Breaking Bad Season 5

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by SpencerNY, Jul 13, 2012.

1. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that this final season will chart how Walt goes from being very much on top and in control, as he is now, to desperate once again. The scene at the beginning of episode 1 shows Walt appearing gaunt (possibly with cancer returned), haggard, and depressed. Also, he's buying an M-60 machine gun-- seems like a pretty desperate move. One who's very much in control is not likely to need a large, belt-fed machine gun for any reason. Walt's on his way down-- it'll be interesting to see how it happens.

2. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Who's the M-60 going to be used against? A final showdown with Mike, Jessie, or Hank?

3. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that a Mexican cartel will get involved, and the M-60 is for them. Walt would know that if he used a weapon like that against Hank and the DEA, every arm of United States law enforcement would work double shifts until he was dead or captured. But in a desert shootout with a cartel...

But really, it will probably be for a completely unpredictable and somehow nonconventional use. A regular old shootout doesn't seem Breaking Bad's style.

4. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    There has been some theorizing that Walt intends to use the tracer rounds and not just regular bullets because he's trying to ignite something and blow it up.

5. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More Jesse. No Sklyer. Thanks.

6. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yep. Pity Walt went in to save her.

7. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Kinda brilliant move on her part. She wasn't trying to drown herself. It was just to force Walt's hand in getting the kids outta the house. Even though I find myself looking at the clock whenever a Skylar scene happens it is nice to see someone who can outwit Walt.

8. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    That was harsh.

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Totally agree.

Short-term gain at best. Don't think she outsmarted him at all.

Very.

Then again, is she really worried about her kids or is it something else?

10. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She has driven me crazy since episode one but a good show always seems to have a character that drives you crazy. If it doesnt, the show probably isnt very good.

11. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The general consensus on the internets seems to be a pretty strong Skyler-hate. Count me among those who dissent. It is true that Skyler has been an obstacle to the designs of the "protagonist" Walt for a long time. But Walt is becoming the antagonist quite quickly. Personally, I always found Skyler's actions and attitudes completely understandable. They are only annoying (for me at least) insofar as she's making things hard for Walt.

But really, F*** Walt. That's my attitude, anyway. He's an awful person. He's a great TV character and Cranston plays him extremely well. But he deserves the horrible end that's likely coming.

12. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, Landry, no! (joke for Friday Night Lights fans).

Wow. My initial prediction is that perhaps Walt will admire Todd after this and look to replace Jesse with him. But maybe that's too obvious.

13. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    As bad as Walt has become I don't see him breaking his bond with Jesse, although Todd might have earned himself a spot in Walt's empire.

I'm starting to wonder if Flynn might end up doing some of Walt's meth as his family situation worsens.

14. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not see that coming. I actually thought Walt might do something but that took me by surprise.

15. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I had just said to my wife "I wonder if Todd is an undercover cop?" I guess I was wrong.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    This show is so damn good.

17. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Yeah, with the unpredictability of this show I could just as easily see Walt having Todd killed as him giving him a promotion.

Funny how much faster an episode goes the less we see of Skylar.

18. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Mike or Walt secretly had instructed Todd to take extreme measures like the one he did. They knew that they couldn't tell him to do something like that if Jesse were around because Jesse would throw a fit.

Poor Jesse. Children are the only thing he loves.

19. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    More likely that Todd took Mike's "There are 2 kinds of heists...leave no witnesses" speach to heart.

So in the previews it looked like Walt or Mike was meeting up with a couple of guys in the desert. Mexican cartel?

20. PeanutFlush

PeanutFlush Member

Jul 8, 2009
    NoVa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    Got a chuckle out of this.

"The last episode of Breaking Bad will be Walt leaving his family, entering witness protection & being placed in 'Malcom in the Middle"

That's an interesting theory about Flynn possibly doing meth since his family situation has gotten so bad.

22. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually thought the same thing when he was thinking about all the details. And that "You guys thought of everything" line... but then I thought about him. Before he hooked up with Walt, he was an actual worker in an extermination company. Were they dirty? Yeah, they stole things on occasion. That's probably not worth an undercover cop.

I think the whole "There's a nannycam" thing establishing him as helpful was a bit obvious though.

Holy crap was that train scene intense though. I was nervous.

23. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    How did Jesse et al know where and how on the tanker to drain it? And how "isolated" was that area that a kid on a bike and a guy in a pick-up truck just happen upon the scene?

Pardon me while I nit-pick.

24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    So when is the next episode?