BSMX's Official Mexican National Team Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Deleted USer, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    When is the next owner meeting? That's when it will be known.

2. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    supposedly meeting at the end of the month which is when they are to announce our new coach

3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I think you overrate the power of all the owners on the national team. They don't really meet that much or handle day to day business. They only meet for their giant meeting in between each guy's business. That is why there is so much talk about power in the NT. If there was an owner that had influence it would be Vergara and Azcarraga. But then again Azcarraga wants Nestor out and his own guy there so it probably would be Vergara alone. That why he has been the most vocal about never calling them up eventhough Vergara's decision with the NT have been terrible.

As for the NT, this is the most worrying situation in a while. If they suspend all the players get ready for Peru 2.0

4. Prezidente_90

Prezidente_90 Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Maryland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/s...a-con-tener-todo-el-poder-del-futbol-mexicano
    Márquez sueña con tener todo el poder del futbol mexicano
    Dijo que en un futuro le gustaría presentarle un proyecto a los dueños para cambiar la estructura del futbol

Sorry if this is a repost but Marquez for president(of the fmf) anyone? If theres is any one person that I believe could help out mexico futbol wise, it's this guy
    [​IMG]

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    http://www.vefutbol.com.mx/notas/30372.html

------------------------

I must say, I do not agree with Flores calling up any of the players that are listed in that letter

I would let the players, as well as the FMF, have more time to cool their heads

It seems like putting their names on a list, where they know they wont come, will only add more fuel to the fire.

The most important thing right now, beside picking a manager, is for the players and the federation to come to an agreements, not a meaningless friendly against Venezuela.

6. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    agree

leave the guys who are on the letter with their respective clubs. calling them and having them come to Juarez will only make matters worse.

the press will be all over them and the atmosphere between the players, press and FMF officials will be uncomfortable

Flores said he has an alternate list, just go with that. however, wouldn't surpise me one bit if it's the FMF calling the shots on having the Euros come because that guarantees more $$$ in their pockets

7. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Carrillo speaks

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/s...rrillo-hablo-de-todo-lo-que-paso-en-sudafrica

8. sin fatalismo

sin fatalismo Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What with this guy and the whole "Aguirre is not my friend, I hope he's my friend" deal?

He sounds like some scorned female after a few glasses of wine.

Who cares if he's your friend or not, you're both failures as far as Mexico is concerned. Hug it out and revel in the fact that you two got it wrong.

9. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    The thing about Carrillo, and I'm going by my sketchy recollections of his last few interviews, is that while he'll nominally accept general blame for the team's failure, he won't pinpoint any particular failure on his part (and possibly no particular success on Aguirre's part).

So Aguirre chose not to bring Castillo and Castro, to start Perez. From earlier, it was Franco's fault for lying to them about how healthy he was, not their fault for starting him. Bofo's start was good (yeah right), but it was someone else's fault (Aguirre's??) for not giving him playing time earlier to be ready for the Argentina game. It was Guardado's fault for not having the characteristics to play the role they wanted for the left mid (and Torrado's for not being good enough to play as well on the right). Etcetera.

10. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Carrillo is a dick too

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    don't you ever bad mouth Carrillo ever.

12. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  13. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think Mario Carrillo failed to give good advice and follow thru with it. Carrillo is a douche bag for coming out like this and say this stuff to the press

14. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    The fmf must know some voodoo. Carrillo said they could have given Nery form in a month. Que no mame. It didn't work for Bofo.

15. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    even if bofo had years to get in form he would have still given the same results at the world cup. bofo is a mental midget and does not belong to the national team

16. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I bet you Bofo would score in the MLS

17. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he will score on some gueras but thats about it :D

18. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    If it ends up being Vucetich, I would be very pleased. He has a great record with mid-level teams and his last few years at Monterrey have been nothing short of terrific. Let's face it, outside of CONCACAF, Mexico is a mid-level team.

I have absolutely nothing against Chepo, and he's getting better as a coach. Give him more time.

But I do have a feeling that Lapuente will be taking Mexico to Brazil, and I would feel the same way if Chepo or Vuce were hired.

They talk a 4 year proceso, but Mexican coaches only get a two year trial.

19. Vasquez

Vasquez New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    OrangeCounty,CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

why do you think La Puente would be the one to step in if Vuce or Chepo were to be replaced?? Is it just pure speculation or because of the Televisa Connection? I have a weird feeling that it would be Ojitos if a replacement would be needed.

20. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ojitos should never be allowed to coach the Mexican NT again.

I hope they allow whoever the coach is to work for the full cycle.

21. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Pure speculation, but since Mexico has only had one coach last a cycle since 1986, it's not like it is a crazy idea. Lapuente has done it once before, when Bora was fired for no reason before France 1998.

Remember Lapuente failed miserably his first time around as well. He had the nerve to lose to the US in 1991.

22. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Before they hired Sven he wanted the job, I wouldn't be surprised if he throws his name in the hat.

I sure hope you are wrong, though.

23. Vasquez

Vasquez New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    OrangeCounty,CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, I sure hope both of them dont get another shot at coaching the National Team. Im would go with someone different from what we have had over the last ten years.

Chelis- if you surround him with a good tactical assiant ala Hugo-Carrillo.

24. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Chelis would have a heart attack. The guy is way too emotional.:D

25. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    vucetich has a good record in la liga Mexicana but thats about it. it doesnt really say if he is gonna be any good for la seleccion.

he failed miserably in libertadores and I attribute partly to vucetich