Brazil x Colombia, 14 November in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Oct 30, 2012.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar should have realized the field was soft. Not the best way to take a PK. His left foot slipped.

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    With a veteran like Kaka, why not go with him to secure the win?

Danakil and NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  3. Danakil

Danakil Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    His usual routine was also useless. no need to show off like that. You dont have to take a long distance. His pentalty take and free kick was affected by it.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree; however, you usually don't change your assigned PK taker unless you are a disorganized team like Fla.

What is worrying is that Neymar has been missing his share of PKs lately. The last one I remember was vs La U in the Recopa.

5. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Eh, I think this team is coming along, albeit slowly. Columbia is a very good team. Obviously T Neves and Castan aren't in the long term plans, so no worries there. I was very encouraged by the passing in their offensive 1/4 of the field.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree that there has been some improvement. I'm still not a fan of playing without a true #9 up front. Neymar looked out of place in the first half when he tried acting like a center forward. He missed that point blank header, he didn't look comfortable on the ball when having his back turned to the defense...

It would be nice if we had some quality options on the bench rather than some of the bums that Mano calls up. There's no excuse not to call up the likes of Willian, Hernanes, etc. I know people here aren't really fond of Fred and I will admit that he hasn't been impressive when he played for the Seleção, but I'd like to see him again up front.

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I agree. Minus the awful missed PK by Neymar, we created a lot. Neymar did score, but his aim was otherwise poor. I saw one play where he practically passed the ball to the Colombian goleiro.

Let's see if Neymar can redeem himself by helping the domestic NT bring the caneco home from Buenos Aires in 1 week from tonight (and let's hope the locals can keep the lights on.).

8. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good goal by Neymar, but other than that today wasnt his game.

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    not to be a troll but the US ref was horrid. That was not a Penalty call to begin with and only started giving yellows in the 2nd half. Bring CONMEBOL refs at the very least next time.

Overall, a VERY good test for Brazil. I would love to see the same friendly next year but in BRAZIL to see how both teams react. You guys were missing some big guns and we were missing Guarin.

10. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar might want to work on his PK technique, this miss is very similar to the one vs La U ( he scored one inbetween those two, can't remember which team he was facing). ON both cases the pitch wasn't in good conditions, bu tot have his left foot slip both times shows that something is wrong.

Overall that was a very exciting game... Colombia really has a good team, might be the best one I've saw in years.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I disagree. The PK call was quite clear. What about when your defender came in cleats first into Oscar shin and the ref didn't call a foul?

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    quite clear? wow. At the very least you have to agree that the ref was aweful. He was overwhelmed with south american futbol and thought everyone was diving.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think it was a PK. He got the ball with the left, but before that he hits Alves right leg.

14. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Does anyone here think that the problem is Brazil lack a real #9 striker like Ronaldo/Romario? and right now I dont think Brazil has a good striker... L.Damiao is strong and good in the air but he doesnt have the speed and dribbling so im not a fan of him.
    Even though Hulk isnt a #9 striker I think thats where he needs to play for Brazil, he is strong, fast, powerful, good long rang shots, decent finishing and dribbling... and he has to be better than Neymar in headers.
    If not than maybe just playing Neymar as a false 9 is the best option, Im preety sure thats where he played today for abit than he moved back into the left.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree that he let more plays go that normally would be called fouls by South American refs. At least he was consistent for both teams with those calls.

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Our team is the base team that won our first Suramericano sub 20 (hosted in Colombia) that eventually fell to Messi's Argentina (late goal) in Holland 2005 U20WC.

While I would NEVER hit a a woman, Bolillo's action post Copa America (THANK YOU GOD), set us on course for Pekerman and out of the same Colombian Mafia = Maturana-Bolillo-Lara, etc.
    Only guy i would have preferred is Dunga.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Positives:
    - Luiz and Silva. Excellent at the back.
    - Paulinho and Ramires did their job. I think it was Paulinho with the pass to Alves for the PK.
    - Kaka's movement, passes, and came close on a couple of chances. He wasn't perfect, but I think he is here to stay assuming he keeps his shape. Not sure how this will happen given he is Mourinho's 10th option.
    - Neymar's goal.
    - The system. I think Mano has finally something that may work. At least it's better than what we had before.

Negatives:
    - Alves ... he is terrible. Had a nice cross and the PK play but he brings a lot of negatives that IMO outweigh the positives. Lost balls deep in the defense/midfield, bad defending. I rather play Rafael and hope that he improves.
    - Won't even talk about Castan because he probably won't be back. That's Marcelo's position.
    - Oscar had a bad game.
    - Neymar PK and missed chances ... specifically the header. Not a great game other than the goal.
    - Thiago Neves doesn't belong.
    - The lack of a player who is a clinical finisher. Can Kaka, Neymar, Oscar +1 provide enough scoring ? But then again, Pato and Damiao weren't finishing either.

NotreDameFlamengo and Bakaman repped this.
  18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oooops ... Silva not Neves. Thanks for pointing it out. :D

21. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well actually defending was the only good thing that Neves did all game, he cleared a dangerous ball inside the box. Why did he start dammit?

22. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005

Sure players like Ronaldo/Romario is always needed
    and sure the center forward position is very weak and has been a problem for long.
    As type of player, Damiao has everything needed for a centerforward
    to perfect complement Neymar and this team,
    especially his powerful heading, shooting and directness.
    He is actually quite fast, his dribbling is not needed and has decent ballhandling and passing.
    His problem is irregularity, seem not mentally etsblished at this level and disappears in games. Instead of getting a boost from his very good Olympic performance he got injured and lost form and momentum completely.

Neither Hulk nor Neymar is really suited for center forward position and this alternative to play without a CF is working well as solution, and is a good use of the players, but I think an alternative with a CF also must be an alternative option to have, and probably should be the main alternative as default when that player appears.
    Same thing can be said about Marcelo, so both sides are weak...​
    though I would not suggest Rafael...​

23. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Ideal is of course a center forward/striker that can participate in the team play with mobility,
    more than Fred and Luis Fabiano, who are too fixed.

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    The times that Damiao was given his chances as a starter, he never received good service. I'd like to see him in their with Kaka' and Oscar. But, then again, I noticed his play as fallen off at Inter also.

IMO Fred was the MVP of the Brasileirao and he is a great player, but I dont think his game suits this team.

At this moment, I think Fabiano is the best bet. He is very versatile, is good in the air, and most importantly has tons of much needed experience.

Only if Pato didnt have such bad luck. Thinking outside the box a little, one guy to keep an eye on is Lima from Benfica. He had a great season last year at Braga, and is playing even better this year.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fred has simply been too good and too decisive this season not to be given another chance. Yes, I didn't like his performances with the NT, especially at Copa America, but most of the team was bad as well. I'd like to see him in the lineup when we have been playing well. Neymar shouldn't be the target man in the area on aerial balls. He needs to be running at defenses from deep rather than receiving balls with his back turned.

About Marcelo being the same as Dani Alves, he is not. Marcelo has been much more effective attacking than Dani Alves ever has on the NT. Marcelo and Neymar on the left were one of the few things that was working when this team was performing poorly. Dani Alves has never done anything right on the NT, especially under Mano.