(Bundesliga matchday 30) Borussia 09 Dortmund gegen FC Bayern München (R)

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by PaoloFCB, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I cant remember Schweini getting injured last season. He played 32 league games and 7 CL games

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have to see this game in conjunction with the Real game on Tuesday. Schweinsteiger can get match fitness only in matches and due to the progression of the whole season there is no time to waste at all even if this might have been advantageous for BVB. But if I look at Bayern in first half today they already had this advantage even without Schweini benched. Remember that Schweinsteiger "lamented" him missing the return leg vs Marseille due to this very problem.

The other teams are less "perfect" (I'm not saying BVB is perfect by any means just that Bayern is always totally playing into their hands) in the way to play vs Bayern. Gladbach totally profited from two fluke goals otherwise they probably don#t score at all. And in general all these teams usually have too many weaknesses (whether individually or as a team) that Bayern still can exploit to win.

I think we were because yet again, Bayern failed to control the center of the pitch vs BVB and the only weapons in Bayern's arsenal the wingers got shut down again (mostly, Ribs woke up a little in half 2, but too late anyway) yet again and consequently Bayern's offense game totally crumbled. I think Bayern desperately needs tactical and personnel flexibility to be able to employ a 4-6-0 against sides like BVB, in order to counteract on the pressing and take over the midfield center, while vacating the flanks a little to lure out the double teams on the wings better and beat Subotic and Hummels with a skilled (ideally, because we don't have this) striker on the ground

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you can already cross off the cup final because I don't see a possibility for Bayern to win that one right now, not with this coach and and current level of tactical prowess unless individually Rib, Rob and Mueller/Gomez have a great day

4. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    MOTM was Lewandowski.

All-star performance capped off by his 20th goal of the year.

5. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wouldnt that be the kicker. Lose to the same damn team 5 times in a row?

*stats check

6. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    + Lewandowski leading the line. :eek:

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea I understand that. It's the worst game to make your start after being out previously. Imagine though that he did start today, and the nature of the game being as physical and fast paced, he re-injured himself. Then he'd be out of the Madrid game altogether. Medical staff probably made the decision that its best not to start him. It was pretty obvious when he did come on that he still wasn't 100% fit. At the end of the day they might just not have wanted to risk it.

Even Dortmund have weaknesses that Bayern can exploit. They became much more tired in the second half but we weren't effective enough as a unit and they still defended well. The pattern to me is very similar, this season going back to last year, its the same issue that rears its head over and over again. Until that is addressed we'll continue to struggle against these kinds of teams.

We were horrible relative to our standards or potential but we weren't playing just any league side today but the best in the country. Against teams like that we can't always play the same or expect to maintain the same level of performance, we have to get around them in other ways. That lack in variety is what hurts us more than anything else. Definitely agree there.

8. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just saw the result, but haven't seen the match. yet another loss to dortmund. looks like my prediction remains safe.

it is a results business and it should be now clear that we aren't the premier German team. too mentally weak.

I would expect no trophies this yet again this year.

9. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OH jeez...now we have to listen to Grossfotze for the rest of the season. Let's see how they do next year competing for more than just domestic success. I can only hope that they actually achieve expectations in Europe, however, how high could they really be after the last 2 years?

10. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund need to perform better in the Champions League next season... if they don't make it out of the group, I will put an asterisk next to their name on the list of Bundesliga winners

Bundesliga Champions need to play well in the Champions League

11. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Tough luck on the loss guys, but it needs to be taken on the chin. At least finally Bayern has a true competitor for the next few years in the Bundesliga in BVB, not one-year wonders like Wolfsburg or Stuttgart.

It isn't over yet, but it's very close to being done now. Gotta focus on CL and Pokal now, still a lot of fish left to fry before the season ends.

12. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just finished the match. wow.

won't waste time on Gomez Ribery and Mueller.

but what a disaster for Robben. I wonder if he can repair his psyche after yet another choke.

Kroos and Alaba were bright spots.

13. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hitzfeld backed you guys before the match because bayern are in two other competitions as well. Or else he would have "backed dortmund" in this match. I thought that being in other competitions made you guys less potent in the BL?

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

We would have won the league titles fair and square. If you win the CL this year will you have an asterisk next to it for qualifying without winning your own league first? I thought the CL winner had to be the best team in their own country?

15. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

right on man!

16. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The 1999 CL finalists werent domestic champions in 1998

17. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then he should put asterisks next to their names too..

18. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't had a chance for posting before, but I just want to congratulate all BvB fans in the forum for the title ...

... and to thank Robben for delivering the Silver Plate personally to them.

I also want to thank Heynckes, because removing your Key Goal Scorer in the most important match of the Bundesliga this season when the game is Tied with 15min left to play certainly is the right choice :rolleyes::mad:

Now let's focus on Madrid !!!

EDIT:
    Tell me about how awesome are the teams that Real Madrid Faced and won this season (both in La Liga and CL) ... :rolleyes:

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Better than the ones BvB couldn't outdo in their CL group

...and once again Bayern are in the Semi's.

20. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, that wasn't fun now, was it? Since when does Robben miss PKs????:confused: The dude is money on PKs and haven't seen him ever miss. Unbelievable! Ribery was out of it, his shots were off and so were his passes. Kroos too, really poor. Gustavo phoned it in. Schwein should've started and Gustavo should've been benched. BvB's quickness really caused a lot of problems but for the most part, Bayern held the ground. The 'Mez couldn't get into the match, maybe because Ribrob was on vacation. Olic was invisible. It's debatable as to whether Neuer should've stopped the goal but Weidenfeller deserves to be his #2 on the Nat team.

Alaba was fantastic until he hit BvB's box, then he crumbled to dust. Still, job well done.

I think the home crowd really got to the boys. If the match were on neutral ground or at the Allianz, the result would've been much more favorable. Sets up a dream Pokal finale. At least, the ref was good.

Oh well, better to lose now than on Tuesday or in the Pokal finale.

21. balla_basti

balla_basti Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Dhaka
    I think this is hitting the nail on the head perfectly. Bayern are individually excellent but most of their play is dependent on players 'finding solutions' on the pitch. While this can often lead to fantastically one-sided results, the trouble mostly arises when things are not going Bayern's way or they are under pressure from the opposition. Compare this to Dortmund, whose style is so well coached and practiced that even if they are not having the best days they can execute many moves out of rote.

Heynckes, I feel, is from the Harry Redknapp school of management. While his player management skills are supposedly good (or are they? Olic, Pranjic?) his whole approach is based on having a smooth working environment and putting the best team out there hoping they shine. Part of the blame for this lies with the management definitely, but in reality I am surprised Bayern have made it thus far considering the lack of proper 'coaching' that they often show, especially when the going gets tough.

22. AZFCB

AZFCB Member

May 11, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what happened with Magath during his spell.... coaching??? i wasn't following those year 2004-2008 ...after Hizfield he came back again???....

23. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely not, champions 1998 was Kaiserslautern in Germany, Liverpool in England....:confused:

24. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyway congrats to Cris and all the Dortmunder fans for the title!

25. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Great post. Reps coming for you.