BVB 2012-2013 Champions' League Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How Will BVB Do In The 2012-2013 CL??

1. BVB Will Win The CL.

23 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. BVB Will Make The CL Final And Lose There.

20 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. BVB Will Make The CL Semi-Finals And Lose There.

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. BVB Will Make The CL Quarter-Finals And Lose There.

11 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. BVB Will Make The CL Round Of 16 And Lose There.

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. BVB Will Not Get Past The Group Stage Again.

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. BVB_09america

BVB_09america Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I have tried to learn as much as possible in the short time I've been a fan of the Bundesliga and BVB, I have seen numerous tweets and comments about poor CL performance for such a great club team. Comments about it being nothing but a 'pub league'.

If I had to pick a priority, and we could only win one thing, I'd rather win the CL (but we have to keep qualifying for the CL too). As much as we dominated Bayern last year, think how they'd act (and be viewed by external eyes) if they had finished that final out and beaten Chelsea like they should have.

The only thing that would be close to it is a Three Peat AND going deeper in the CL.

I don't know, just win it all.

2. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, I would always take the Bundesliga over the CL. The Bundesliga is the reason BvB exists, the CL is just a tournament they get to play in for being a good team.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How about just realizing that not everyone who tweets or blogs has an idea of what they're talking about.

I'll bet you these same people think the EPL is the "best" league in Europe. Most entertaining, yes. "Best?" Hell no.

Anyone who calls the Bundesliga a "pub team league" doesn't know what the f#ck they're talking about.

Take that into account too.

BVB Previ, Boandlkramer and HarveyDent repped this.
  4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    S'up, kids...? I see I am late to the party.

5. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Epl in my opinion is the best league but i think the Bundesliga is alot more entertaining..

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me La Liga any day. Match up the teams up and down the table and I'd like the Bundesliga's chances.

But of course, it is a matter of opinion here.

7. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    BL has closed the gap considerably. But the PL is still the best in Europe (in my opinion ;)) . They won the CL again so La Liga can't even gloat about that atm.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are you telling us you really feel the sixth placed team in the EPL is truly "the best team in Europe?" o_O

Really man?

Chelsea won a freakin' tournament. As much as I hate Bayern, if they play that Chelsea team ten times, Bayern wins eight with two draws.

That's what we got. One of the draws that Chelsea was lucky enough to win the shootout in.

Chelsea is quite possibly the LUCKIEST CL winner of all time (I think our '97 team gives them a run for their money) and you're using that as a point to say the EPL is better than La Liga?

Really? :unsure:

BVB Previ and HarveyDent repped this.
  9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pot 1
    FC Chelsea - UEFA-Koeffizient 135,882
    FC Barcelona - 157,837
    Manchester United - 141,882
    Bayern München - 133,037
    Real Madrid - 121,837
    FC Arsenal - 113,882
    FC Porto - 98,069
    AC Mailand - 89,996
    -----------------------------------------
    Pot 2
    FC Valencia - UEFA-Koeffizient 89,837
    Benfica Lissabon - 87,069
    Schachtar Donezk - 84,026
    Zenit St. Petersburg - 79,066
    FC Scheisse 04 - 78,037
    Manchester City - 63,882
    Sporting Braga - 63,069
    Dynamo Kiew - 62,026

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pot 3
    Olympiakos Piräus - UEFA-Koeffizient 61,420
    Ajax Amsterdam - 58,103
    RSC Anderlecht - 48,480
    Juventus Turin - 46,996
    Spartak Moskau - 46,066
    Paris St.-Germain - 45,835
    OSC Lille - 38,835
    Galatasaray Istanbul - 38,310

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pot 4
    Celtic Glasgow - UEFA-Koeffizient 32,728
    Borussia Dortmund - 31,037
    BATE Baryssau - 29,641
    Dinamo Zagreb - 24,774
    CFR Cluj - 18,764
    FC Malaga - 16,837
    HSC Montpellier - 11,835
    FC Nordsjaelland - 8,005

10. MrRossi

MrRossi Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Schwalmstadt
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can´t wait for the draw. I couldn´t say that I don´t care about the CL. I always wan´t my team to win. But that isn´t the reason I am supporting the BVB for such a long time. Sure... you get a better reputation when you are doing great in big competitions and you get more fans and money. That is a great thing for the club and the fans can carry our colors all over Europe. But to me it is just a bonus. A very nice one I have to admit.
    I like traveling to other cities and talking with other fans. It is great when others respect Borussia Dortmund for being a great club with tradition, great fans and good football. That´s what makes me tick when we are talking about the Champions League.
    But honestly I have a lot more fun watching the boys doing great in the league and beating Munich and other good teams. Because that is what it is all about.

I am sure well do better in the CL this year. I don´t know if we get much further depending on the teams in our group. But we´ll be a tough task for every other team out there. One thing that is often forgotten when you look back notice that we have won the last two national championships and the cup is that we still have a very young team. And so is our coach. Jürgen Klopp had to learn a lot since he became a Bundesliga coach. And that didn´t come within a day. And he still has to learn what it is like to coach teams for the big stage. We´ll get there sooner or later. I am sure about that.

So lets wait and see who we´ll face this year. The Süd will be there with all we have got and the team will give it´s best. That´s all I am looking for.

footyfan1 repped this.
  11. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I obviously hope they finish in the top two and at least give it a go in that first knockout round hopefully making it to the quarter final BUT if they end up 3rd dropping to the Europa league for remainder of the season, I hope they go very far in it. I know that is the captain obvious answer but that is all you will get from a person with 2 hours left in his first 12 hour work night of the week. :confused:

footyfan1 repped this.
  12. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good luck , I really do wish you all the best. At least the quarters.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think anyone here ever said they "don't care" about the CL. The argument here was over the CL's level of importance.

I know I said more than a few times I wanted us to do well in the CL but I'm not going to rip on my team or scream bloody murder because they didn't. I'm not going to put that above how well we do in the Bundesliga. Why? Because unless you're the CL winners, how you do in your league is what gets you into the CL. We won the league again, therefore, we'll get another shot at the CL.

Can't play in the CL without doing well in your league. Unless you're like Chelsea. You have a suckass season, but still somehow manage to win the CL........

Just goes to show the best teams don't always win. Especially in a tournament.

Plus, we've got a young team that's trying to grow despite personnel turnover. Naturally, we'll have problems in the CL. Hopefully, this season, enough players learned enough from last season to do better.

This is how I see it.

Same with me. People think I became a Manchester United fan because they win all the time. If I were like that, I'd be a Bayern fan too. I'm a Manchester United fan too because of the great fans of theirs I met during our great 1997 CL semi-final battle. I then followed them around Europe and happily went to Munich to cheer for them whenever they met Bayern in the CL.

That's right. You don't get into the CL without being outstanding in your league........

I'm not. I don't like how Klopp tries to shield the players from pressure in the CL. He needs to let them learn to deal with the pressure and fight through it. We won't do better if the players think it is OK to fail.

They are saying all the right things about learning from last season, but until they show it, I don't believe it.

Klopp has said the right things leading up to today's draw. Let's see what he's saying after it.

All this is true. But it also looks like excuses. No matter what the situation is personnel-wise or coaching-wise, in the end, the team has to get the job done on the field.

I'm not. Too many things can change quickly. I HOPE we will get there, but I'm not SURE of anything.

That's all I'm looking for. If we fail in the CL, but give our best doing so, I'll live with it. I won't go jumping off any bridges.

But of course, we both know we want them to do better....... :)

Boandlkramer repped this.
  14. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ouch, sorry guys.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're in the f#cking Group of Death.

Matakos repped this.
  16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Real Madrid
    Man Citeh
    Ajax
    Borussia Dortmund

:rolleyes:

17. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    okay, Ajax are easy. We can beat them both games with our eyes closed so Europa League participation is guaranteed.

If we can park the bus, we can get maybe 2 draws against Madrid and City and hopefully wont lose 5 or 6 to 0 in any of the games.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :confused:

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's what we thought about Olympiakos last season too. :rolleyes:

We can beat both Man Shitty and Ajax. Man Shitty has not proven they can stop shitting their pants in Europe. I am not afraid of them.

We can do this. I'm not saying we will, but we can.

However, we also have to prove that we can stop shitting our pants in Europe too......

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  20. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wonder if City or Real will spend now?

21. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Well, City are trying to get Maicon from Inter and Scott Sinclair from Swansea. Real just bought Modric and need maybe only a right back... someone like Piszczek.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Group of the Champions from the top 3 Leagues in Europe + Holland...Hup!

HarveyDent repped this.
  23. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Come on BvB! You can do this! :cool:

But please buy a top striker before tomorrow though!

24. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Group of Death. :(

But I think Klopp and the team are better prepared than last year. They will do better, I just hope it's enough to get through this group. Manchester City is a fearsome team in England, but like BVB wilted in Europe. Let's hope it happens again and BVB/Real battle for the spots.

Edit: Anyone else bothered that news sites are reporting it as "Real Madrid draws Manchester City"? I realize EPL is the top dog, but at least give some credit to the team that dominated BL. Much more impressive than a team who won it on goal difference (okay I will admit the way they won it in the last round was amazing).

25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    That's it, some teams have not attractive names, but are hard to play. Tough luck in the draw from the names and the teams histories, but hey come one, Bayern beat Real and City in last years CL campaign. Dortmund has not loose and can play up.