bridgeview and the fire

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Jul 20, 2012.

1. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In Andy's defense, he doesn't and shouldn't have to. Just as the Fire FO didn't seriously advertise the Fire during the Blanco years, or any time after that, it seems to me that the village hasn't bent over backwards to attract other businesses as well. Both Leaders seem to have listened to The Voice in the cornfield: "If you build it, they will come." That is great for Hollywood movies, but it doesn't work for soccer here in the US.

I feel bad for the residents, though.

Y i S repped this.
  2. Jdgedwill

Jdgedwill Member+

Jun 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're saying Bridgeview doesn't try and attract new businesses by having one the highest tax rates per capita in the Chicagoland area? I live in Bridgeview and will for a long time because my property taxes are crazy high and my town is filled with empty strip malls and becomes crummier every year. My house will be under water for a long time. At least I have a close drive to watch my favorite soccer team of average quality not make the playoffs.

RadioGonzo, seamuslush, xtomx and 3 others repped this.
  3. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'd still like to know if the re-payment described below was for the 2nd Star Club, because if it is I know what is left of my trust in ownership will go.

4. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This doesn't bother me so much as a Fire Fan. I would have preferred that money go towards something an average schmo like me could also enjoy, but maybe that's all the city was willing to pay for.

If I lived in Bridgeview on the other hand, I'd be lighting things on fire right now.

Jdgedwill repped this.
  5. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Uh, yes, I think.

6. RadioGonzo

RadioGonzo Member+

Nov 16, 2009
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how I read it. This is some real swindling of the townspeople if I've ever seen it.
    I wonder how much Landek got greased to pushed this one through (just assuming that it was him.)

7. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    The Chicago Tribune has run several articles that bring all of this to light.

8. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The thing is, did Andy decide to do the 2nd Star Club and then expect to be repaid since he was the one that fronted the money for it as a stadium improvement since he technically doesn't own the stadium? Or am I missing something? Because I remember reading some place that Andy was the one that funded the 2nd Star Club.

9. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Time for another FOIA request. ;)

bunge repped this.
  10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it looks like Andy could not have used the money from suite upgrades on a DP, because it was not his money after all.

Maybe he can film a movie around TP. That is what his company does right?

11. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be the real reason why flares are no longer allowed?

Chris M. repped this.
  12. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Ouch. It's FOIA time!

That's what he did but now he runs a soccer team. Hopefully soon he'll starting caring about the details or hire a president who does an lets the president get to work.

13. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Wasn't the Second Star Club one of Lron's main talking poi ts to show that Andy was investing in the club? If it turns out that the broke Village is raising taxes to pay Andy back for his little hideaway for him and his friends, there goes that argument.

If the village actually believed that club would generate money to dig them out of their hole, then they are even dumber than I thought they were. The whole thing is bass ackwards. You need to build a base and real demand before you are able to charge six grand a year for a premium ticket. In Portland or KC where they have co distant eelpouts and real demand on the secondary market, you might be able to sell this type of premium experience.

Right now, you have your regular club seat holders down below pissed off that the tickets around them are sold on stub hub for twenty bucks.

14. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes. Once again, he doesn't know wtf he is talking about.

15. ATAtraveler

ATAtraveler New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  16. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    LIZZIE, loonixxx and bunge repped this.
  17. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Two men enter.
    One bottle leaves.

Y i S and Chris M. repped this.
  18. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That would be awesome.

And our jersey could be a Malort Chicago Fire jersey based on their label.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, I'm not too good with the ole' softwares.

Chris M. repped this.
  19. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Its finals week, so obviously I have nothing better to do

jeppsons.jpg

xtomx and Chris M. repped this.
  20. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Those are so hideous, where can I buy one?

Chris M. repped this.
  21. Jdgedwill

Jdgedwill Member+

Jun 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading this thread makes me hate Andrew for non Fire related reasons, the Second Star Club is a waste of money. Rich big shots won't be paying big bucks to see a Fire game, this will not be a profitable addition and is a waste of my tax money. Pave the parking lot with the money, do something that will improve TP for the general population that goes there.

22. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Second Star club is a way to attract partners/sponsors and fans who want an upscale experience. It may not be many people's cup of tea but it's good to have it in the Park.....and I'm pretty sure Andell paid for it, not Bridgeview property taxes.

It's long term thing, if you don't think people with $$ are ever going to watch MLS, why bother building stadiums or even having a league?

xtomx and bunge repped this.
  23. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    But then what was the repayment from the city to the club for? Maybe Andy fronted the money for the renovations with the view he would be paid back from the city for making an improvement to something he rents?

24. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There have been loads of improvements made all over the site. So, who knows.

25. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Way better than mine!