"But can he win MLS?" - The Jose Mourinho Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by ADiSKOTEC, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Callejon, at this point is faster, in better form, and a better goal scorer compared to Kaka. If Callejon's shirt would say Kaka on it, it would be absolutely natural that the guy plays more right now.

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ozil has been in horrible form since the start of the season, and Di Maria hasn't been much better. Clearly playing them all the time without putting heat on their ass isnt working. It is hypocritical of Mourinho to bench Ramos or Benzema to get them to improve their performance and then promote favoritism when it comes to Kaka. Callejon is also part of that favoritism; hes a hard worker and a good finisher, but the amount of minutes he gets in comparison to Kaka is plain unfair. I dont want Kaka to be a starter, far from it, but sitting out match after match is simply outrageous as he's been in good form. Not to mention he usually has great influence on the fluidity of play of Madrid, which right now is sorely lacking.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Your bias is blinding you.

Ozil has been benched many times this season, including this past match against Manchester City.

4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With regards to his form, it has been too little imo. Hes been nothing short of dreadful. Kaka hasn't disappointed in the few meaningless minutes he got (he was great in the Cup game and against Ajax and did quite well in the little time he got vs. Dortmund) and hes been fantastic for Brazil. if Mourinho is rotating the striker spot between Benzema and Higuain, then Kaka should get a lot more time at the expense of Ozil. Not asking for 50-50, but right now its like 95-5 in favor of Ozil, which doesnt correspond with the form and quality of the two players. Modric is essentially playing another position, so he isn't really a direct competitor for the spot, while Callejon is more of a replacement for Di maria, although there are times when Kaka should play ahead of him.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The media argues that Özil has been at his best for a few weeks. I can't argue against them. He takes corner kicks and free kicks well when we need him to, and his free kick assists are the best thing we've had for a very very long time.

It's not a comparison. Mesut starts in this team hands down.

6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont know which media is that, but the only thing that is correct is that he is good at set pieces. In the flow of the game, hes generally invisible or completely erratic, bad touches, passes and decisions all over the place.

Once again, I am not advocating that Kaka should be a starter. I'm saying Mourinho is treating him unfairly and that he should be more often on the pitch, thats all. And with the way Madrid have been playing lately, with complete lack of cohesion and fluency in attack, a lot of it is due to Ozil's lethargy. Kaka is better at linkup and a bigger goalscoring threat from him, despite Ozil's set pieces. Xabi can do that too after all.

7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple dude, Jose doesn't trust Kaka. Period. Doesn't matter what any of us think about it, he just doesn't trust him out there.

8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh I know. But its a shame nonetheless and I think its should be recognized as such. I think the fans indifference to the issue allows Mou to keep that injustice going, there should be more public pressure on him to play Kaka, because in all honesty the guy deserves it and its pretty much (more) money down the drain this way.

Its strange how Florentino doesn't interfere in favor of Kaka, its his galactico buy.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy deserves it? The guy makes a shit ton of money and hasn't repaid any of it thus far really. He doesn't deserve anything at this point but to play the role he is asked to. It's a shame he has been so ineffective and inconsistent his first few years here, which caused part of this mistrust on Jose's part. Kaka has to shoulder some blame for the situation he is in now.

10. *CRistiano9*

*CRistiano9* Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I believe it's his last season whatever happens some "mutual" contract termination as when he left Chelsea as there's no way his ego is having a firing on his perfect CV.

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering if the team loses this weekend to we come here to rail against Mourinho or will there be deathwatch/countdown to termination thread.

12. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Just read that Jose Mourinho is now the longest tenured coach in Primera (Pochettino was let go by Espanyol).

Yeah baby. Das wa yew call es-ta-beel-ity!!

13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Lordy. Two and a half seasons is the highest?

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Well, Pepe Mel (Betis) and Paco Herrera (Celta) have been with their clubs longer... but some of that tenure was in Segunda.

15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good news. Now we can fire him and maintain that it is not because the club lacks stability but because we are progressive and decided to move forward in a new direction.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    My Lord that is horrible. No wonder the media is getting restless.

17. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Del Bosque is making sure everyone knows he voted for Guardiola for the Balon D'or. I am starting to think he is just being smart, knowing that its basically between him and Mourinho so might as well not give my vote to my competition.

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    A pro Mourinho campaign is gathering steam on twitter. The plan is to 'unleash' a hashtag tomorrow in an attempt to make it one of the top trending topics.

#SoyMadridistaYDeMou

[​IMG]

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valdano also said something i believe on radio, that complaining (for example about the decisions in the Manchester City match) is something Barcelona did, and that it's for "losers". One comment is ok, but running through every microphone and newspaper to put another one on top of the other makes you look obsessed. Obviously the press is hungry for anything Mourinho related. It leaves a bad taste to come out now and try to take advantage of it.

20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Not to defend Valdano in any way, but he has a regular appearance slot on El Larguero so you know the people on that show are just going to tee up those questions.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And I have no issues with what Valdano said. He has come off a bit bitter in some of the comments he's made since leaving the club, but he's spot on with this one.

22. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Pep and Mou are just hiding a relationship that will soon be known to all.

[​IMG]

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    For the record, Pep seems to be enjoying it far more than Mou.

24. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    If Mou leaves we can bring:

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

meringues and Zidane05 repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    For some reason, Arsene looks natural in that outfit.

Alma Merengue repped this.