"Bro, do you even Madridismo?" - A Historical, Cultural & Philosophical Primer of Real Madrid CF

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by macaluca, May 7, 2007.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hector Rial(just one goal, but very rare)
    [youtube]AWLCAI7P8ik[/youtube]

2. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow at that goal; that would require a shitload of composure :D :D :D

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

This is the new version:

[youtube]dU7yOahsfSc[/youtube]

4. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Ex-Madridista José Iglesias Fernández who was known as Joseíto,, has died at his home in Grenada aged 80 years old. he played with Madrid between 1951 and 1959 during which time he won 4 La Ligas and 4 European Cups (playing in 2 finals). He was an attacking player able to play wide on the right (his usual position) or through the middle and scored 51 goals in 123 Liga games for Madrid...he also won one international cap with Spain.
    He was signed from Racing and also had spells at Atletico de Zamora, Salamanca, Levante and Rayo.
    He also coached a number of teams.

[​IMG]

Gracias y en paz descanse Joseíto,

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo's debut
    [youtube]a9j-uJxgJok[/youtube]

6. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    ^Without wishing to appear too anal about it, EG, I was trying to keep this thread for players who had retired from the game, so as to seperate it from the current team and football today....to try and have it as more of a historical thread rather than something that might overlap with the videos thread and others dealing with current news.
    Obviously I have no control over this and if people want to post stuff on still active players, that is their decision and right...but it was not my intention for this thread. I just felt the 'no active players' criteria, seperated it from other similar threads.
    I don't mean to moan, and do appreciate your efforts in posting stuff. Thank You.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alright....

Here is a vido that talked about Didi at Real Madrid with footage of Di Stefano and Puskas.

[youtube]ZxJmoc3qgQc[/youtube]

8. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    Like i posted in the Zidane thread, another Real Madrid legend.

[youtube]xi60w0rf8w4[/youtube]

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Paco Gento

[youtube]VtUejfhTjrY[/youtube]

10. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Puskas compilation..
    [youtube]qU7LzHoCspU[/youtube]

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The video has been removed apparently. Another link?

12. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    A bust of Ferenc Puskas has been unveiled today. Created by the sculptor Pedro Montes Martínez the bust will stand in the Ciudad Deportiva at valdebebas and was commisioned after the legend's death.
    Ramon Calderon said the club were obliged to honour the player and says he told Puskas' widow of the plan at his funeral...he is hoping she will attend a ceremony to unveil the bust in September. He said the club owed a debt to Puskas and this was their way of paying it.

[​IMG]

Pedro Montes is also working on a full figure sculpture of Alfredo di Stefano which it is planned will stand outside the Castilla stadium that bears his name.
    It is planned that the sculpture will stand on a two and a half metre pedestal and show di Stefano scoring one of his iconic goals against Vasas in the European Cup semi-final of 1958.

13. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I've come across a nice little site made by el mundo deporte to commemorate the centenary year....it is a pretty comprehensive and interactive history of the club and has some good features (Galería de gráficos is a nice little section).

Obviously the site is in Spanish but I think there is enough to interest non Spanish speakers and it is certainly worth taking some time to look through it.
    Hope you enjoy it, the link is...

http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/especiales/2002/02/centenario/index2.html

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may have been posted before, but here is a youtube collection of 20 great goals, RC has two (including No.1), Zidane's volley at 14, and just watch Seedorf's rocket launcher shot when he played for RM..I'd never seen that one before, quality of the video is poor, but you can get the idea even in slo-mo of how hard he hit this shot...cool video, cheesy music.

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raymond Kopa
    [youtube]kxFIDX_xDQc[/youtube]

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All the great number 7: Kapo+ Butragueño+Juanito+Raul
    [youtube]7JnZM5PeEr8[/youtube]

17. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I LOVE you Excape Goat :D

18. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Bump

Why?

Because this thread should be a sticky.

19. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Nice find. Loved it.

The other player on there was Amancio Amaro - fantastic player according to my dad. He is still very involved with the club.

BTW, it is Kopa, not Kapo. No big deal.

20. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it was Amancio who, in one of his first matches didn't have a RM badge on his shirt and he asked Di Stefano and he said that line Maca had his signature for sometime "Antes de lucir el escudo, hay que sudar la camiseta"

[You must sweat the shirt before you can wear the badge]

:) @ Alma : Any idea how he's involved these days?

21. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid in the 89-90 season where we scored that record 107 goals. The picture quality isn't the best, but its improved if you click on the video and make the screen smaller via the Utube site.

---

Some of the play is mindboggling :eek:

Part I

[youtube]5tDzwtuidPY[/youtube]

Part II

[youtube]2iVDGheZQn0[/youtube]

Cheers :)

22. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Indeed it was Amancio who prompted that line, however I have heard 2 different versions of the reply Di Stefano gave...the one I had as my sig and also the more direct "Primero hay que sudarla chaval" (You've got to sweat in it first, son).
    I'm inclined to believe this second one is more likely to have been his reply, but obviously the first one made a better sig. ;)

I'd be interested if anyone does have the direct quote of what he said.
    And of course the first quote will be returning as my sig once the season starts...as it is obviously a good luck charm. :D

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    He was very involved with the Asociacion de Veteranos at the club. I think he was linked to one of the failed candidacies in 06 (Palacios?). He is one the veteran players that alwys seems to be around.

24. elblanco

elblanco Member

Jan 26, 2006
  25. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I never tire of watching that compilation. See, those guys played with 3 CBs :p