BVB 2012-2013 Champions' League Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How Will BVB Do In The 2012-2013 CL??

1. BVB Will Win The CL.

23 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. BVB Will Make The CL Final And Lose There.

20 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. BVB Will Make The CL Semi-Finals And Lose There.

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. BVB Will Make The CL Quarter-Finals And Lose There.

11 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. BVB Will Make The CL Round Of 16 And Lose There.

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. BVB Will Not Get Past The Group Stage Again.

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok...let me get this straight...you rather come home empty handed every season as long as you make it far in the CL?

That's cool. From a financial perspective, it is healthy for the club.

But I'm a fan...I leave the finances to Zorc and the other board members. I want to win titles and so do you so don't give me that shit.

Equilibrium and HarveyDent repped this.
  2. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Much better than what BVB has been using revenue for.

[​IMG]

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's a forgone conclusion. Bayern will lose 3 more finals and Dortmund will win their 3d in a row. C'Mon get with it.

4. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think every Bayern fan, me included, would rather win the BL than go far in the CL this year and last.

But in retrospect being able to sign one of the top young players in Europe isn't a bad bonus for our CL campaign.

footyfan1 and Boandlkramer repped this.
  5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...2003 called, they want their "current" events back.

Dhajj and footyfan1 repped this.
  6. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
  7. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're easily on the path to being out of debt, but you're still making payments. ;)

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A Dortmund fan lecturing Bayern fans about how their club spends their money. Yeah, that is pretty funny.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  9. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not as funny as BvB having Mats Hummels and Breno having a 3 1/2 year prison sentence.

Or Javi Martinez costing over twice as much as Marco Reus.

But, if you want to argue that Bayern has been run anywhere near as efficiently as BvB the past few years that may be the funniest thing of all.

10. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nope. It's definitely funnier.

I don't think the Bayern FO needs lessons from fans of a club who went into a financial meltdown. I find the Javi deal outrageously expensive and inflated, but Bayern is likely to finish its 18th year in a row by making a profit and adding 2K more on their stadium.. They don't need your financial want to be expertise.

I don't see however what's funny about someone going to jail for being mentally unstable or that a youth player from club "x" going to another club and succeeding. It happens quite often.

11. MrRossi

MrRossi Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Schwalmstadt
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You know what I think is funny is the sort of arguments that come up when there is nothing significant to reply. What does that money shit has to do with the CL group of Borussia Dortmund? If the financial stability of a club should be an decisive indicator of how successful their football is I see no reason to go an the pitch.

12. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't call it the group of death. I call it the group of possibilities.

Ha ha, I should be the motivational speaker that gets paide to come to companies and whoop up the employees!! :p

You know what I fear more than our 3 opponents? I fear us doing well, knocking out one of the big two clubs sending us into the knockout rounds but with all of the attention we will gain, some more of our kids will instantly be put into rumorville of where they will be moving onward during the next summer transfer window. :confused:

Oh well, I just want us to get off to that hot start when the first group match is played right on or just the day before my birthday and we all remember what happened in 2010 on my birthday when we went into a certain Blue club's home and slapped them around when people wondered if it could be done. Who knows, My birthday might be the start of yet another good thing for this wonderful club!!:thumbsup:

disclosure: I can NOT be blamed IF this does not go according to my plan!!!

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...idiot, I'm not lecturing. I'm replying. Why would I lecture you on Bayern's finances? It's not like you had any say in them...

Bottom line is, I stated that if we won the BuLi title for a 3rd time in a row, I could not give two shits if we fail out of the group stage in the CL and that thought hasn't changed,

You can go on and on about Bayern's financial stability and all the money they've made and earned over the last 2 years...but frankly, I don't care. In that time, we won the Bundesliga twice and the Pokal and Bayern haven't won jack shit. Those are the facts, like them or not.

Congrats on reaching all those finals though...good show.

14. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Dortmund potentially made the same or more than Bayern last year from performance revenues. BvB received only 15mln less from the Champions league and I believe that gap could have been completely closed with bonuses from winning the BL and the Pokal.

Given equal financial implications I think most people would rather win the BL and Pokal than make a deep run in the CL.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course they would...but these guys didn't like to hear about it so they are bringing up Dortmund's financial instability from the last decade.

16. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was Dortmund in financial hell? Yes.

Did it absolutely suck? Sure did.

Did they learn from their mistakes? It appears that way to me.

Everyone knows BvB put themselves in a horrible situation financially. However, once there they actually did something about it. They developed a new business and sporting strategy the results of which can be seen the past couple years. They may now be one of the most financially prudent clubs in all of the major competitions. I would argue that makes BvB fans the exact people who should criticize Bayern and their dealings; they have seen problems can be fixed and success can be achieved in more than one way, a la throwing more money at it.

If the significance of the names mentioned was lost on you, I am sorry. To me, they exemplify perfectly the current difference between the two clubs and their strategies.

Dortmund and their fans realized exactly what they could have in Hummels when he was on loan at the club. I remember during that season being utterly convinced that Bayern would not allow the deal to become permanent due to the displays Hummels was putting on. He was showing he was the best young CB on the team despite all the speculation from other clubs being about Subotic.

So, what did Bayern do at the end of that year when they needed a young CB? They went with the high-priced flavor of the month in Breno. The funny part is that no one at BM realized they already had the better player at the time... BvB fans sure did. And with such a large investment I cannot believe that there were no signs they were getting a player with the mental fortitude of a water balloon.

Did Reus fall into Dortmund's lap? He did. But those are the types of moves the club looks to make now. By moving from Kagawa to Reus they actually made a profit (and quite possibly upgraded). The team absolutely took advantage of the fact that Dortmund was where he wanted to be, but then again, they would not have bought him if he cost 40 Million euros. It is part of sticking to that model they have established for themselves.

On the same token, I absolutely believe that there is some young player out there with loads of potential who would love to play for Bayern and would move there for the chance to play with Germany's biggest club. But, that is not who Bayern goes after or looks for. Their mentality is that they are not doing anything unless they are throwing silly money around. So, again, they go with the current flavor of the month in Javi Martinez. A player with no loyalty to Bayern other than money and whose sole reason in moving to the club is that money. A player who cost over twice as much as Marco Reus and who Bayern has said is not a guaranteed starter. A player who is the bundesliga record transfer signing and is a few months older than Mats Hummels and not nearly as good (if he were, Madrid and Barca would not have let him out of Spain).

But, hey, isn't throwing money around the whole point? Bayern are just lucky their fans have the same mentality they do.

17. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn't go on about anything. You laughed at Bayern's transfer and I replied as the hysterical post. You've got me confused with the guy that wouldn't want his team to win something as long as they make more money.

It was a dumb thing to do. Best for you to acknowledge it or try to bring Ricken's conversation into this and try and foreshadow it like you're doing now. :D

18. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hole Spastic Batman, what's happening!!

No mater how good the club has turned around, you're not even in the same league as Bayern in terms of well run financially speaking. As I've stated, it's been 17 years in a row that Bayern has made a profit and likely going to be 18th year. A fan of a club who went into a financial meltdown trying to put down Bayern's spending is rather silly. Bayern's team is already very young, we don't need any more youngsters at this point. Our starters alone at times are 2 22 year olds, 2 23 year olds and a 20 year old. I don't know why you're ranting about young players that could play for Bayern, we already have many of them and signed a 20 and 18 year old this summer as well as brought up another 18 year old from our youth team. As for Javi, he doesn't seem like a mercenary but what do I know? He did lower his wages to come to Bayern which is a good sign for us.

19. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The point was they probably could have found a similar player to Javi Martinez for cheaper. But, that is not what Bayern do. They blow their wad on the flavor of the month. But, if they want to blow 80% of their CL earnings on a player that most believe is not worth it, who are we to argue as long as they made a profit. I guess since BvB was mismanaged years ago we can never point out the stupid stuff Bayern does. Ok, at least we know the rules now.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...EQ, it's not just me laughing, it's the whole world.

Hopefully you'll get something out of it but right now, it looks about as silly as the Carroll fee Liverpool paid Newcastle.

21. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah I think we paid way too much
    You must have read I said no more than 30m for him.

22. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What the hell are you on about? I just told you that we bought a 20 year old, an 18 year old AND brought up another 18 year old to the team. Bayern already have a team that's ready to challenge for the Champions League and don't have time for a player to become the next Martinez in 3-4 years because by then a lot of the current crop will be past their prime. We have more than enough young players, both our youth and others we've bought. There's nothing stupid here excluding the ridiculous fee.

23. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ridiculous fee is what makes it so stupid. That is all anyone is saying. How do you not get that? Everyone is laughing because Bayern blew stupid money on a player not worth near what they paid.

24. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought it was also part of those ridiculous reasons you pointed out that I debunked as well. :D

25. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think you debunked them, so be it.

At least we had a nice conversation! ;)