Bulldog Supporters Group

Discussion in 'Colorado Supporters Clubs' started by Colorado Supporters, Mar 23, 2011.

1. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any specials we should be aware of? I realize you are hosting live (with sound) but you gotta give me an incentive man. I know it's the end of the season but you still got to sell it. Give it another go. This time with feeling.

2. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Your incentive is that these 4 bars are the best ones to watch soccer in Colorado. However you can still drink cheaply:

Bulldog - Half price wells, wines & drafts until 7pm. (20oz Coors Light $2.50 before 7pm, $3 for those showing BSG cards after).

Three Lions - $2 off wells, wines & drafts until 7pm. (20oz Coors Light $3 before 7pm, $3 for those showing BSG cards after).

Baker Street - 16oz Coors Light $2 before 9pm.

McCabes - 16oz Bud Light $2.25 before 6pm.

3. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday October 22nd - Vancouver Whitecaps v Rapids

As the MLS enters its final round of regular season games, what the Rapids need to do to secure the all important 2nd wildcard spot (WC2) & a home play-off game has become clear. The first thing to remember is that, unlike the Premier League & European leagues, teams tied on points at the end of the season are separated first by their head to head records & then by goal difference, goals scored etc. This is great for us as our better head to head record against New York (we drew 2-2 & beat them 4-1 in the regular season) means they can’t catch us.

Houston are the only team who can take the WC2 spot off us and even then they will have to beat us on points (we beat them 2-1 and drew 0-0). So all we have to do is equal or better Houston’s result against LA on Sunday.

A win against Vancouver would do this & mean that we host a home play-off game on Thursday October 27th at DSG Park.

Vancouver v Colorado is at 5pm on Saturday so let’s pack the bars for this one – Click here for viewing party details.

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doing better than Columbus' result on Saturday would also clinch the WC2 spot for the Rapids.

Is Thursday confirmed? Last time I talked to my contact in the FO he said that it hadn't been decided, but that the most likely outcome was a game on Wednesday.

5. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, a draw against Vancouver & a Columbus loss would also see us get WC2.

I'm going off the MLS website - http://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule

6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In its press releases MLS has said that the dates will be picked once the matchups are known but that they were leaning towards having both games on Wednesday.

7. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's what I am now hearing from out FO - so why they posted those dates / times on the website MLS I don't know.

8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Place holders I assume. The playoff schedule page shows one on each day as well, but with the note that they might both be on Wednesday.

9. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The date & time is set! The Rapids will begin their 2011 play-off campaign this Thursday, October 27th against Columbus Crew at DSG Park. Kick-off will be at 8pm. Here's all you need to know:

As we only have 4 days to get the word out, we need everyone to help us - please talk to everyone you know, forward this email, post messages on Facebook / Twitter so that this message reaches as many people as possible. A poster can be downloaded at http://www.bulldogsupporters.com/media/print/flyer_columbus_20111027.pdf.

The BSG will be running buses to the game & hosting a tailgate. Departures will be from the Bulldog (5.30pm & 6.45pm) and the Three Lions (5.30pm & 6.30pm). A terrace match ticket, shuttle bus ride & tailgate costs just $25 for BSG burgundy members & $35 for BSG blue members / guests.

We are acutely aware of the cold / snowy weather forecast for this week and I would like to encourage everyone to prepare accordingly and wrap up warm. Our operations & tailgate teams will review the situation fully on Wednesday and adjust the plan if bad conditions are still forecast.

The game will be an eliminator meaning in the event of a tie after 90mins it will then go into extra time and penalties as necessary. This means it could end as late as 10:45pm. The buses will be held in the event of this happening.

The link for the information on the website (including reservations) is at:
    http://www.bulldogsupporters.com/events/detail.php?eventID=147

10. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A quick question for the BSG. What are the costs per person for a trip to Rio Tinto?

11. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When we run a trip costs generally are as follows:

Roundtrip plane ticket - $125
    Or
    Driving / Carpool / Bus - $65

Match ticket - $20
    Hotel (shared room) - $40

So costs are generally between $125 & $185 depending on how you travel.

12. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice I don't need a hotel since i'll be having drunken adventures and i dont have 125 to spend. so 85 thats not bad haha. Thanks for the reply!

13. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sun Nov 20th - LA Galaxy v Houston Dynamo (MLS Cup Final)

The BSG will be hosting viewing parties for this game, shown live (with sound) from the Home Depot Center, Carson City. All fans are invited to come to one of the venues below & join us in creating the best football supporting atmosphere in Colorado.

Downtown Denver
    British Bulldog, 2052 Stout Street

Denver City Park
    Three Lions, 2239 East Colfax Avenue

Colorado Springs
    McCabe's Tavern, 520 South Tejon Street

Boulder
    Baker Street Pub, 1729 28th Street

14. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Join us and Rapids players Matt Pickens and Steward Ceus at the Three Lions for the MLS Superdraft tomorrow morning! The Pub will be open an hour early (10am) for full coverage of the draft. Our Rapids hold the 14th overall pick, and there are plenty of great players available.

15. Rapids burgundy

Oct 12, 2011
    Littleton
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (Coming from my perspective, growing up in a hockey culture/ex-junior semi-pro hockey player myself) I know the game and it's fans.

Just a quick thought about the Rapids/Avs game for the BSG. I like the idea of chants, I did not attend the game so correct me if i missed anything. As I looked at the BSG website, they said that fans will chant passionately while wearing Rapids gear. The idea as a whole is a great one.

I watched the game on tv and heard booing from some of the crowd at the end of the game and wondering if they directed it at the BSG or the Avs themselves(they did lose to an awful-last place Blue Jackets team).
    Whatever it was, I think it would be a good idea to chant Rapids chants without using the Rapids name and use 100% the AVS name. While fans wearing Rapids and Avs gear (defiantly exposing as much Rapids gear as possible).

Although pretty minor of a detail, I say this because we want "hockey fans" to be attracted to the game of soccer and not drawn away from it. A pissed off Avs fan will probably get pissed or drawn away hearing the "Rapids name" out. Sounds stupid and pointless if they do get mad or drawn away at something like that, I know but it's just a thought.

In a country/state that wants nothing to to with professional soccer, let's do our part as fans to get the game out there the right and smart way. If someone wants to blow off steam and want to do some "damage" get them to the Dick haha. In other words this is a good opportunity to expose a new side of sports fanatics to a boring Avs fan-base(although it's been picking up a bit this year).

Not a whole lot of criticism, mainly just wanted hear about what happened and if it was a successful venture.:D

16. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not part of BSG but I was at the game last night. I was a few rows back from the main grouping of BSG fans that were doing the singing. To address some of your issues, they were doing the chants while using Avs instead of Rapids (Put the puck into the net and we will all go mental, for example) So no worries about that.

I did see the security come over and talk to someone briefly during the second intermission and at the start of the 3rd period some old man near me, who I am guessing is an Avs season ticket holder, yelled "Sit Down!" at them because they were standing as they sang something to start the period. I still don't know how I resisted the urge to yell "Stand Up!" right back at him. I wish that I had because the 3rd period had far less participation from all of us because that main group stopped leading different songs.

As for the booing. It was definitely towards the team. The booing was happening more and more through out the game because they were just playing sloppily, continually missing passes. I honestly wonder how many even noticed the occasional singing throughout the night because it wasn't that many people doing it.

I would be curious to know what the steward said during the second intermission though.

17. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can tell you we absolutely do that part you bolded

18. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was in the middle of the BSG section & wouldn't even say we booed the team. The ref maybe but not the team.

19. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids v Columbus - 4pm Sat Mar 10th

[​IMG]

We are back! The BSG are running a bus trip & hosting a tailgate for this game, where the Rapids play Columbus Crew at DSG Park. Prices for a match ticket, bus ride and tailgate start from $35. Discounts of up to $10 are available for BSG Burgundy members & Rapids season ticket holders!

New for 2012, we will be selling the first 20 terrace tickets at $15, after which the price rises to $17.

Details & reservations - http://www.bulldogsupporters.com/events/detail.php?eventID=172

20. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New York Red Bulls v Colorado - 2pm Sun Mar 25th

Join fellow Rapids supporters for this game, shown live (with sound) from the Red Bull Arena, Harrison, New Jersey. All fans are invited to come to one of the venues below & help us create the best football supporting atmosphere in Colorado!

For those going to New York, Click Here For Travel Information.

The BSG and Colorado Rapids have designated the British Bulldog as the named pub for this viewing party. The Rapids street team will be there with some Burgundy gear to pass out & the opportunity to win tickets to the Chicago game on April 1st. The BSG will have a full range of merchandise on sale & we will be doing some more giveaways. This in addition to some pre-match footy at City Park at 11:30. Come on out and support those Rapids as they go for another full three points.

More details - http://www.bulldogsupporters.com/events/detail.php?eventID=174

21. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Rapids v Chicago Shuttle & Tailgate - 5pm Sun Apr 1st[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Tomorrow the Rapids play their 2nd home game of 2012 against Chicago Fire. We have Shuttles from both the British Bulldog (1.45pm & 3pm) & the Three Lions (1.30pm & 2.45pm) & also a great Chicago style hot dog tailgate - Event Details[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]We'll also be helping the Rapids in getting the whole stadium singing 'Glory Glory Colorado' pregame & participating in a 'Show Racism The Red Card' display[/FONT] - Full Details

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Reservations Now Open[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Rapids v Chicago Shuttle & Tailgate - 5pm Sun Apr 1st[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Salt Lake v Rapids Away Trip - 7pm Sat Apr 7th[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Seattle v Rapids Away Tickets - 2pm Sat Apr 14th[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Rapids v LA Galaxy Shuttle & Tailgate - 7pm Sat Apr 21st[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Rapids v Chivas USA Shuttle & Tailgate - 7pm Sat Apr 28th[/FONT]

22. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle v Rapids - 2pm Sat Apr 14th

Join fellow Rapids supporters for this game, shown live (with sound) from CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Washington. All fans are invited to come to one of our venues & help us create the best football supporting atmosphere in Colorado!

For those going to Seattle, Click Here For Travel Information.

The Rapids have designated the British Bulldog as the official pub for this away viewing party. The BSG will be hosting some more pre match footy this Saturday at City Park from 12pm. We will be just north of 17th Aveneue via the Esplanade Street entrance. Open to all skill levels. Come down, play a bit and then head on down to the pub afterwards.

More details - http://www.bulldogsupporters.com/events/detail.php?eventID=178

23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you guys have plans to deal with the a$$hole fan(s) who decided to delay a Rapids PK by throwing crap on the field from the BSG side of the Terraces. That's absolute bullsh!t.

24. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Get off your passive/aggressive, #RapidsThugLife high(lowest) horse, and own what you project. The type of behavior you falsely object to, is EXACTLY what you 'stand' for.

And bring the rest of the mindless regressives into the cave with you, and let BSG carry the more noble torch forward.

25. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So tell me...who the fv<k are you exactly?