle tear. Klopp hopes Santana will be fit for our next Bundesliga match on September 15th against Leverkusen.

++++++++++++++++

BVB: Weidenfeller (46. Alomerovic) - Fring, Meissner (63. Terzic), Hübner, Löwe - Kehl (70. Nothnagel), Amini - Hofmann (60. Baykan), Bittencourt (60. Bakalorz), Grosskreutz - Schieber

Tore: 0:1 Schieber (10.), 0:2 Löwe (27., Handelfmeter), 0:3 Kehl (40.), 0:4 Grosskreutz (48.), 0:5 Bakalorz (68.), 0:6 Baykan (71.), 0:7 Löwe (80.)

The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  9. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good to see Amini getting some PT, even if it is a friendly.

Dortmund II are struggling and he still hasn't had any PT.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Which tells me he might be having some problems adjusting........

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Why do u care about Amini? Are u Australian? Or you've turned to the black and yellow side ;) ?

12. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, not a fan. I'll always be a Bayern fan, but I like to see Dortmund being successful. It definitely drives Bayern to be a better team and improves the Bundesliga as a league.

Shoot me for not hating the competition. :cool:

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Much respect.

14. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Great goal by Leitner

footyfan1 repped this.
  15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dortmund: After Groin Surgery

Bender Knocking On The Door – Return To Team Practice

[​IMG]

Some of the things you’ll find on Sven Bender’s medical record from last season are a broken jaw, torn ankle ligaments and severe facial bruising. Yet, he was still able to play in 24 matches. The current season also began with an injury for Bender. He had to undergo surgery for a hernia. The 23-year old is familiar with setbacks and the difficult road back. On Tuesday, he made a decisive step back from this latest injury. Bender practiced with the team again.

Four weeks have gone by since Professor Dr. Tomas Hoffmann performed double hernia surgery on the Borussia Dortmund player at Munich’s Maria-Theresia Hospital. Dr. Hoffmann operated on both sides of groin area, inserting plastic netting for reinforcement. Bender had “always noticed something” for quite awhile. But as is his nature, he continued to practice and play on. After the “Liga-Total Cup” in Hamburg, the extent of Bender’s injury was finally detected. A double hernia which required the aforementioned surgical procedure.

On Tuesday, Bender trained with the team again for the first time after his individual training program was raised day by day. Coach Jürgen Klopp would have taken a chance and started Bender in BVB’s 3-0 test match victory over Regionalliga club VfB Hüls if everything had gone super-superbly. However, Klopp backed off because he feels “a few things are missing” with Bender. Specifically, “explosiveness out of rotation and long passing.”

Klopp acknowledges the ball winner “has not lost much” when it comes to conditioning. Klopp said of Bender, “’Manni’ was in exceptional physical condition before the surgery. Thanks to this, the coach decided not force Bender to do “great things endurance-wise” during his rehab.

Now Sven Bender has to wait to see how he comes through team practice. Then, there might even be a chance Sven can be ready for the “Battle of Brothers” with his identical twin Lars. Borussia Dortmund meets Lars Bender’s Bayer Leverkusen team on Saturday at 3:30 PM CET.

Original article in German at this link.

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
  17. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He was asked about that at a press conference yesterday and said that it was typical (deliberate) media misinterpretation of what he had actually said during that interview.

His original statement was that he will first fulfill his Dortmund contract until 2016 and, in case he'll be approached by the DFB afterwards, it would only be natural for him to consider the job. However, that was meant to be more hypothetical than anything and a hint towards a possible future scenario that is still years away, rather than a definite statement or even an application for Jogi's job.

18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    We are playing vs HSV right now ! No thread for that ? :confused::eek:
    3-2 for HSV so far.
    Kuba missed a one on one with Adler.
    Perisic had a great free kick saved by Adler.
    Adler just saved a Goetze shot. There are 20 min left.
    Kehl was substituted. There is no defensive midfielder left on the field for us. We are desperate to score.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't have time to make a "proper thread" this week. Maybe we'll start a quick one with your message......

20. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I'm gonna puke. The fact is I haven't seen a defeat from BVB for ages now but they should have won this ********ing match against stinky HSV!

Piece of crap, I can't believe it.

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm f#cking angry too. However, we all should have known we weren't going to be undefeated forever.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A rundown of runs

By Uli Hesse

Link

23. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think this run of poor play ends. Ends tomorrow in fact. BvB big. 5-0.

nekkibasara repped this.
  24. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Yeah it would be awesome to win 5-0. But I want a win without conceded goals!

Cris 09 and Boandlkramer repped this.