Burn a Koran day 9/11

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by CHICO13, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Will Chef Jim claim that we're better than Saudi Arabia? Will Batman and Robin escape the Joker's clutches? Tune in next week...

2. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Some acts of protest can be prohibited if they are deemed very likely to cause an clear and imminent danger to people. Besides that I hear that the preacher was denied his permit to have a Koran burning day. Many cities and municipalities do have ordinances against burning objects in protests nonetheless.

3. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    no.....

4. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    When in the hell will we as Americans start holding ourselves to our own standards?..I don't care there isn't a Christian church in Mecca or some loons want to behead the South Park guys...American exceptionalism

5. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    bring a few Kegs of Beer those "God hates f&gs" people ..some strippers some cocaine maybe some midgets that can juggle

6. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I agree that the scenario you laid out is a double standard.

How many of the world's 1.4-ish billion Muslims do you expect to do something nutty? Would you consider said portion to be "the greater Muslim world"?

Correct. It isn't any less true that your logic is a bedwetting one.

So the nature of the building is entirely predicated on how they react to a bunch of hayseeds in Florida acting like pricks? I'd say that the bar for the builders being "interested in American ideals" rests at the level where they are willing to exercise their rights to build their community center on their property.

Are you saying Rauf's sufis will go berserk? Are you expecting them not to be annoyed at a bunch of hayseeds acting like pricks? Last I checked, there was nothing inconsistent with American ideals about that (nor, for that matter, the hyperventilating numbskulls who are feigning sandy-vag syndrome over 9/11 in order to justify thinly veiled attempts to intimidate a congregation out of its plans.)

I can pretty much guarantee you that the entirety of the western and southern shores of the Gulf will greet this event with an annoyed yawn.

7. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    You forgot that the new Batsignal has a crescent moon, and is located in Alaska... :D

8. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Glad to see you finally support Reverend SandyVag and his congregation's Koran Burning festival.

9. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're the only one here on your side, Jim. Seriously, you're better than this.

10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I have no idea when I've ever said - or even thought - he wasn't ALLOWED to do such a thing (barring local ordinances). I absolutely support his right to be a complete ********tard. I just so happen to think he's a complete ********tard who probably deserves to go to his conception of hell for being a religious bigot.

Please, I beg you to point out any post where I've done anything like telling anyone they weren't allowed to do something they are legally permitted to do.

You seem to think you've got me in some sort of "gotcha" moment, all the way down to sarcastic pos-rep. I am amused.

Also of note is the massive dodge your post was.

11. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I almost feel like proving a point by tossing a bunch of religious texts including the Quran and the Bible into a pile and lighting them on file so religious Christian whack jobs can feel a kinship with their Muslim whack job brethren.

13. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Muslims have something much more important to be mad about, like occupations of their lands by Western armies.

14. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Don't fly planes into buildings then....or support the fcukers that do.

15. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    True Christians would forgive you and pray for you. These whackjobs would excersize their 2nd Amendment rights.

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  18. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    If the conservatives make a big deal of it, are they stupid too? If liberals are silent on the topic, are they too being stupid and hypocritical and bigoted?

Not according to this guy:
    So in order to keep an event from happening, all I have to do is place an anonymous phone call and mention the word bomb on an airplane?

19. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the evolution of political correctness.:eek:

20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Oh, come off it. Political correctness for its own sake is a bunch of touchy-feely bullshit. This is not that.

Given your attitude here, however, how WOULD you have things proceed? By allowing a loud group of rabble effective veto power over another group? What IS the solution?

21. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Before one can burn one one would have to buy one. I would never do the former as the latter is totally out of the question.

22. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    How ripe that the church he runs is called the "World Outreach Center".

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    That's odd. If it's "For the Cause", I'd think it would be NECESSARY to buy one. Aren't you committed?

Besides, there are such notions as "misplacing" a "borrowed" item. You can do it! For Jeebus!

24. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I don't know why I try to explain things to a guy who uses wikipedia to show me how I don't know the definition of a word, but I just can't help myself.

No, you see, a Conservative who makes a big deal out of it, unlike a liberal, would at least have a principled reason to oppose it, unlike the liberals who are simply trying to make political hay out of it.

Similarly, if liberals are silent on the topic, it would likely be for again, a principled reason, like the First Amendment, not as much for political reasons.

I'm sorry that your simple mind can't understand context, but there it is.

So now why don't you and Stanger go to your secret hideout barn and talk this over. Come back when you've come up with something new to say.

25. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    put both groups in a cage match - winner take all.