Bundesliga day 16, AUGSBURG vs FC BAYERN

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Lahmfan, Dec 7, 2012.

1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL... fair enough. My mistake. Carry on!!! :D

PaoloFCB repped this.
  2. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "still hope"? That sounds like we are talking about some fringe player and not one of the best strikers in the world.
    Gomez already did a good job at the last EC and it was more the midfield that disappointed, not to mention that he has been good for the NT since around 1,5-2 years.
    If Klose hasn't discovered the fountain of youth then Gomez will of course be our striker #1 for 2014.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's always a chance.

The problem is these matches against opposition you don't need to break down and don't play narrowly, Gomez thrives and you give him the space he will instantly take advantage of it.

4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you have read the NT boards over the past 6 months.. It's been on crisis mode of who our next striker would be, because Gomez didn't fit the NT style like Klose does..

I agreed, but I am very anxious to see how Gomez has developed his game esp come the new year ;)

5. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No thanks, I'd prefer they look for a different scapegoat than one of their best performers when they fail in 2 years.

Boandlkramer and AllReD repped this.
  6. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem is that you create a system based on the players you have, not the other way around

7. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gomez will be 29 by 2014. If he's not #1 in 2014 he will never be.

Equilibrium repped this.
  8. Torjäger

Torjäger Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rocket science hey! Unfortunately I don't think the coaches at the DFB are masterminding much these days.

Either way 3 points today and a loss by both the BVB Hurensöhne/Schalke 04 makes me one happy fan.

9. Torjäger

Torjäger Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Search YouTube for this chant and look for the crowd away at Schalke. Someone out there posted a high def video and sound recently. Sorry I don't have the link handy. It looks and sounds pretty cool.

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First time we've gotten 7 away wins in the Hinrunde, 1 away goal conceded is also another record.

FCB_KVB and Matakos repped this.
  11. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We can also tie the record with the most points finished in the Hinrunde

FCB_KVB repped this.
  12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup, along with several other records. Very historic season.

Dhajj repped this.
  13. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You all know why don't you????

Because this is the first year I bought a Bayern Munich jersey ;)

Everthing I ever had were give aways or eBay knockoff

Raumdeuter and Torjäger repped this.
  14. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How long must we sing this song????!!!!!!!:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boandlkramer and bayern15 repped this.
  15. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Martinez is not a "steel" kind of player in the mould of khedira or gerrard, this just isn't his game. He's good at breaking up play, and I wish he would develop the aggressive attitude he needs but having watched him for a while, I know it isn't happening.

PaoloFCB repped this.
  16. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    This was a strange game. It seemed as if Augsburg caught us by surprise with their offensive gameplan. Possesion was evenly shared between the teams (49%-51%) and we run half a kilometer more than Augsburg(which can be attributed to us having less possesion than usual).
    Also notable is how Schweinis contribution to our game has decreased. He was 6th in the number of touches from the whole team with just 59 touches vs BVB and 3rd vs Augsburg with 76. This is far below his usual standards of 100+. His number of passes has also decreased with 39 and 51 passes complete vs both teams respectively (his avg. is 75 passes per game)

bayern15 repped this.
  17. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Also Tymo needs to be more calm when he's brought on towards the end of matches to shore up the midfield. Very lucky not to get booked at the end today.

18. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I'd take 3pts from that Schwarz & Gelb club to the North over any Hinrunde rekords.:sneaky:

Back to the match, we're somewhat fortunate Augsburg are pretty inept because if they would've had a decent finisher, the match would've been much closer. And the handball PK helped save the poor finishing in the 1st half. At least Mueller can take a PK with confidence.

The 'Mez, what can I say? He does more in 2 minutes than Mandzu does in 70. In my mind, he was always and will be the #1 choice. Can Mandzu take on 3 defenders and score? Don't get wrong, Mandzu's great, but the 'Mez is God-like.;) He's got better hair too!:thumbsup:

19. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude, Mandzukic got 4 chances all missed, Gomez entered the pitch after 61 minutes and scored in minute 62, there must be a reason........;)

20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    mandzukic hasnt scored for a while now i believe, guess he fits our aspirations. Why can't we have a really good pair of strikers instead of one great one and one mediocre one? I mean...

21. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didnt type that Mandzukic sucks, I only typed that Gomez is klar besser, I like Mario Mandzukic.......:)

22. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He doesn't suck, except that I wish we had 2 top strikers competing. It doesn't necessarily mean we'll always win, but it does mean we get the best out of both of them, usually.

PaoloFCB repped this.
  23. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    agree:)

24. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's not how it works with strikers in most cases. It's a position that requires confidence and trust of the coach so too much competition can also hurt that.
    All the greatest strikers had in the end no competition at all.

25. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well at least mandz helped us out where we needed him. He has done well enough until Gomez returned..

So now we have a fit Gomez for the 2nd half of the season hungry as a beast ;)