Pre-match: Bundesliga day 19, Stuttgart gg Bayern

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by PaoloFCB, Jan 25, 2013.

1. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm guessing, just guessing, that you have not coached before... There's so much more that goes into team management decisions than you're addressing in your posts. For JH, it's about the bigger picture of the team, continued confidence which leads to continued success on the pitch. It's not about the result of one away BL game to Stuttgart. It's about the greater success of the overall season that he's striving for... There are many different coaching styles....all of which can be effective....at times. Some coaches are screamers and constantly berate their players to get desired results. Others are calm, more quiet encouragers.

(**This is NOT directed at you Matakos...) Many people believe they are football experts because they play (or have played football) and watch every match that comes on the tv. Coaching the game is an entirely different perspective....and is SO easy to criticize and second guess from your sofa with your laptop. There's so much more that goes on...even with youth teams, high school teams, etc.....let alone a club that is rated as a top 5 club on the world level.

I am continually surprised....and yet I'm not....at the constant criticism here and the belief that it can be done better by the posters here. The fact of the matter remains that if the posters here could do better, they wouldn't be here posting...they'd be doing.... Again, Matakos, these comments are NOT directed at you....you just opened the can of worms for me.

Bottom line....small picture is that we are running away with the BL title right now...and this was a successful, much needed away victory during that course. Big picture is that Bayern is still in the running for three trophies and is enjoying a great run over the past few years (2 CL finals in 3 years). We have a great coach steering our ship at the moment, and have just signed the most sought after manager on the planet to take the helm this summer (success yet to be determined).

I am just baffled at the negativity around here...

eissman, SoccerMIGermany and nekkibasara repped this.
  2. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yea it's always easier to criticize from your armchair. What I probably should have made more clear, is that my criticism wasn't exactly directed at Heynckes man-management(I think he's one of the best in that department) but at his mentality and philosophy around our tactics. I get the impression that once we are winning he considers everything to be working alright and since the results are good he is satisfied. That however is never going to take us one step further. Our quality is such that we can beat other teams just by outclassing them talent-wise. There will be times however when that won't be enough. My main cause of worry is a drop-off in the quality of our movement and combination play in the last two months. Our superior quality is masking this change but I would like to see a reaction from Heynckes about it. His comments in this timeframe I'm talking of haven't indicated that he is in the least worried about it

shealygg repped this.
  3. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Matakos

Maybe we should be patient right now. The first part of the season somehow was - get in gear - and then somewhen they started to loose energy - but they worked it through. Not in big style - but still very impressive as they at least got the results.

Now we are at the start of the second part of the season. Actually I would not be lucky if we would show great form and do slaughterings of opponents right now - we will need the energy and form later in the season - not right now.

And there is not so much missing. They always seem just a step away.

Matakos repped this.
  4. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the primary cause of our dropoff in creativity and fluidity in attacking is due to the arrival of the winter break. We were rolling along just fine. Towards the end of the first half, it is natural for fatigue to set in. Then the break is a bit of a double-edged sword, if you will... Yes, it gives our team some much needed rest. But, it also breaks the flow. They've had a good off-season training camp and have come back encouraged. The sign of a good team is one that finds a way to win when not playing to their best. The fluidity will return. The best news of all is that they've played well enough in the first half to build a bit of a cushion and can afford a slip-up. Thankfully, so far, we haven't seen that slip-up, despite not playing their best football. Patience...I think the free flowing football will return as they regain their rhythm after the layoff....

Matakos and Dhajj repped this.
  5. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. ^^

So many tend to forget the importance that such minor influences (to some) can have on the overall composition, chemistry, and effectiveness of a team. Sometimes they are not game related (weather, illness, injury) other times the are not gameday related (disciplinary, return from injury). Often time they are have greater picture in mind (match fitness).

Each year there are stereotypical let downs in the season - typically the outset, the first 2 weeks when the CL group stage and Pokal start to add games to the weekly schedule, immediately after winter break, and the same equivalent weeks in Feb-Mar with CL and Pokal games intertwining with Bundesliga games. Lastly, the grueling grinding length of the season.

I can only speak from my current profession, but the first two weeks back from Xmas break were absolutely like my first two weeks of new school year in term of getting into a routine again.

I think it is similar in the footballer's world.

shealygg repped this.
  6. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The measure of this season will not be whether the team can ever find their best form and convince us of their winning mindset, but rather whether they can find the right places to relax enough to keep fresh for the most important games. Better a title or three and points in all our games against the best teams we face than a 6=0 blowout of a bottom table team and peak too early.

I love watching this team at its peak, but I'd rather a lower peak that carries us just over the top than a big peak at the wrong time and a struggle at the end to finish strong.

shealygg repped this.
  7. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes! Playing on peak form at the right time is the key to us winning multiple trophies this season. No need to be killing it now, only to fade in the end. Let's build to peak form as the most important games of the season are coming into view...

Dhajj repped this.
  8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree.. Steady the ship. Keep our defensive discipline.
    Once we get heavy into 3 games a week we can rotate as much as possible.

We can go all out in the final phases of CL or dfb if we make it that far.

My hope is that we are very comfortable in the BL table by then that we can do full starters rests..

I feel good about this season guys... Fingers crossed.

9. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we win this weekend, BvB plays Leverkusen someone would drop points

I hope Leverkusen wins though I am more comfortable seeing Bayer behind us than BvB

10. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My hope is that bayer04 and bvb draw many games..

I would take draw over one of them winning every day ;)

11. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    my hope is that..we keep wining and they keep winning..so better moral for euro competition.

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.