Pre-match: Bundesliga day 13, FC Bayern-Hannover 96

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by PaoloFCB, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't really think Bayern's system is tailored to Gomez tbh. There's games he touches the ball barely at all and scores, I don't see that as "focused around Gomez". We even saw with Mandzukic who is a technical striker a lot of his goals have been tap ins, our midfielders play a lot with it until they get to the penalty box and the striker is there to put the ball into the net. I'd say Liverpool with Torres or Chelsea with Drogba or United with Rooney after Ronaldo/Tevez left (not now). When you have a great midfield, you are not going to make a system for your striker, rather something that compliments the midfield and that's what it is.

I do think there's been modifications to make Gomez's job easier. I rate Cavani less than Gomez but he has been pretty amazing the past 3 years (or 2 1/2). Falcao the same thing. We can get into a conversation where who is slightly better and it doesn't matter, all 3 are amazing at what they do and all 3 are world class. I would prefer to see what Falcao can do at a big club though.

GarmischaBua repped this.
  2. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That combination of passes and off-the-ball movement combined with instincts of 3 players used to playing with each other now was sheer brilliant!!!!

Completely agree. Best series of the game.

Did you see the BVB sequence vs Dusselfdorf on the lone goal for them? Same thing.

3. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unfortunately I only got to see the HSV:S04 match yesterday. Who was involved in the combination for BVB's goal?

4. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nekkibasara repped this.
  5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Forlan still flopped in Inter

6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think there's a huge difference, Forlan was kind of like a player who'd be on form at certain times and do wonderful things. Falcao seems a few steps above that.

Perfectly legitimate argument you've made, but I think he's fantastically above the level he needs to be to succeed anywhere.

7. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He was actually unlucky, he joined them at a time when they were going through the post mourinho meltdown phase.