BVB 2012-2013 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Will Borussia Dortmund Pull Off The Bundesliga Title "Three-Peat??"

1. Yes. Borussia Dortmund will win their 3rd consecutive Bundesliga title.

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. Yes. Not only will BVB will a 3rd straight Bundesliga title, BVB will do another double.

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Yes. Not only will BVB will a 3rd straight Bundesliga title, they will win the German Cup and CL.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. No. FC Bayern will return to the top of the Bundesliga.

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  5. No. A club other than BVB or Bayern will win the Bundesliga.

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in this boat.

2. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guide on DirecTV is now telling me Gol is moving to 627. Looks like Bein will take its place and Gol just moves further up the dial.

3. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Just a quick FYI, I was playing around on the BvB website and noticed the BvB Aktie tab was recently upgraded. Much easier to navigate imo. Good financial info can be found on the auf eninen blick tab. German only so it requires some patience if like me you are still learning the language.

Cris 09 and footyfan1 repped this.
  4. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Marco Reus has shown some brilliant set piece deliveries so far with Dortmund. The problem with him is that (I noticed it also in his gladbach days) he gives the ball away cheaply at least 3 or 4 times per match. He did the same thing against Bayern. Hopefully, he improves. He is only 23.

CanStriker repped this.
  5. Xhin

Xhin New Member

Dec 9, 2010
    HK
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Long time since a post. Moved countries last year but still managed to watch about a third of the BVB games. Saw the cup game on the wknd, looked good but will have to see if we can get a run going in the first couple of weeks in the league. been following the forum just no real time to post.

Reus looks hungry and Persic seems to be coming along nicely.

One a side point, was there a bundesliga fantasy league setup? I think I saw a post in another thread during the Euros regarding it. Can't seem to find it now that i'm looking for it, cheers

6. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the GolTV website, between Friday and Sunday, GolTV will show a total of five Bundesliga matches. All of them live.

They are (all times Eastern):

Friday

Borussia Dortmund v Werder Bremen (2:30 PM)

Saturday

SpVgg Greuther Fürth v FC Bayern München (9:30 AM)

Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayer Leverkusen (12:30 PM)

VfB Stuttgart v VfL Wolfsburg (2:45 PM)

Sunday

Hannover 96 v FC Scheisse 04 (11:30 AM)

7. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fantastic financial results released yet again. We should get more information in the coming days.

Selected consolidated result highlights

Revenues highest in club history EUR 215mln. (prior 151).
    Net profit EUR 34.3mln (9.5)
    Liabilities EUR 40.6mln (56.1)
    Personnel expenses EUR 74.5mln (57.4)

Source:
    http://aktie.bvb.de/IR-News/Ad-hoc-...rlaeufige-Zahlen-zum-Geschaeftsjahr-2011-2012

(FYI, business German is proof the Germans hate me.) :)

Xhin and footyfan1 repped this.
  8. Xhin

Xhin New Member

Dec 9, 2010
    HK
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Great Financial news... almost as sweet a our performances on the pitch. Good to see the club steady building. Must admit I am shock by the rapid revenue and profit growth. This result would put as in the top 10 clubs worldwide would it not? Also think it was better than Scheisse last year.

Since the club is floated what would happen to the profit, will it be retained or some of it paid out as dividends?

9. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think we will end up just outside of the top 10. I believe Money League uses a calendar year number instead of our fiscal year number. That means 192 instead of the 215 number I gave you. Regardless, its a huge jump and we have a PROFIT with declining debt.

Shalke did 202 last year. They will drop since Champions league money played a larger role in their results than it did in ours.

I have not heard any plans to pay a dividend on the BvB site nor have any of the analysts that follow the stock included it in their models. (Warning, German not my Muttersprache) Obviously that could change, but I dont think a dividend is likely for now.

The exciting thing is the opportunity that still exists. From the Swiss Ramble blog on Bayern:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2012/02/bayern-munich-opportunities-lets-make.html

I am not suggesting we should be equal to Bayern, but BvB can certainly continue to close the gap if they continue to reach the CL and compete for BL titles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL what on earth is Liverpool doing in 3rd place in shirt sponsorships/kit suppliers? Without Champions League football, they must have found quite the goldmine.

11. cwcoach18

cwcoach18 Member+

Apr 1, 2009
    Club:
    SV Waldhof Mannheim
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What competition they are in is irrelevant. In their case it's about brand recognition ...

12. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Perisic has improved his fitness alot..At Euros he was a constant threat going foward with consistant pressing and tracking back..It's only a matter of times before Perisic replaces Grosskreuts in the starting 11 in my opinion..

13. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't really understand it myself, but Warrior sports owned by New Balance decided they needed an entry into big time soccer and there it is.

14. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, they are a Boston-based company, same as Fenway Sports Group who owns Liverpool.

Berchtesgaden repped this.
  15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This...^

16. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Good stuff even if it does make me look inept.

17. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, not at all. I don't think it is something a lot of people would know. I just find myself interested in where businesses and corporations are based and usually look that sort of thing up.

Cris 09 repped this.
  18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Götze: "Huge Relief"

[​IMG]

Mario Götze had only been on the field three minutes when he scored the winner to give defending Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund a 2-1 opening day victory over SV Werder Bremen.

After the final whistle, the 20-year-old wunderkind gave his thoughts on scoring again and revealed his unique take on dealing with pressure...

Click here for the interview.

19. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I know no one gives a shit but Dortmund-born "wonderkid" Marvin Ducksch will be out for 6 months

Sad news, Ducksch is a top prospect in DFB youth system

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's already mentioned it elsewhere, smart-ass.

footyfan1 repped this.
  21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Stupid comment.

We already f#cking covered it asswipe.

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Didn't see this first.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the title!!

Ilkay Gündoğan and Forgetting about Sahin 2.0

by Travis Timmons

[​IMG]

At the conclusion of 2011-2012′s Hinrunde, Ilkay Gündoğan seemed crushed under the squat weight of expectation. By the holiday break, he had 1 goal, 1 yellow card, and (amazingly) no assists. The main complaint was that he slowed Die Schwarzgelben‘s stinging attack down by holding the ball too long.

Tellingly, he was underwhelming in matches like Borussia Dortmund’s 4-0 and 5-0 romps over Augsburg and Köln. Nuri Sahin’s appointed replacement seemed to be anything but. Thanks to the distraction of Borussia Dortmund’s 32 point and 10 win Hinrunde, Gündoğan’s struggles received little attention. Things got worse: “Illy” rode the bench with minimal playing time and even played a game on Dortmund’s reserve squad during the beginning of the Rückrunde.

Here, I believe, we can pause the story and simply state that Gündoğan was both a victim of wrongly-placed expectations as well as Jürgen Klopp fumbling around a bit with his lineup’s chemistry. Furthermore, at this moment Gündoğan represents Dortmund as a microcosm, or its synecdoche. Was he simply supposed to replace Nuri Sahin so that 2010-2011′s Dortmund machine could thrum on, or was Dortmund itself changing into something else? That is, was Dortmund a machine or something else?

Then Gündoğan scored “the goal,” a game winner on March 20th. It happened at 120′ in extra time during the DFB-Pokal semi-final against SpVgg Greuther Fürth. The pinball goal was cathartic for Gündoğan – and the whole squad. Boss Jürgen Klopp was besides himself with defiant adrenaline. Illy was promptly buried in a pile of Schwarzgelben love.

Click here for the rest of the article.

24. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

team spirit...welcome to BVB,

HarveyDent and footyfan1 repped this.
  25. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Hi guys/girls, could any of you fill me in on tickets to your stadium. Always wanted to go to feel this beautiful stadium in full voice. A few of us are planning to go to oktoberfest this year. Date wise the best fit is your home game v borussia m'gladbach on the 29th. It unfortunately starts later this year than usual, another year I could have caught your home game ont he 15th but thats how it goes.

What I want to ask is how difficult is it to get tickets? Will this game be a sell out? Can we just arrive to the stadium and buy or pre pay? Thankyou for any info