Bundesliga matchday 21 : Bayern Munich gg Schalke 04

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Philipp Lahm, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe this:

Lahm boetang Dante Alaba
    Piggy Martinez
    Muller shaq robben
    Gomez

Then we can sub off muller piggy and maybe Martinez in 2nd half.
    Risk little injury and fatigue for arsenal..

I hope soon we can rest our entire 11 before each CL and dfb.
    I would really love to see us fully rested before Dortmund.. For the past 2 years they have had full rest against us and now I want the tables turned...

2. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Robben's overall game last match was already better than almost every game Muller has played in the entire season. Difference is Muller's finishing this season has been class, and he is creating good chances while Robben (albeit in one match) lacked these. I agree with you that Muller is a starter and Robben will really have to outdo Muller, in other words he needs to play like he did last match regularly and score/assist at a drastic race. If it's a case of both players being around the same level, Muller is likely to edge due to what has happened so far this season.

I like your idea of resting Kroos, and starting Robben preferably. That way Muller can play SS and Robben RW and they can alternate. Personally since Wolfsburg is pretty shit, I'd like Shaqiri to start over Ribery as well. We have a 15 point gap, we can afford to rotate 4-5 players every match.

Dhajj repped this.
  3. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    did this seriously happened DURING the game?

4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wait this was during game, I thought it was half time practice....

No way anyone would do this during a game...

Edit: You can see another practice ball in the background and absolutely no one in that entire pitch view..

5. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but the score show 4-0.. so its not half time ..
    and yes i saw the other ball .. but now i am more confused lol

6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wait yah it does say 4-0....

Commercial break????? ;)

7. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe it was during a goal celebration for the 4:0

Matakos repped this.
  8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How long do goal celebrations last before kick off again? About 30 seconds??

9. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I heard Lahm's is writing a followup book to his autobiography and it's titled, "Die Spitze Mannschaft"! Look around, we're at the top of the mountain now. NOthing or no team has been able to bring us down, not even Robben's tantrums or squad rotation. I've been following Bayern since the mid-90s and no Bayern team has ever looked this good and dominant. We destroyed Schalke but really weren't much of a team without Huntelaar & Farfan (and Holtby;)) .

I thought Robben did well today. Very energetic and fluent on the pitch. He should've passed to Mez for an easy tap-in but he made up for it later with a nice pass that led to Mez scoring. Mez still looks out of sync a bit but he needs another match before he's fully match fit.

Alaba was fantastic today, one of his best matches ever. Love his interplay with Ribs on the left side. Can any team stop these guys? Defense was solid as always. Love seeing Boa back in the middle. We haven't let in a goal in almost 2 months since 14 Dec, 2012 in our draw against G'Bach.

Big ups to Jupp for starting Robben & Mez and still kicking arsch. Rock-on! Or should I say, Samba-on!:sneaky:

[​IMG]

10. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You are not really right with this. It is the system that is different with Müller playing instead of Robben. It is not meant in this system that Müller stays on the right to play a fully winger - with the opponents we face he just has to play the way he does. And this he just does great. You see him filling this role very differently in the German team - but for Bayern it is just good like this. He does not need to get the ball on the middle line and carry it forward - and it would not work with a midfield that is often very left sided. Yes there is matches in which he does not get the ball very often - against Fürth the problem was that they made a lot bad passes on the right side on the way to him - or the opponent was very smart. But even then he somehow makes the assist for the 1:0...

We need that part time striker when Kroos is playing as he is playing his role very deep - and it might help a little when Schweinsteiger is as often in the box as Saturday and plays around Kroos - but that is not really perfect - it is not good for Schweinsteiger's form on a long run and he is not really that dynamic type that makes everything so dangerous. It does not really matter if Robben plays more elegant than Müller. Robben ain't the player he was two or three years ago - and we do not play a system anymore that emphasizes his strengths.

And - Müller's unpredictability is that what the team needs. And his mentality. The success this year has a lot to do with him. Our home table is like last years - we did not have problems at home last year and do not really have this year. Our away table looks very different. Müller scored 9 goals and assisted 3 away - in all but one match - that is 50 per cent of the away goals. He had a move in every of the first goals away - not always the goal or the assist, twice a preassist and the attacking of Molinaro before he made a bad pass that Mandzukic could catch.

He does not score multipacks of goals or assists - but he does that consistently in about every game he plays.

Lahmfan repped this.
  11. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, it did. When the game was on hold short after the 3:0 and 4:0. Neuer was interviewed about it later on it and explained that he needed to catch some balls so he kept warm if Schalke would really try him later on... ;)

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/braucht-keinen-torwart-mehr-28468388.bild.html

Hoeness and Schweinsteiger at the Basketball match yesterday

[​IMG]

----------

And for the ones that speak German - Adidas football has a so called live hangout on air today on google + at 18.00 German time. It is a kind of live video conference with Schweinsteiger, Müller, Podolski and Mertesacker probably each from their home about the Bayern-Arsenal match

[​IMG]

They made something like this with Merte, Draxler and Höwedes prior to the Schalke-Arsenal match.

I guess it will get pretty interesting - or there might be a lot to laugh about - when I see who is taking part...

bayern15 and Lahmfan repped this.
  12. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This single handedly sums up our defense for this year in a picture..

14. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes I know it's not right, the Muller fanboy is quite strong with you. Muller has been amazing this season but nothing you stated changes that fact that Muller is a ghost for 88 minutes and then shows up once or twice in most matches. I can count in one hand games where Muller has been fantastic the entire 90 minutes this season. Robben was facing the same problem Muller has faced in that the left side of the field is hogged considerably more, yet he moved in the middle and to the left, and Ribery moved to the right to play with him, we never get such an interchange and Robben's movement overall in the game is much better and constant than Muller.

Muller is pretty poor during the game, and he is unpredictable and his mentality is good, but this doesn't change what I just said. I'm not saying Robben should start (yet), I would like to see how each player does during 2 games per week as currently it's pretty obvious Muller is the #1 choice RW. I've said it before and it still stands, Muller is not a RW. Other than his low crossing, his crossing is dreadful, his dribbling is mediocre, he can't score from far away and it's not like he can constantly beat players with his pace alone like some wingers. In other words he doesn't have the skills of a winger, even his role is "different" this still hurts Bayern other than this season when he's been able to constantly pull something great or amazing again and again.

What you said about his away form in the league is something worth noting though, and something that Heynckes should take in mind during the season and Pep from now on. I don't find that Bayern plays a different system but the players play differently and as such that's how the right side functions. Currently however Robben will need to improve his finishing which has been horrible and creating goals because at the rate Muller is going, it's going tobe difficult.

Not matter how much Muller can create or score he is not a right winger nor will he ever be. I think his role when he improves a few traits in 4-5 years could be in the striker position, but until then he has to make due with playing as a RW or attacking trio.

15. _Amy_

_Amy_ Member

Aug 28, 2011
    France
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Totally agree. And this number is just incredible:

Dhajj repped this.