BSK Intro Thread: The Sequel

Discussion in 'Korea' started by 12th Warrior, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Don't worry you're not the only non-Korean in BSK. YLBowman is Chinese, weka is Spanish, mvvm is also non-Korean.

Mudang and GoonerDoz repped this.
  2. GoonerDoz

GoonerDoz Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Sydney - Bangkok
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    cool, so you are a south african in seoul atm?

3. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am indeed a white californian who enjoys watching the KNT and other national teams play. Also a fan of afc champs league/j-league etc. Main national team is Germany.

GoonerDoz, dudedudedude and kimchipride repped this.
  4. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No its not, its the KNT ;)

10August2012 repped this.
  5. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Name: :cool:
    Ethnicity: Korean
    Hometown: Mom is 1.5 gen, dad is from Seoul, born in Minnesota, moved to Seattle during early childhood. Where's my hometown?
    Current location: Urbana/Champaign, Illinois
    Hobbies and interests: LoL, internet shopping
    Favorite teams: KNT!
    Favorite non-soccer teams: Memphis Grizzlies
    Favorite Korean food: Pizza.
    Position in Korean BS Best 11: YSY like benchwarmer

Didn't even know this thread existed until now.

6. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    Out of state to Chambana for school? You like corn?

7. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know it's weird.

8. mvvm

mvvm Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe here :p

9. korfan

korfan Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hey guys, I've been lingering around for about a month, but I'm a teen from Canada who was born in Korea to a Korean mother. Big fan of the KNT (Can't exactly be a Canada fan, can I? They suck :p).

Guess I'll fill this out :p

Name: Tim
    Age: 13 (yes, 13. don't call me a plastic fan because of my age :p )
    Ethnicity: Korean-Canadian... (Korcanadian? Hmmm, that doesn't work)
    Hometown: Chongju/Daejeon/Chuncheon/Ottawa (Born in Chongju *apparently* moved a week after to Daejeon spent a good bit of my early days in Chuncheon with grandparents and moved to Ottawa, Ontario. Do I have ONE hometown??)
    Current location: Some lost town in Canada
    Hobbies and interests: A bunch of things, but you don't really give a damn, now do you?
    Favorite teams: Korea National Team! Bayer Leverkusen, Manchester United, Montreal Impact.
    Favorite non-soccer team: Ottawa Senators (NHL Hockey)
    Favorite Korean food: Oh, yes. Kimchi-jjigae. That steamy kimchi soup. With some banchan and a steaming bowl of rice.
    Position in Korean BS Best 11: - playing for youth academy... banned like Lee Seung Woo

10. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Wow I believe that makes you the youngest on this forum. Welcome.

korfan repped this.
  11. piesofmeat314

piesofmeat314 Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Hello BSKers, I finally decided to join the bandwagon of World Cup riders. I've been lurking around BSK for almost 2 years, but didn't bother to create an account because it's easy for me to agree with at least someone's post for every game. I felt now would be a good time to join, with the WC coming up and all. I look forward to being more active in the BSK community with you all.

Name: Jin
    Hometown: Seoul (under a bridge)
    Current location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Hobbies and interests: Reading, watching sports, writing, playing games, conversations, kdramas, chick flicks,
    Favorite teams: B04, Sunderland, Chelsea, and the Korean NT
    Favorite non-soccer teams: the Dees (AFL), Yanks, not a team but - Nadal (Tennis)
    Name 3 people (living or dead) you'd like to have dinner with: My Grandfather - I miss him a lot. Jesus Christ - amazing beliefs, Poe - Love his literature
    Favorite Korean food: gomguk, korean chimaek (I know, not really a "traditional" Korean dish, but still)
    Position in Korean BS Best 11: - Lee Woon-Jae (Before he got fat). I will run and jump only if I HAVE to.

GoonerDoz repped this.
  12. GoonerDoz

GoonerDoz Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Sydney - Bangkok
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sweet mate, welcome in joining ;-)
    Cool, my fiancee is Thai :)

13. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it seems i have yet to post one of these after all this time
    Name: not too hard to figure out right (though I go by a different name)
    Hometown: Daegu!!!
    Current location: New Haven, CT
    Hobbies and interests: Violin, clinical research, kdrama, SSBB/M, acting eccentrically in public with friends
    Favorite teams: KNT, KNT, KNT, any team where a KPA plays, Pohang Steelers, Daegu FC,.. oh and KNT
    Favorite non-soccer teams: As of the moment LA Dodgers and Texas Rangers. Y'all know the reason
    Favorite Korean food: if it's Korean I like it. With the exception of 물김치, 깍두기 and anything involving heavy vinegar or cucumber. Anything meat based and any soup is especially welcome. Also must include rice.
    Position in Korean BS Best 11: - benchwarmer

14. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    dat satori :D

15. kennypowers

kennypowers Member

Nov 3, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just saw this thread. Might as well intro myself. Long time lurker, sometimes poster. Here goes nothing:

Name: Kenny Powers Kim
    Hometown: Born in Pohang, Grew up in LI, NY
    Current location: Midtown NYC
    Occupation: Finance. Saw some younger posters, don't get into finance. Become a dentist instead.
    Hobbies and interests: Playing basketball. Cooking. Journalism
    Favorite teams: Manchester United + KNT
    Favorite non-soccer teams: NY Mets, Knicks, NY Giants, Lakers, Rockets.
    Name 3 people (living or dead) you'd like to have dinner with: Michael Jordan. Park Ji Sung. JFK. So many questions to ask him.
    Favorite Korean food: Galbi + half bibim nengmyun half mul nengmyun combo.
    Your 3 Favorite Movies: Godfather 1. Swingers. Mighty Ducks 2. WUWUWU Kenny WUUU
    Your 3 hottest women (or men): Han Chae Young, Olivia Palermo, Kate Beckinsale and Victoria Beckham tie.
    Position in Korean BS Best 11: If Kim Namil and Koo JaCheol had a son, I might be like him.

16. Chemist9116

Chemist9116 Member

May 7, 2014
    Lima, Peru
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hello everyone!. Im new to BSK but certainly not on soccer, i've been an aficionado many years and just like somebody posted earlier i was not active on sports social media until now. Its hard to be the newbie and catch up to what others have commented or said but looking at different posts i approve mostly what's been written.

Anyway i have high hopes to see Korea be as successful like in 2002 when it was the first time i saw them play. Its a funny story because our teacher (who was also our math instructor) let us see the WC finals on TV of our classroom when i was in high school as means to fill in sometime before the new class begun and to encourage us to do better in sports, and the first match we saw on Tv that day was that memorable Italy vs Korea, and i became so impressed about their performance (Korea) on the pitch and since I became their fan. I know there are lots of criticisms from some people regarding that WC, telling that some matches were either fixed or strange but i dont care, neither pay attention on those accusations, as long it brings me fond memories of that year and how i became interested in soccer. I may be over extended a bit, well here it goes my intro.

Name: Chris
    Ethnicity: Peruvian
    Hometown: Lima
    Current location: Lima, Peru's capital
    Occupation: (BS. in Chemistry) Former lab technician, former med-student, freelance researcher
    Hobbies and interests: watching tv, listening R&B music, jazz, disco, reading sci-fi, history, action genres, hobby electronics and i used to collect stamps. Can't drink, i cant alcohol due health issues (long story). I dont smoke.
    Favorite teams: Korean NT.
    Favorite non-soccer teams: well, not sure if counts but i liked Curling Korea NT performance in the latest Sochi Winter Olympics and their Women's national volleyball team in London.
    Name 3 people (living or dead) you'd like to have dinner with: My mom, Angela Merkel, Louis Pasteur.
    Favorite Korean food: Galbi, Ramyeon.
    Your 3 Favorite Movies: Back to the Future series.
    Position in Korean BS Best 11: Goalkeeper.

GoonerDoz, edlee1992 and hanul21 repped this.
  17. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

welcome Chris!
    out of curiosity, why do you support KNT?

18. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why is your club Ulsan?

19. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    are u peruvian or are u korean living in peru?

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Best club in Korea. Or he hopped the wagon after 2012.

21. Chemist9116

Chemist9116 Member

May 7, 2014
    Lima, Peru
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I never knew introducing myself could drag many questions, okay here are the answers.
    As i explained in the foreword of my intro, originally i didn't like watching sports, but someday our teacher made us to watch a soccer match of the world cup in 2002 in the class tv (yes our school had a tv on each classroom for displaying academic videos).

Coincidentally it was my final year in high school. I wasn't paying attention too much as i was busy reading some study notes for later that day, but because my classmates were doing some noise i couldn't concentrate, so i decided to take a break and join them to watch the match, then i asked my buddy, hey, who's playing?, and he told me it was Italy vs Korea, i noticed almost everyone wanted Italy to win.

At the beginning i didn't cared too much for any side, but then i saw the team wearing white shirt and red shorts (Korea kit back then), and i liked how they did stopped and frustrated italians, it was enchanting and entertaining, so the more i kept watching the more i liked. Even our local announcers on tv were praising Korea's performance that day.

Plus what it made so special is that as the score was tied the match was extended to extra time, so when Ahn Jung Hwang scored that goal i guess i was the only one who felt so glad in the classroom. After that day i wanted to know more, where is this country who did impressed me?, the rest is history. Since i become a fan of Korea NT.

I guess there are two reasons why i like Ulsan Horang-i, the first one is the city itself. Although i have never been in Korea, i've seen many pictures of Ulsan and it remind me lots of my hometown, Lima, which like Ulsan is also a coastal city and the landscape is also very similar, and since is the homebase of that club therefore im its fan. Now the second reason is that two players i admire a lot are from that club, Huh Jung Moo (noted for its famous foul on Maradona in '86, sorry but i dont like Maradona's arrogance its infurating) and Lee Keun Ho whom i would see also play this WC.

No, im not Korean. Im peruvian. But someday i would visit Korea if my post grad studies allow me to.

Its explained above. But, a bandwagon fan by definition isn't somebody who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning?. If its that what you meant, i certainly disagree to be on such category. I support them regardless their performance.

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yay I was just joking about the bandwagon. It was my way of proclaiming how superior Ulsan is (I know its not but still).

23. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    well welcome to this forum. iam glad you joined and its interesting that a non korean supports korea. i hope you can be a long term member.

24. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

;)

25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax